The 17 Day Diet

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• forgiven4life
    forgiven4life Posts: 451
    Options
    This weekend got me again! I completely went off plan Sat & Sun, but am back on again now. It is so much easier to stick to this during the week. I am going to have to gain some will power on the weekend. It's not even the carbs I am wanting, but the darn sweets! My sister in law is supposed to be buying the book and maybe with her on board with me, I can do a little better. A little friendly competition you know. :wink:

I plan to stay on C1 this whole week and then move on to C2 on the weekend. Maybe having a change this coming weekend will help me stay on plan better.
  • naedeeny
    naedeeny Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi all!

I am wondering how is it possible not to eat carbs after 2pm on this diet? I'm looking through my meals and there aren't much options for staying away from the carbs for dinner. Has anyone had any luck with this?
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am wondering how is it possible not to eat carbs after 2pm on this diet? I'm looking through my meals and there aren't much options for staying away from the carbs for dinner. Has anyone had any luck with this?

You can have plenty of vegetables with your protein at dinner.
  • bail01
    bail01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started the 17 day diet about 2 weeks ago and did really well for about 5 days, then Easter hit and I haven't been able to get back on track :(
    So I've decided to start over today. C1 D1 and I HAVE to do it this time. I want to do it. I know it works and i really, really want this.
    The hardest part for me is sat/sun. My boyfriend lives about 40 min away from me and i usually spend the weekend at his place. He eats a lot of processed food. I know I can bring food there with me, but it's a pain to have to bring practically an entire cooler of food there lol. And I don't expect him to buy a bunch of groceries for me...
    But i really want this, so I have to make it work.
  • BlueMindi
    BlueMindi Posts: 17
    Options
    Just checking in.. On Day 6 of Cycle 1 and down 3.5 pounds! I have must admit I have participated in some tiny cheats. For example my girlfriends made me drink a glass of wine when we went out on Friday --- but I was proud of my self I only kept it at one. I also don't stick to the no fruit after 2:00 rule and I eat almonds as a snack. I forgive myself for these things by working out extra. I am also on week three of Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 and have lost three inches on my waistline. My mood and I are having a hard time with the lack of carbs and my boyfriend is suffering but I am going to stick with it till I am off on vacation in 10 days.
    Good luck everyone!
  • naedeeny
    Options
    Great...thanks!! I was a bit confused because some of the veggies, like carrots, have carb contents.
    Hi all!

• gimmebackmybod
    Options
    This weekend got me again! I completely went off plan Sat & Sun, but am back on again now. It is so much easier to stick to this during the week. I am going to have to gain some will power on the weekend. It's not even the carbs I am wanting, but the darn sweets! My sister in law is supposed to be buying the book and maybe with her on board with me, I can do a little better. A little friendly competition you know. :wink:

I plan to stay on C1 this whole week and then move on to C2 on the weekend. Maybe having a change this coming weekend will help me stay on plan better.

Sorry to hear about your weekend, bu good to know I am not the only one! I am feeling like crap this am because i cheated a few too many times this weekend! I was too scared to weigh this am! I guess I am going to have to put a muzzle on over the weekends :) My prob is i was like "hey, i've lost 6 lbs so i DESERVE to eat something yummy". Not a good idea, guess I should get some rewards that are non-food related! Good luck to everyone this week!
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Day 15, Cycle 1: Almost done with the first cycle! I'm down 10lbs. I have to say this diet has been so much easier than I expected. I'm a severe carb addict and after the first few days I was fine and with each passing day it gets easier......although I am looking forward to adding more options to my menu in Cycle 2 :D

My goal is to lose another 2lbs this week. Fingers crossed!
  • naedeeny
    Options
    Congrats!! I too find the diet surprisingly easy to stick to..It is also very creative with the mixing and matching of the foods.

Day 15, Cycle 1: Almost done with the first cycle! I'm down 10lbs. I have to say this diet has been so much easier than I expected. I'm a severe carb addict and after the first few days I was fine and with each passing day it gets easier......although I am looking forward to adding more options to my menu in Cycle 2 :D

My goal is to lose another 2lbs this week. Fingers crossed!
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am C2D1 today and still am not losing weight anymore (not in like a week!) but I am focusing on getting my cals up. Just a little discovery I thought I would share - KALE CHIPS! You can buy them at Nature's Fare or make them yourself and after you get past the first one, they are very good! A guilt free substitute for chips! You can even dip them. I also bought some Greek Yogurt and made a seafood salad with it and it is also very good - 0 fat! I am REALLY HOPING to lose a bit this week, but despite the scale's refusal to move, I am continuing on. I also bought Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 (just finished 30 Day Shred) and OMG. I am sore today!!!! She is a crazy woman but it is a really great quick workout!

