Gotta Move it to Lose It (Closed Group)

Options
Hey everyone,

Link to the spreadsheet is: https://sites.google.com/site/myfitnesspalchallenge/

If we can all post on here now for motivation, and if every friday you can send me a message with your new weight, (either on my profile, or privately) and i'll update it.

Remember to keep checking the spreadsheet to eye up the competition and keep using this thread to motivate each other!

Good luck to us all!!

Replies

• ladychi306
    ladychi306 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Can I join this group? Please and thank you!!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Dawn and I'm very excited to be part of this challenge. I look forward to getting to know everyone and working toward our goals together!
  • Princessa1982
    Options
    i am excited about this as well, looks like we are in for some fun weight loss!!!
  • Charli666
    Charli666 Posts: 407
    Options
    Also very excited, and scared, i'm not used to organising adults lol, LadyChi, this is a closed group, but as you asked so nicely and within minutes of me closing the group, it would be fab to have you with us, please let me know your weight as of April 1st and a target weight for the end of april ASAP so i can add you on x
  • kelseyfaith
    Options
    I am really excited to be a part of this and I pledge to give as much support and encouragment to all of you as I possibly can :) xx
  • Charli666
    Options
    I also forgot to say, if anyone has ideas to add to the web page (within reason lol) i can do that, so if anyone has favourite recipes they would like to share, or has any other ideas, let me know and i'll see what i can do, it would be nice to have a group collection of things that are easily looked up, whereas searching through this thread may get a bit hard to do when it gets longer :)
  • Shmookalink
    Shmookalink Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Best of luck with the weight loss. I'm Neil, for those that don't know. Let's smash those goals!!!

:-)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ! I am excited to be apart of this also ! My name is Kristen user name is kris1085!
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Julianne and I'll be participating in this group with all of you.

About me: I'm a 26-year-old woman with 3 jobs (yes, 3!) and I work about 70hrs a week behind various desks. Because of my schedule, exercise time is limited to mostly the weekends and maybe one day a week late at night and I need the support of a place like MFP to keep my diet on point so I can lose weight (or at least not gain, which is what always seems to happen when I stop logging my food and hanging out on these boards).

I lost 63 pounds back in 2009 and since then my weight has crept up by about 12 pounds and I really want to get back down to 179 by the beginning of June for swimsuit and tanktop weather! From there, maybe another 10 pounds would put me at a weight I would be very comfortable with.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Charli666
    Options
    A lot of you know me on here already, but for those who don't, i'm Charli, i'm a 24 yr old support worker, married to the most amazing guy i could wish for since May 2010.

I've had the worst year of my life (no joke!) and whilst i've always been big, my weight has crept up to a level that i cant stand, also had the shock of being told i cant conceive naturally, and need a BMI of 30 to get IVF, well i have a BMI of 40 ish atm so i have a long way to go.

I've been here 2 months (MFP) and in that time lost 40lbs, so am confident about the future. Love the support it get from everyone on here, and feel like i have a 'second family' to turn to when i need help the most.

Set up this challenge as a small friendly challenge so that we can really get to know each other, and get more support than you do in the bigger groups, and also because i think i need a bit of a push in the right direction as my motivation is fading a little lately.

I look forward to getting to know you all, (or know you better) and look forward to each and every one of us reaching our goals!
  • Charli666
    Options
    Hope everybody has had or is having a fabulous day full of inspiration and motivation x
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've been off the wagon so long that I forgot how it is that first week of a reduced calorie diet... my stomach feels so empty!

I know that if I can stick with it for a couple days more, my stomach will shrink down and it will get a lot easier, but man, these first couple days are hard. Gotta keep drinking a ton of water and telling myself it will get easier soon!
  • Charli666
    Options
    Julianne, don't give in, it is soo hard the first few days, but it will get better, if you are genuinely hungry, and you have tried waiting and drinking and waiting some more, then have something small to eat like a piece of fruit. if you go over your goal by 50 or so when you're getting to grips with this it won't hinder you too much! keep at it girl, we know you can do it :happy:
  • leahmartin
    leahmartin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. My name is Leah. I am a 33 yr old mother of 3. They are 12, 10, and 3. I go to school full time and work over night shifts, which is my downfall really. In 2007 I weighed 300 lbs. I lost 120! YAY ME! Well then we moved, I started school, we stay so busy, blah, blah, blah, I am now back up to 259. I, too, am having a hard time getting back on track.

I know how to do it. I know how unhappy I am, so why can't I? Most weekends due to my schedule, I am awake anywhere from 24 to 40 hours with no sleep. You know what that does to your diet?? Horrible horrible things. I am trying so hard to get this off and keep it off. I have spent the last year watching the scale climb ever higher and saying oh I won't let myself get above 190, 200, 210, and so forth. To know sitting at 259 AGAIN!!!

