The 17 Day Diet

Options
Hello Has anyone tried the 17 day diet? I just got the book today. I was wondering if anyone tried and if it works like it says it does.

Replies

• Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i also just got my book. I havent finished reading it yet. You can go to amazon and read some reviews on it. There were some success stories on there.
  • trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Options
    I just got mine also! Ready to start this Sunday. We all should start at same time and check each others progress. I am excited because can have fruit and some dairy.
  • faith7210
    faith7210 Posts: 41
    Options
    Sounds good when should we start?
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    we should start monday. that way we can make our run to grocery store this weekend and get everything ready. I'm excited!!!
  • faith7210
    Options
    Good Idea Starting Monday!! :)
  • trejon
    Options
    Monday is awesome for me also! You guys make me a friend! I am gonna shop tomorrow and get this ball rolling :flowerforyou: .
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hello Has anyone tried the 17 day diet? I just got the book today. I was wondering if anyone tried and if it works like it says it does.

I have been on the 17 Day Diet since Jan 3rd..
    As you can see by my ticker...I've lost 20 pounds so far....yayyy!
    I lost 5.5 pounds the first week....and just kept going. My losses weren't huge...just slow and steady. I've seen others lose much more....
    It works...plain and simple. I couldn't be more pleased.
    But...you do have to work at it....like any lifestyle change....It takes commitment.
    The first week will be tough....especially the first few days....But...You can do it...don't give up! After that...it's a lot easier.
    Some find it too restrictive to follow...and don't like the low carb. I didn't have any problem with it. In fact...low carb works best for me.
    A bunch of my friends are now on it...after seeing me drop the weight. They are also experiencing the same results.
    And don't think the menus are carved in stone. You can mix them up...If you don't like it...don't eat it. You couldn't pay me to eat oatmeal...so I eat something else instead. No big.
    But do follow his advice about exercising every day. It's just 17 minutes at first...and slowly increasing after that. Do something....walk, swim, dance, cyle....anything. ..just move. It helps so much...and you will feel great. Jogging works best for me.
    I haven't lost all the weight I want yet...so I am just repeating cycles 1, 2 and 3.
    I wish all of you Good Luck! You can do it!
    :bigsmile:
  • trejon
    Options
    That is so awesome! You really give me motivation to get started and stick to the program.
  • bluespring
    Options
    That is so awesome! You really give me motivation to get started and stick to the program.

:bigsmile:
    Please post your progress...
    I'll be cheering for you all!
  • mathmastermin
    Options
    I started the 17 Day Diet on Monday, tomorrow will make one week. So far, I have lost 6.8 pounds. The first few days were easy for me because I was really excited about trying something new and losing weight. The weekend is definitely the hardest time for me with family events and going out with friends, but I stuck to it.

I feel a great deal better than what I did when I started (even though it has only been 6 days. I am eating are much more healthy for me and I feel I am able to function without eating so much processed food. I am also enjoying working out more than I ever have before.

I have tracked my food and exercise on MFP and everyday I come up way below my 1200 calorie mark even without considering my workout calories. I am not trying to by any means, but the foods I am eating are so low in calories that it is hard to get close to the 1200 mark. I am eating a lot and never feel hungry.

I agree with bluespring that is is definitely a lifestyle change. I don't think of it as a diet, just eating much healthlier than I am used to. I am the carb-queen so cutting out carbs has been difficult, but I found that it is doable for me. I too do not think I will lose all the weight I want to before I get to the 4th cycle, so I too plan to repeat 1,2,and 3 until I reach a weight that I want to maintain.

6 days so far and I love it!
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    I think its great that you have found a program that works for you. My only advice it to be careful about how quickly you lose weight. If you're losing more than 2lbs a week, your body doesn't have time to adjust to the differences and your balance and brain won't be pleased. Losing a bunch of weight one week and not much for the next few is normal when starting a new program - just let it come slowly, because then you won't be back here again. And don't eat less than 90% of your normal metabolic requirement for more than two days straight. You can do long lasting damage to your organs that way.
  • trejon
    Options
    Ok I started today! Now the Green Tea is going to be the death of me instead of my coffee. Have great breakfast and now ready for the hard part - the long day.
  • faith7210
    Options
    I just started the 17 day diet this morning. I think i can follow this. I have no problem with working out so hopefully the diet and workouts help
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Can you really only get the book from his website? My library doesn't have it and I want it now lol!! What kinds of foods do eat?
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Found some more info, looks like its basically eggs/fruit or yogurt for breakfast, salad for lunch and grilled lean meat with veggies for dinner and yogurt for snack. Sticking to this alone would make anyone loose weight!
  • trejon
    Options
    OK I am starving to death! What do I need to do. This is day one and um not gonna make it. Trying to drink until my belly feels full but that is not gonna happen.
  • bluespring
    Options
    OK I am starving to death! What do I need to do. This is day one and um not gonna make it. Trying to drink until my belly feels full but that is not gonna happen.

More Protein. More Veggies.
    Have a cup of low sodium chicken broth to go with it...only 10 calories.
    What's dinner today? Sorry...I don't have my book with me..I'm not at home...
    Don't give up!
    You can do it!
  • mathmastermin
    Options
    I found this website when I first started. The food info is on the site as well as a blog that tells how this 17 day dieter managed to make it work. There are also some good recipes listed on this site.

http://tksinclair.com/
  • bluespring
    Options
    I started the 17 Day Diet on Monday, tomorrow will make one week. So far, I have lost 6.8 pounds. The first few days were easy for me because I was really excited about trying something new and losing weight. The weekend is definitely the hardest time for me with family events and going out with friends, but I stuck to it.

I feel a great deal better than what I did when I started (even though it has only been 6 days. I am eating are much more healthy for me and I feel I am able to function without eating so much processed food. I am also enjoying working out more than I ever have before.

I have tracked my food and exercise on MFP and everyday I come up way below my 1200 calorie mark even without considering my workout calories. I am not trying to by any means, but the foods I am eating are so low in calories that it is hard to get close to the 1200 mark. I am eating a lot and never feel hungry.

I agree with bluespring that is is definitely a lifestyle change. I don't think of it as a diet, just eating much healthlier than I am used to. I am the carb-queen so cutting out carbs has been difficult, but I found that it is doable for me. I too do not think I will lose all the weight I want to before I get to the 4th cycle, so I too plan to repeat 1,2,and 3 until I reach a weight that I want to maintain.

6 days so far and I love it!

Good for you!
    You're doing great for only a week! Congrats!
    And look how good you feel! That's the best...Look what you did!
    This tracker is great...keeps you honest. I've also been below my daily limit...most of the time.
    I also use a Pedometer and HRM......they are awesome tools to have! The HRM shows you what you're really doing...exercise wise...and lets you know when to amp it up for maximum results.
    Keep going...and keep posting.
    I look forward to seeing your success!
    .:bigsmile:
  • MoonMyst3
    MoonMyst3 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Bump... just want to follow along with this thread as I've been interested in this 'diet' since I saw it on Dr. Oz.