Send me some weight loss vibes people!!!
  • bellisima6
    bellisima6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Ok what I was afraid of happened, I had a glass of wine on Saturday and one yesterday and I had a piece of steak (lean but still) nad I had lobster. Today I'm starting over I did not get on the scale because I was so worried to see the damage.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I started the 17 day diet about 2 weeks ago and did really well for about 5 days, then Easter hit and I haven't been able to get back on track :(
    So I've decided to start over today. C1 D1 and I HAVE to do it this time. I want to do it. I know it works and i really, really want this.
    The hardest part for me is sat/sun. My boyfriend lives about 40 min away from me and i usually spend the weekend at his place. He eats a lot of processed food. I know I can bring food there with me, but it's a pain to have to bring practically an entire cooler of food there lol. And I don't expect him to buy a bunch of groceries for me...
    But i really want this, so I have to make it work.

I have a similar problem, but luckily, I live just across town from my BF so it's a little easier. And I "offered" to cook dinner "for him" so that I could plan the meal. He absolutely LOVED the BBQ Chicken from the book, and I also made my garlic-roasted aspargus dish that he loves. We ended up putting walnuts in it, but I just picked them out of my serving and added them to his.

I also gave him all the food that I can't eat, so he's happy enough with all that extra food that he's been really helpful and considerate.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    weighed in after the first 7 days, and am 2.5 pounds down. wish it were more, of course, as i really hoped that by the end of the first cycle i could have lost 10, but today my gym membership restarts so i can take heavier cardio/weights classes to jumpstart this week. i've been eating larger breakfasts & upon occasion nuts to meet a sensible minimum (1300 is ideal) ut once i work out more, how are you all keeping up with calories?? If i don't eat back a good chunk (at least) of my exercise calories i'm starrrrrving the next day.

My sneaking suspicion is that if your diet is pretty clean already, as mine was, you aren't going to get the initial water weight loss. I was good for the first 9 days...and I did see a 6.5# drop in that time frame. But some of that was what the scale had popped up the prior weekend.

So all told, I'm down 2#, but I have been a little "loose" on weekends. And it sounds lIke I am not the only one having that problem. It is just very difficult for me to find a nice stretch of time where we don't have something going on!!

I was eating a few nuts, and some full fat cheese for a calorie bump, but I've just gone back to an extra dose of protein. Lots of chicken and tuna. And I changed over to the Live Active Cottage Cheese from yogurt to get the sugar back down again.
  • RMinVA
    Options
    Hi all!

Ditto!!
  • RMinVA
    Options
    I am C2D1 today and still am not losing weight anymore (not in like a week!) but I am focusing on getting my cals up. Just a little discovery I thought I would share - KALE CHIPS! You can buy them at Nature's Fare or make them yourself and after you get past the first one, they are very good! A guilt free substitute for chips! You can even dip them. I also bought some Greek Yogurt and made a seafood salad with it and it is also very good - 0 fat! I am REALLY HOPING to lose a bit this week, but despite the scale's refusal to move, I am continuing on. I also bought Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 (just finished 30 Day Shred) and OMG. I am sore today!!!! She is a crazy woman but it is a really great quick workout!

Send me some weight loss vibes people!!!

I made my first batch of kale chips last week. Not bad, but not nearly as good as the store bought ones. If you make them youself in an oven (instead of a deydrator) only bake what you will eat. There is enough mousture left that they will lose their crunch by the next day.
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    So i finally purchased the book and I think it's do able for me, now I just need to go ahead and go grocery shopping. im excited to start losing the weight again, and make this a life style :happy: and it also sounds like everyone is doing so good. keep it up. :smile:
  • charlibets
    charlibets Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I received my copy of the book last week and I'm starting today. I'm looking to lose 25 pounds. The posts here are very encouraging, so I hope I can stay on track with this.
  • faith7210
    faith7210 Posts: 41
    Options
    What do you do when ur going to burn more calories exercises than u eat on this diet?
  • cnance
    cnance Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Marking this thread. Wife and I started today after buying the book on Kindle over the weekend.