I hope to get some serious motivation from all of you guys as well as give it in return. Oh, and any advise on how to count my calories over the weekends when I am up forever hours would be gratefully appreciated! Good luck to everyone!!
  • Princessa1982
    Options
    well, I am so excited! My goal is fats approaching and it is only april 7th... i thought about changing it, but i think it will motivate me even more to see how many lbs i can go above my goal (or under in weight terms...

So last thursday on the 31st of march i was 263, today I am 257!!!! 6 lbs YAY! If you can update that for me, I wont weigh in tomorrow!

I am going to start weighing in on mondays starting this monday coming, I am joining the Oromocto Biggest Loser competition here in town! But i will just hop on the scale on friday mornings to get a good accurate count for here!

I am so excited and motivated today! Thnaks for being a part of this with me guys!
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Alicia....Those are some fantastic results already!!! Please share with us what you are doing!

I hope everyone is having a great and healthy day :)
  • Charli666
    Options
    So proud of you Alicia, you definately motivate me, i'll update your weight for you no problems at all!

Leah that sounds so tough! i wish i had some advice other than the usual try to drink lots, and plan meals to be every 4 hours so you dont snack too much. I used to work 12 hour shifts (sometimes doubles) so i really feel your pain!

Julianne, i hope today is going better for you!

Much love to you all x
  • Princessa1982
    Options
    hey
    You asked me to share what I am doing. Nothing special in my opinion, but I am usually an all or nothing kind of gal so who knows!

I go to bed on weeknights at roughly 10 or 11 and wake up at 630am. I run a homedaycare with 3 boys (though I am not overly busy as they are all 4 and tend to think I am uncool at playing with them) I do drive 2 of them back and forth to preschool (they are in different classes), prep all meals, crafts, go on outings and such. I logged that I am lightly active.

I have a really good friend who is a trainer and she has given me some great advice (in my opinion).
    I eat anywhere from 1200-1500 cal a day, averaging around 1300 ish.. MFP suggests I have 1600ish, though I just really do not feel that i need it. I also do not eat my exercise calories, yet. I have done some research and have made a personal decision not to until I am closer to my goal weight. I have a lot to lose and I am not playing that game yet. So I guess I net anywhere from 700-1100 a day depending on what exercise I do.

She broke it down to me like this, I eat 6 meals a day, give or take the calories

Breakfast -7am ish -- 300-400 cal
    AM Snack - 930am -- 150cal
    Lunch - 12pm -- 300-400 cal
    PM Snack -- 2:30pm -- 150cal
    Supper - 5pm -- 300-400 cal
    Night Snack -- 730-830pm -- 150 cal

That's 1350-1650 cal a day, regardless of what I burn. I was starving the first week, but now I am never hungry and usually am shocked that it is time to eat again. Feel free to take a look at my food journal, it is far from perfect though.

For exercise I go to boxercise 3 evenings a week tuesday and thursday evenings and sat mornings. It is a 1.5 hour class where you do a 15 min warm up of jumping jacks, burpees, sit ups, squats, shadow boxing and pushups ( over and over again) (longest 15 mins of my life, lol) 30 mins of circuit training, 30 mins of punching on the bags and jogging while waiting your turn, and the last 15 mins are an ab workout and stretching. Amazing class, very high intensity and fun. I am pouring sweat by the time it is over!

I then go to the gym roughly 3 days a week and have been doing an hour of cardio. Right now I start with 15 mins moderately biking, 20 mins on the stepper and 25 on the elliptical trainer. I stretch after I am finished working out as it has been proven to have no positive effect on cold muscles! I also take my son swimming at least 2-3 nights a week, and will threat water for 1 minute stretches every few minutes while we swim, he does not notice and it burns a few extra cal!

I have been taking one day off a week to relax and not be busy. I hate how I miss tucking my son into bed 2 nights a week as it is, so I try my hardest to go to the gym before supper on those 3 days a week, it does not always happen though as I have to wait for hubby to get home!

I just joined the Biggest Loser Challenge here in town and am excited to start that on monday!
  • Charli666
    Options
    wow alicia we do a lot of the same things to shed this weight, but i do need to exercise more, i've been playing with the idea of joining the gym for a while, tomorrow i'm going to go and see how it goes, thanks for the kick and inspiration x
  • Princessa1982
    Options
    You will LOVE and hate the gym! I love popping onto one of the elliptical machines and just going (i am not a runner, but with the arm movements it is as close as I will ever get) I find group fitness classes are great too, though i do get intimidated (or used to, now a days nothing is going to stop me from having my babies and the weight i should be) except those all dressed chips i ate today... and the 2 cream eggs that are staring at me, that I am about to eat!!!! lol