The 17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Day 2 has ended, I made it to day 2... on to day 3 in the morning.. so far not so bad, have no idea what I have lost...
    Will weigh in on Wednesday or thursday to see how I am doing...
    Lovely weather here in Az, 97 today and tomorrow... not sure if I will exercise outside, see what time I get up..
    Natalie

Good for you!
    Nice going!
    It's warm here in Florida too. Just got back from my daily jog. I try to go out as early as I can...it's too hot otherwise.
    Good luck!
    :bigsmile:
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Bump for my sis. Baby is due 24 Jun and she wants to some insight on this one! Good luck to all. :happy:
  • trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Options
    Man awesome progress for all. Congrats keep up the good work. Do not forget to exercise!

Does anyone have any breakfast ideas! This is the only meal that drives me crazy! I do not have tons of time in the am to plan something major. Gonna have to go back to oatmeal.
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    I made egg salad for breakfast using a scant teaspoon of regular mayo (can't stand the FF or low fat) and put some mustard in it and a bit of salt... had some grapes with it, yum, it was good, and the tea of course.
    I am on daY 3, and so far, so good, had chicken for lunch and some carrots...
    Natalie
  • iheartshae
    iheartshae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'n starting this today!!! Cycle One - Day 1.....

Any tips??
  • bluespring
    Options
    I'n starting this today!!! Cycle One - Day 1.....

Any tips??

Sure..have fun with it!
    Just follow the plan...eat more protein and veggies if you're still hungry.
    You should have at least 1200 calories for the day.
    You can do it!
    Good luck!
  • fullerlj
    fullerlj Posts: 25
    Options
    Bought my copy of The 17 Day Diet today (kindle edition from amazon) and started this morning.
    Once you read the book it is not a fad diet...it is just putting you through cycles towards a complete lifestyle change.
    It helps you re-train your body and mind to eat healthy foods and stay away from processed foods.
    I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone in the USA, because we Americans eat way too much crap.
  • grabbit97
    Options
    OK, starting day 4 of cycle 1, i have not weighed myself, but feel GOOD. I know I have lost some, but we shall see on Friday what I have lost.
    I had 2 eggs, made into egg salad, and some cantaloupe for breakfast with the tea (yuk), lunch will be a big salad, no time for the tea today at lunch, maybe drink it later at home. Drinking lots of water... chug chug, pee pee, you know the routine.
    I did upper body with weights today, got to hot outside for me to ride the bike, so I will do the routine I do with the 5 lb weights 3x today.
    have a good day...
    Natalie
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello, can I join you? I started the 17-Day Diet this morning. I'm a carb addict so I'm a little nervous. It's 3:40 PM and I'm ok. I feel some hunger pangs but I've drowned them with water. I'm on my 5th glass of water. It's started to taste different, lol. I'm really looking forward to my chicken and veggies when I get home.

I walked for 20 minutes today.

I'm hoping the next few days fly by.
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 4 and have already lost more than 5 pounds. I have already lost 20 pounds before that so I was surprised with the dramatic weight loss as I already ate fairly clean and not a lot of processed foods. But I definitely love the carbs! So far, this has not been too difficult for me. Haven't been drinking the green tea at every meal as I don't really care for hot drinks too much (except hot cocoa..lol!). So I guess I could drink it iced, I hadn't thought of that before! I use Truvia when I do drink it.

I would love to join your group. I think I'm a little behind all of you but close enough. Please add me as a friend if you want mutual support!
  • luvautumn70
    Options
    i just ordered the book, i can't wait to get started. Anyone on it that can tell me how its going?:smile:
  • bluespring
    Options
    Hello, can I join you? I started the 17-Day Diet this morning. I'm a carb addict so I'm a little nervous. It's 3:40 PM and I'm ok. I feel some hunger pangs but I've drowned them with water. I'm on my 5th glass of water. It's started to taste different, lol. I'm really looking forward to my chicken and veggies when I get home.

Welcome!
    Happy to have you with us.
    Day 1 is the hardest....but you can do it!
    NIce job on the exercising. It's really important.
    Good luck!
  • bluespring
    Options
    I am on Day 4 and have already lost more than 5 pounds. I have already lost 20 pounds before that so I was surprised with the dramatic weight loss as I already ate fairly clean and not a lot of processed foods. But I definitely love the carbs! So far, this has not been too difficult for me. Haven't been drinking the green tea at every meal as I don't really care for hot drinks too much (except hot cocoa..lol!). So I guess I could drink it iced, I hadn't thought of that before! I use Truvia when I do drink it.

I would love to join your group. I think I'm a little behind all of you but close enough. Please add me as a friend if you want mutual support!

Happy to have you with us.
    Great job on your weight loss! That's inspiring.
    I'm a carb lover myself...so I understand. I have to stay away from them for now...not forever...just for now.
    I don't mind the tea. But I had to try a whole bunch of different ones until I found one I like. You won't believe how different they taste.
    Good luck!
  • iheartshae
    iheartshae Posts: 34 Member
    Options

if I feel a hunger pang - I hit it with a vegetable! LOL
  • ShottleZia
    Options
    Just barely started (still waiting for the book) but thinking that greek yogurt is a great way to increase your caloric intake since this diet can be hard to get the correct amount. At least for phase 1.
  • fullerlj
    fullerlj Posts: 25
    Options
    my first day on the diet and I was only able to consume 888 calories and I know that is not enough! I ate a bunch of food too!
    It wasn't difficult or anything because i really didn't get super hungry...just normal hungry.
  • bluespring
    Options
    Just barely started (still waiting for the book) but thinking that greek yogurt is a great way to increase your caloric intake since this diet can be hard to get the correct amount. At least for phase 1.

Right!
    6 oz of the stuff has 18 grams of protein too...which we need.
    I have a bucket full of the stuff in the fridge...plain, unsweetened...yuck....hate it with a passion..:tongue:
    So...I mix in a bunch of fruit...It will do in a pinch.
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    Never heard of it, but, I'd like to look into it!!
  • grabbit97
    Options
    Never heard of it, but, I'd like to look into it!!

I use Great Value yogurt from Walmart, 80 calories non fat and sugar free ...
    I eat 2 a day...
    yummy flavors..
    Natalie