The 17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• regentin
    regentin Posts: 60
    Options
    Bump! I plan on buying this nookbook as soon as I finish my current book. I can't wait to see all of your results!
  • trejon
    trejon Posts: 203
    Options
    Ok Day TWO is not as bad! However since I am only trying to lose eight pounds I went into cycle two and skipped one. I feel so much better and not as hungry. I would rather lose at a slower rate but I think the diet is awesome.
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Ok Day TWO is not as bad! However since I am only trying to lose eight pounds I went into cycle two and skipped one. I feel so much better and not as hungry. I would rather lose at a slower rate but I think the diet is awesome.

Great! Glad you're feeling better about it.
    You'll know what's best for you. I stay away from the carbs right now...that's best for me.
    I can't wait until I'm 8 pounds away from my goal!
    Good luck!
    Keep going!
    :bigsmile:
  • trejon
    Options
    Any of you guys have headaches? I have been having them since starting this Monday and now I have a migraine. Drinking tons of water.
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The headaches are normal. Mine lasted bout 3 days when I started Atkins. It's your body going through withdrawal. And rebalancing with the nutrients you're now giving it. Stick with it a few more days and you'll feel better. :-) Good Luck!
  • MRT2011
    MRT2011 Posts: 5
    Options
    i haven't started or boughten the 17 day diet. i am just wondering what its all about. is there some fasting/DETOX period in the begining? Or is this just a really good diet plan/Life style change? Just want to know what I am getting myself into before I buy this.

Thanks
  • wwagw72
    wwagw72 Posts: 45
    Options
    I must be retarded, what does "bump" mean?
  • bluespring
    Options
    I must be retarded, what does "bump" mean?

It's just a way to "tag" this thread...to make it easier to find later.
    Rather than put a response in...you just type bump...
    Now all you have to do... is go to your My Topics up top...and all the threads you've commented on...will display.
  • bluespring
    Options
    i haven't started or boughten the 17 day diet. i am just wondering what its all about. is there some fasting/DETOX period in the begining? Or is this just a really good diet plan/Life style change? Just want to know what I am getting myself into before I buy this.

Thanks

It's a really simple plan for a life style change. I understand Walmart and local bookstores are now selling it...You should be able to find it there...and take a look at it.
    It's really easy to follow. All the daily menus are laid out for you. You just follow along. You eat regular food...protein, fruits, veggies...and drink lots of water and green tea. And get in some daily exercise.
    Good luck!
  • Dee78
    Dee78 Posts: 16
    Options
    Was invited to come here..

I started this 'diet' on 4-4-11 and I am already down 10lbs. I have 7 more days left on phase 1.

I would love to keep in touch with others who are following this. I have quiet a bit of weight to lose (which I lost before and sadly gained back) and hope this helps.

To the poster who mentioned headaches.. yup I experienced that around days 3-5 and only in the morning when I woke up.. nothing sharp but like a dehydrated type slight throbbing. But once I ate breakfast I was fine and I haven't had them since so I do think it was a withdraw symptom from the lack of sugars/carbs.
  • grabbit97
    grabbit97 Posts: 445
    Options
    I am interested in this diet,,, can you tell me some more about your success, what you eat on a tyhpical morning for Breakfst, then lunch and dinner for one day..
    thanksd
    Natalie
  • Ash10Dent
    Ash10Dent Posts: 75
    Options
    I'm not trying to put down the diet or anything but I tried it and thought I was going to die lol. I was starving constantly and I really don't enjoy meat very much so the unlimited protein made me want to barf..I guess it just depends on the person but I'm glad I didn't stick with it. I think I would've just gained all the weight back after I was done with it anyway. I would much rather just watch my calories and eat what I want to eat. When I was on the diet I found this website and put in my food to see how many calories I was eating. 800!!! No wonder I was starving. Like I said it just depends on the person, but for me unlimited protein is disgusting lol. Good luck!
  • bluespring
    Options
    I am interested in this diet,,, can you tell me some more about your success, what you eat on a tyhpical morning for Breakfst, then lunch and dinner for one day..
    thanksd
    Natalie

The 17 Day Diet is 4 cycles of 17 days each. In each cycle, there is a menu for every day...telling you what to eat at every meal. The first cycle is low in carbs...so you are focusing on protein, fruits, veggies. You drink a lot of green tea and water. Carbs are added back in during cycle 2 and 3.
    So your meals will vary...depending on what cycle you're in. There are lots of different foods to choose from...and recipes for chili, tacos, soups etc. are included.
    A typical day for me is...eggs, fruit and tea for breakfast...sometimes with toast. Cottage cheese, yogurt, fruit or veggies for snacks. Super salad with chicken for lunch. More protein..shrimp, beef or chicken with veggies, brown rice or Shiratake noodles for dinner. Just regular, simple foods. Easy.
    And...we exercise...every day.
    Check out the book at your local Walmart or bookstores.
    Good luck!
  • grabbit97
    Options
    thanksd
    Natalie

The 17 Day Diet is 4 cycles of 17 days each. In each cycle, there is a menu for every day...telling you what to eat at every meal. The first cycle is low in carbs...so you are focusing on protein, fruits, veggies. You drink a lot of green tea and water. Carbs are added back in during cycle 2 and 3.
    So your meals will vary...depending on what cycle you're in. There are lots of different foods to choose from...and recipes for chili, tacos, soups etc. are included.
    A typical day for me is...eggs, fruit and tea for breakfast...sometimes with toast. Cottage cheese, yogurt, fruit or veggies for snacks. Super salad with chicken for lunch. More protein..shrimp, beef or chicken with veggies, brown rice or Shiratake noodles for dinner. Just regular, simple foods. Easy.
    And...we exercise...every day.
    Check out the book at your local Walmart or bookstores.
    Good luck!

I have ordered the book from Amazon... but UNTIL IT COMES< I need guidance, so I got the green tea, and I am suppose to start the day wiht a glass of warm water with lemon?
    THEN, eat the eggs, and fruit, and then drink th etea?
    Natalie
  • bluespring
    Options
    I have ordered the book from Amazon... but UNTIL IT COMES< I need guidance, so I got the green tea, and I am suppose to start the day wiht a glass of warm water with lemon?
    THEN, eat the eggs, and fruit, and then drink th etea?
    Natalie
    [/quote]

Good for you!
    Yes...first thing is warm water with lemon.
    Then have your breakfast whenever...no more than 2 eggs....Have tea with breakfast. You can use the liquid eggs too. I do that on weekends. The menus change...smoothies, yogurt, etc.
    I've loaned my book out.....again.....haha....so I can't remember what menu Day 1 is.
    Have a snack...Then lunch...with tea...Afternoon snack. Then dinner...with tea.
    And drink water all day....at least 8 glasses.
    Dr. Mike gives amounts for protein..as generous. I try to stay with 4 - 6 ounces of chicken or fish. No red meat in cycle one.

You can check out more info here...at The Doctor's TV show...There are many of us there...and lots of advice..
    http://www.thedoctorstv.com/group/The_17_Day_Diet_Club#mb
    Good luck!
  • grabbit97
    Options
    I ordered my book, started the diet today, based upon someone helping me. I had for breakfast, 2 eggs scrambled, and fruit (1 cup) drank the lemon water before this, and drank the green tea with the meal….

Mid moring, I plan on having a fat free yogurt..

For lunch, turkey (ground) browned with some taco seasoning on it and a salad…. with 2 TBS light dressing.. and TEA

I am drinking 8 glasses of water thruout the day, and I know NO fruit after 2 PM.

Well, for dinner we are going out, SO I will

What else do I need to know?
  • Dee78
    Dee78 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm not trying to put down the diet or anything but I tried it and thought I was going to die lol. I was starving constantly and I really don't enjoy meat very much so the unlimited protein made me want to barf..I guess it just depends on the person but I'm glad I didn't stick with it. I think I would've just gained all the weight back after I was done with it anyway. I would much rather just watch my calories and eat what I want to eat. When I was on the diet I found this website and put in my food to see how many calories I was eating. 800!!! No wonder I was starving. Like I said it just depends on the person, but for me unlimited protein is disgusting lol. Good luck!

Yeah. Its definitely not going to work if you don't like the menu ;). I was nervous at first butni find myself not being able to finish some meals. I'm just so stuffed. The first cycle the calories are pretty low. I barely hit 1000. But it does increase in the following cycles.

But yes. Eat healthy and work out and you will be fine :). Good luck.
  • trejon
    Options
    Started Monday and have lost 3.8 pounds and 8 inches. I only made it through Cycle One for a day. My body just could not handle those low restrictions. However Cycle Two is awesome and a challenge that I could meet and stick with for a long time since I am not trying to lose a ton fast. I LOVE THIS DIET plan :love: . How are you guys doing with it?
  • bluespring
    Options
    Started Monday and have lost 3.8 pounds and 8 inches. I only made it through Cycle One for a day. My body just could not handle those low restrictions. However Cycle Two is awesome and a challenge that I could meet and stick with for a long time since I am not trying to lose a ton fast. I LOVE THIS DIET plan :love: . How are you guys doing with it?

Yayyyyy!
    Good job, Trejon!
    I'm so glad it's working for you!
  • grabbit97
    Options
    Day 2 has ended, I made it to day 2... on to day 3 in the morning.. so far not so bad, have no idea what I have lost...
    Will weigh in on Wednesday or thursday to see how I am doing...
    Lovely weather here in Az, 97 today and tomorrow... not sure if I will exercise outside, see what time I get up..
    Natalie