Wish MFP had an annual convention/gathering?

Options

Replies

• proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    this. would. rock.

we should do it - i don't think we would need permission or anything...we should just plan it and do it.

True we wouldn't but we would need things to do or have speakers etc,
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options
    That does sound like a lot of fun....and just a little dangerous for some of you...
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    That does sound like a lot of fun....and just a little dangerous for some of you...

He means you, Tasha. wait.gif

<
    angel4.gif
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options

Hellllooooo, Pot. I'm Kettle!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I love vegas. My kind of city I got 2 -3 times a year
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,337 Member
    Options

Hellllooooo, Pot. I'm Kettle!

Refusing to comment on the grounds that I will most certainly incriminate my naive, sweet, innocent self. :bigsmile:

@Shannon! Give me my halo back!!!!
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    Vegas does seem like the best spot. Weather and entertainment wise.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    This is the worst/corniest/cheesiest idea I've heard in a while. How do I sign up? :smile:
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    i will be in vegas some times in JUNE!!!\
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sounds cool! I'm down for it! Always ready to meet new people and share great practices, and did I hear Vegas!?!?!?!? I'm going in July and October! I'm ready!
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! I'd be glad to help organize...it's one of my strong suits.
    Of course, I would vote for Atlanta though....great airport, and lots to do. Plus it's not far for me. :)
    Vegas sounds awesome, but don't know about it....too many gourmet restaurants!!

I'm with ya on Atlanta, not very far from me either. Although going somewhere different would be fun as well.
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    And it would finally be a convention with healthy snacks
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Gosh it would be wonderful to meet everyone!!!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

He means you, Tasha. wait.gif

<
    angel4.gif

:blushing: Danger is my middle name! :laugh:
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I think MFP will be providing the 'Open' bar. WOOT!!

Water straight up, water on the rocks, water shaken not stirred......anybody want a shot...yes, of WATER! lol
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Excellent idea!!! Count me in!!! I especially liked the suggestion to have it at Hilton Head Health so we'd know that all the food would be healthy :smile:
  • crissa71
    crissa71 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think the cruise ship idea is great....that way they could only have so many people...early bird gets the worm kinda thing. You know there would be a HUGE response and this would be a way of keeping the numbers under control! :happy:
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I love this idea too! I think it would be totally awesome to be able to have everyone meet in person, and it's definitely something I would love to do at some point. Unfortunately, I hate to rain on this parade, but as far as an "official" MFP event goes, it's probably not going to happen this year. We are just TOTALLY swamped, and organizing something like this would be a big effort. That having been said, I really really think this would be a great event and would love to do it, so we'll definitely keep it on our to-do list. If the site keeps growing, maybe we can eventually hire someone who's sole job would be to organize the event.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion! if you guys end up having some kind of unofficial MFP event, definitely let me know!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    AWW, MAN! That would be a totally AWESOME get together :happy:

I would soooooo love to be speaker :wink: