Your Never Ending Spats

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Yanno, the arguments where you both dig your heels in and no one gives... :tongue:

Ours~

Our dishwasher is mediocre at best, you HAVE to rinse off the dishes before you put them in or else they won't get washed properly. My hubby won't do it because "that's the dishwasher's job." :explode:

I've rewashed so many dishes (and it's such a joy after the food has been baked on there :indifferent: ) that it's insane. :angry:

What's your spat? :tongue:

Replies

• BigCountry00
    Options
    One thing my wife and I accomplish concerning the dishes is that she is responsible for putting all of the dishes in the dishwasher (apparantly I do not "do it correctly") and I am in charge of putting all of the dishes away once clean.

We have been married for almost 7 years now and it has worked well thus far.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Towel folding out of the dryer. I fold them to go back on the towel rack (trifold lengthwise, then in half), she folds them to fit in the closet (hell, I don't know how she does it!). We've been together for 15+ years and she still gives me grief on it!
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    In my house it's almost anything and everything...
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    hahahaa.......the toothpaste globs in the sink and wet bathroom rug after a shower! How hard is it to shake off your feet before getting out of the tub and washing away toothpaste globs as they happen instead of living them dried out for me to scrape!!!!!
    It's a work in progressssssss!:love:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    The level of the TV or Stereo. :explode:

I believe the TV or Stereo do not always need to be on...boyfriend can't stand not having "background noise" :grumble:

It's been worse since we had the baby...I am on a crusade for her little ears and he swears it is never "that loud" :angry:
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    leaving lights on upstairs.
    cutting on the ac one day when we're gonna need to use the heat the next day.
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    Apparently my husband doesn't even know how to bend down to actually put dishes in the dishwasher or get them out when they're clean! We've been married for 20 years - I've pretty much given up on these types of issues. Don't even get me started on laundry!:noway:
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have a few:

- Money. She likes to spend it, I don't.
    - The car. I love it. She hates it. (I do all the driving, so I am NOT budging on this one!)
    - Time spent together. She wants more. Even if I have an assignment due the next day, she'll complain that I don't give her enough attention. She gets bored just reading all the time at home, so it's my job to entertain her.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I love this!!!
    Just about all the above too:)
    But, The clothes that lie on the floor next to the hamper!!!! Drives me nuts!!! Seriously could make it DH!
    Married 5 years love him to death ya know:love:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Ice.... we have standard ice cube trays (ahh the dream of a fridge with an ice maker).... we like to bicker over who used the last of the ice and didn't fill the trays (usually me). :laugh:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    But, The clothes that lie on the floor next to the hamper!!!! Drives me nuts!!! Seriously could make DH!
    Married 5 years love him to death ya know:love:

OMG... DH leaves his friggin shoes EVERYWHERE. :huh:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Apparently my husband doesn't even know how to bend down to actually put dishes in the dishwasher or get them out when they're clean! We've been married for 20 years - I've pretty much given up on these types of issues. Don't even get me started on laundry!:noway:

Clean dishes just magically appear in the cabinets. I get this. :laugh:
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Our arguments are really funny actually...

I KNOW I told him about something so when I bring it up again he doesn't remember and says "you just think you told me but you really didn't"

GRRR.... This gets me fuming why don't you just say... "I'm sorry hun, I just don't remember that conversation" rather than putting the blame on me!!!
  • sewist
    sewist Posts: 40
    Options
    I can't think of anything. I'm sure there are things, I just can't actually recall anything this moment.

I've been married for almost 29 years. So i guess we've already sorted out the big stuff and accommodate the little things. I don't say anything about how to load the dishwasher and he politely ignores me rearranging everything that's been loaded!
  • Shannon023
    Options

I KNOW I told him about something so when I bring it up again he doesn't remember and says "you just think you told me but you really didn't"

GRRR.... This gets me fuming why don't you just say... "I'm sorry hun, I just don't remember that conversation" rather than putting the blame on me!!!

Oh...my hubby will do that too. I think he "tells" me things when he's in the basement and I'm blow drying my hair upstairs. :tongue:

As long as he says the words, that counts. :ohwell: :laugh:
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Everything. If it's not done exactly her way, it's just ****ing wrong. I stopped even trying to load the dishwasher because I got tired of getting 'that look' like I'm stupid and she just went and rearranged everything anyway. Now I just get b****ed at cuz I don't ever load it. So I got that to look forward to every day. Pretty much applies to every possible task. Yup, never-ending is about right.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    LOL! I've tried to convince my DH to towel off in the shower to avoid the wet bath mat situation but he just can't be changed on that one. So I compromise and make sure not to put socks on my feet until I'm ready to head out the door. Good thing I like walking around barefoot!

The only other thing we really spat about is our ideas of cleaning. We pretty much can't clean the house together or we'll end up not speaking to each other for a week - seriously, it's that bad. He has his way and I have my way and we both think the other one is wrong...leads to lots of hurt feelings. So we decided he'll just be in charge of outdoor chores and I'll be in charge of indoor chores and if either of us notice the other needs to do something, we'll mention it and leave it at that. Seems to work a lot better that way.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options

MINE DOES THIS TOO!!! OMG my second favorite is when I have caught him in a lie of some kind and he looks at me and says "huh"? Really your 2 feet away from me looking at me and you say "huh"..I figured out this is a delay he uses to buy time for an excuse...lol
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Toilet seat up/down.

Putting the new roll of toilet paper ON the roll, not just on the back of the toilet.

Taking kitchen utensils to the garage to use as tools. Grrrrr.
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Everything. If it's not done exactly her way, it's just ****ing wrong. I stopped even trying to load the dishwasher because I got tired of getting 'that look' like I'm stupid and she just went and rearranged everything anyway. Now I just get b****ed at cuz I don't ever load it. So I got that to look forward to every day. Pretty much applies to every possible task. Yup, never-ending is about right.

She sounds like a peach. :indifferent:

Sorry, my friend! :flowerforyou: