Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a "curvy" woman.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Hmm thats a tough one. I think it depends on the frame. Personally I think I look thinner with bigger boobs bc I dont have a great stomach so it makes it look a bit flatter than it is. On the other hand I know this girl with huge implants and in some outfits it makes her look a lot heaver than she is (a tad smaller with me).
  • donbogi67
    donbogi67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    They made me look fat...now I'm not.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I think it makes you look bigger than you do. I have lost not-quite 40 pounds and mine have shrunk from a DDD to a DD (in some bras, not all) and I really think that the few comments I have gotten about weight loss are from my boobs shrinking. I completely agree to get a good supportive bra. I think it makes more of a difference for us shorties too (I'm just over 5') because I am so short torsoed that all you see between my shoulders and waist is my chest! That is even *more* so when I am not wearing a great bra.
  • michelegbowman
    Options
    I also get a lot of chest stares, which make me uncomfortable. I feel sloppy with breasts I feel are too large.
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    Sweetie - I hate to tell you this, but if you are busty - you just can't wear VS bras. They are "vanity sized" and I've found that their fittings are sub par. Even if you have travel a ways, please go to a speciality bra shop or Nordstroms to get fitted. Bras will be more expensive, but trust me, they are WORTH it!! And get refitted every 6 months just to make sure your size hasn't changed and try every bra you buy on. Bras fit differently, boobs are shaped differently - some will just not work others you'll want two of!

ditto this ^ unless you've got implants that stand up on their own, VS bras won't work. I get fitted at Nordy's and pay a grip for my bras, but .... you do what you gotta do. i hate my big boobs bc of the exact reason you posted this thread. :(
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    I agree with most on here.
    A good fitting bra. i've been a D since at least 8th grade and just last year I went to get fitted and I was a DD. I'm not sure if they have changed with the 16lbs I've lost, and they might a bit because I have about 30 more lbs to go, BUT I'm not expecting them to change. You really do need to go to a specialty store to get fitted.
    I was just talking to a friend about this last night. You can't expect a "chain" store to help you get fitted or even know how and you certainly can't expect to do it yourself. You need to go somewhere that basically specializes in that. A store that only sells bras, not just a clothing store. The people that work in specialty shops were trained to help you find the exact fit and size for you.

However, I LOVE voctorias secret. while they don't go over DD, I have found some great ones there in my size. Where I live that's the only "specialty" bra store around, others I'd have to travel at least 3 hours to get to. BUT, try on each and every bra. Is it snug around? Does your cup runeth over? Is there extra room in the cup? Find a shirt and try it on over your new bra. Do you have double boob? uniboob? Find what fits YOU. Every boob is different and all bras are different, but there is one out there that will fit you right and not make you look bigger just because you have bigger boobs.

i love my big boobs! If I lost them it'd be like loosing a best friend! (or two if we get technical) I find the best fitting bras, and pay for them, no matter the cost it will be worth it! Then I get shirts that will work with that. I NEVER buy an article of clothing without trying it on first!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    Sweetie - I hate to tell you this, but if you are busty - you just can't wear VS bras. They are "vanity sized" and I've found that their fittings are sub par. Even if you have travel a ways, please go to a speciality bra shop or Nordstroms to get fitted. Bras will be more expensive, but trust me, they are WORTH it!! And get refitted every 6 months just to make sure your size hasn't changed and try every bra you buy on. Bras fit differently, boobs are shaped differently - some will just not work others you'll want two of!

ditto this ^ unless you've got implants that stand up on their own, VS bras won't work. I get fitted at Nordy's and pay a grip for my bras, but .... you do what you gotta do. i hate my big boobs bc of the exact reason you posted this thread. :(

I disagree to a point! You can get bras a VS, but no not if you are above a DD. I have TONS of bras from VS for my DDs and they are amazing! I'm not saying it's for everyone, but they do work....well maybe it works for those that like their big boobs. lol. I dont know. But they do have full coverage ones that I like!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    She said that breasts (on women that have large breasts) will be the last part of the body to "shrink" and feel the effects of the weight loss. She told me that once I got to the highest weight with a healthy bmi, my breast size would start to shrink then. The best part is that she knew because she had been trying to lose weight and had just gotten down to a DD.
    I totally understand how it feels. I have gotten to the point where that's the part of my body that I hate the most. That's 90% of the reason I want to lose weight. Good Luck!

TOTALLY agree with the doctor here. I've lost and maintained a 60+ pound weight loss for almost five years, and the "girls" were the last to go. I was wearing a size 8 pant, and still in an XL shirt. Don't know if they are much smaller or if they have just fallen by the wayside due to gravity and age. :laugh:

Kaye
  • natie73
    natie73 Posts: 10
    Options
    My breast are really big, too! I hate them! LOL!! They seem to have gotten bigger since I've gained so much weight but they have always been big even when I was skinny. I would like a breast reduction. I'm done with breastfeeding so I don't need to worry about that but yes I think they do make you look fat. I agree with finding the right bra and clothes. I've learned with big breast that clothes that make your waist look smaller and v-line shirts or dresses help.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I can't really speak about big boobs... but thought I would just mention that, cause i have small boobs, that makes me feel like the rest of me has to be just as small. it's a challenge. Anyway, embrace you.. and continue being fit.
  • JJtexasgirl
    JJtexasgirl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree that you have to have a well fitting bra. If you are above a narrow C, then VS is not the store for you! Consider too that their sales associates 1. are given a training that lasts about an hour and 2. are encouraged to sell you what they have in stock, even if its not your size. If you insist on wearing their bras, then you should be fit by a professional (at a specialty store) then order your VS bras online.

I know that as a girl with a big bust, I wish I could wear the pretty and delicate bras. However, when I can find them in my size (38DDD),they look terrible under my clothes,so, those are only to be worn in private. The ones I wear under my clothes lift, smooth and separate, which make my clothes fit all that much better. They may not be sexy on their own, but they make me look better in my clothes.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options

I disagree to a point! You can get bras a VS, but no not if you are above a DD. I have TONS of bras from VS for my DDs and they are amazing! I'm not saying it's for everyone, but they do work....well maybe it works for those that like their big boobs. lol. I dont know. But they do have full coverage ones that I like!

Actually a DD at VS is like a C in other bras. So, really, you can't be over a C cup. They vanity size.
  • rcgrissom
    rcgrissom Posts: 17
    Options
    Well, I don't know. My mother is a petite woman, 5'4" and has always been a true D, naturally, and she didn't/doesn't look overweight. Doesn't seem to make Dolly Parton, Lindsay Lohan, Pamela Anderson, Jodie Marsh, Ulrika Josson or others seem over weight?
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have big boobs too that never go down - at my skinniest (a size 6) I still had 32 DDD bra size. I'm currently a 34 DDD.

I worry about big boobs making me look fat too - but I also realize I have a really small "around" i.e. my actual rib cage chest and waist are incredibly tiny. So I dress to accentuate those. NEVER do I wear loose fitting tops - now I don't wear skin tight either, but everything I wear comes in at the waist or is belted. All my dresses are pretty much A-Line type of style - comes in at the waist with a slight flair in the skirt. I think (and from pictures I've seen, I'm right) that as long as I accentuate my waist, I don't look fat just because I have big boobs --- now when I wear sweatshirts and yoga pants - yep, the boobs make me look fat so I just can't do that. Even with casual wear, I have to find the fitted zip up hoodies.

So, I guess what I'm saying, is that it makes life harder, but you absolutely can dress so that big boobs do not equal looking fat!!

I have never been so lucky as to have "big boobs" but she is right, I think it would be better to wear something that accenuates your small waist.....big loose tops--NO WAY, makes it look like you may have a big belly under there too.....:noway:
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    It definitely depends on the shirt that you wear! Im 32 DD naturally, and only 5'3 and 128 pounds....and depending on the top I can definitely look about 20 pounds heavier than I am. If I wear something that accentuates my waist it definitely helps:)
  • wildbio
    wildbio Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32 DD as well (at 5'2) with a small waist and ribcage and can say it definitely depends on what you're wearing and how you're wearing it. I try to minimize my ta-tas as much as possible but when I see pictures of myself in outfits I think do that, I look heavier. When I wear outfits that I think look a little too busty, the pictures actually turn out better than I anticipated. I also agree about VS. I have tried and tried to cram my girls into their bras and it just ain't happenin'. I got fitted at Nordstrom and can actually breathe again! Hahaha!
  • p_cakes
    Options

Actually a DD at VS is like a C in other bras. So, really, you can't be over a C cup. They vanity size.

Ive been fitted other palces too. I'm Def. A DD. lol.
  • eatingmysandshoe
    Options
    I don't know how much money you have, but this is a great UK company and they ship to the US too. Even if you would rather be fitted for bras in person, take a look at their clothes, which are fitted for different breast sizes so there's no more of that problem of fitting a shirt over your boobs which then leaves too much fabric at the waist - so you look much bigger!

http://www.bravissimo.com/pepperberry/
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    You can't expect a "chain" store to help you get fitted or even know how and you certainly can't expect to do it yourself. You need to go somewhere that basically specializes in that. A store that only sells bras, not just a clothing store. The people that work in specialty shops were trained to help you find the exact fit and size for you.

I agree with this except... Nordstrom's is a chain. Their lingerie saleswomen (and they're always women) are specially trained in bra fitting before being assigned to that department.