Do big boobs make you look fat?

Options

Replies

• cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I think all the weight I have lost is in my chest! I was a 40 DD now I am a 36 D. Although big boobs can make you look bigger I like to think the farther my chest sticks out the less likely my shirt is to be tight around my fat stomach!
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on clothes imo. I didn't look fat when I wore fairly tight fitting clothes and a decent bra at my ideal weight but if I slobbed out in baggy tshirts I looked enormous! Mine didn't shrink with weight loss last time and I doubt they'll shrink much this time either. I don't think I'd really want them to to be honest, I like being curvy, I just need to get rid of the curves that are in the wrong place now.
  • jteammom
    jteammom Posts: 173
    Options
    My turn to weigh in (no pun intended) on the issue. I think by today's media standards, yes, big boobs make you look fat. We have become so accustomed to anorexic models and photo-shopped celebrities that we have forgotten what real people look like. I think the best exercise is to step away from the mirror and look at other real women. Most of us actually do have meat on our bones! Did you ever see that show "How to Look Good Naked" with Carson Kressley? He would line up a bunch of women (in their underwear - in size order, smallest to largest) then bring in a woman who had self-image issues and tell her to pick the woman whose size was most like her own. Invariably, the woman would pick someone who was actually larger than she, sometimes quite a bit larger. We have such poor opinions of ourselves!

I agree that a good bra that puts the girls where they are supposed to be (and keeps them there) is crucial. Regarding bras at VS: I am also quite buxom - 36F - and have never had good luck there. It may be their bras, it may be that their staff is not trained to deal with boobs like mine. I took a trip to Chicago, had a fitting at an actual bra store, bought a couple of great bras. Now that I know what style and brand works for me, I watch for sales online.
  • RZO42488
    RZO42488 Posts: 64
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a "curvy" woman.

AGREED!!!
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a "curvy" woman.

AGREED!!!

I agree too! There's no way I'd want to be stick thin with the figure of an 8 year old boy...I just want a flat tummy and slimmer legs and to be more toned and healthy!

I think people like Kelly Brooke and Colleen Rooney have perfect figures...if you're from the US you might not have heard of them, but they have awesome figures!!!
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 with an F cup (was a G) and I still look "round", or curvy, I suppose.

But, just this morning I saw myself on video (filmed last week) and for the first time I really saw for myself that I wasn't "all breast" anymore, I looked slim (yay) and in proportion, the breasts weren't the most obvious thing. I guess I'll never be stick thin, my shape will always be curvy, but after seeing myself on film I did realise there's a definite difference between curvy and big/fat.

And, as mentioned before, a good bra makes all the difference. Most people would not guess I'm the cup size that I am.
  • scubacat
    scubacat Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am a DD cup and have been this way since childhood. Even when I weighed 120-125 lbs, I still had a DD chest. As the others have said, a good bra will make all the difference. I usually get my from Soma.

Clothing presents its own challenges as well, but I find that a fitted, V neck works well. Wrap style tops and dresses work great because they have that extra bit of "give" that you need. If its too revealing, I wear a lace camisole underneath. I recently purchased a dress in a size 8 and probably was only able to because the cut/design worked well with my chest and still accented my torso. Other dresses in a different cut were a size 12 just to fit the chest and too large everywhere else which made me look bigger.

I once purchased a size 16 dress only because I was able to zip it up past the boobs but was too large everywhere else, it made me look a lot larger than what I was. I just didnt know what to do at the time and felt desperate but I looked and felt miserable. As I heard Stacy and Clinton once say, Its not that there is something wrong with your body, its that a certain type of clothing is wrong for your body"

I understand how frustrating it can be. For more than a decade, I have held back tears in a dressing room each time because I couldnt find something that fit my chest. I avoided even trying to look decent because I figured it was pointless. Now that I understand what to look for in clothing and a bra, I'm able to be a little more at peace with my chest.
  • StefBeeney
    Options

I was refitted at VS after my 50lb weight loss. My body fat is at 19% now so I dont think it'll even go down much more when I lose my extra 10/15lbs. Yeah I've been a DD since 6th grade. :cry:

You might consider going somewhere other than VS for the fitting... they told a friend of mine she was a DD and when she went to a place that specializes in fittings she found out she is actually a JJ... VS doesn't sell anything that big, so they would never say that someone is that big... :smile:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Pre pregnancy, my tailor was my best friend. Okay... not really, but that gal at the corner dry cleaner rocked my self confidence for $3.00 per shirt/slacks, $5.00 per dress.

edit to add - Dry cleaner offered tailoring services.
  • lilchubbybunny
    Options
    Ok, so Im 6"2, 211lb. and DD (lots of info sorry lol) YES!!! they make a girl look bigger. It sucks but we can't help it. I CAN"T loose weight in my chest and i hate it. I work my butt of but its not working! I hate to say it but its likely you wont lose breast size unless you 1. starve yourself to near death (NEVER a good option) or 2. breast reduction surgery (also not the best idea) My advice is, enjoy it. There arn't many skinny women out there with naturally big breats. Stand tall and show em off girl! Be proud of what your momma gave ya! ^.^ hahaha
  • DeterminedMomNeb
    Options
    I have been a busty girl ever since I was about 13 and when I started having kids they went up with every one. Finally stoping at DDD but I have lost 30 LBS in the last year or so and ask my doc the same question. She said it is diffrent for every women and maybe a better supporter bra will help. So I paid for the better bras to pick the girls up alittle more and now I am getting complaments on the weight lost. Just saying.
    Great job by the way with all your weight lost.
  • j_fattler
    j_fattler Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Sweetie - I hate to tell you this, but if you are busty - you just can't wear VS bras. They are "vanity sized" and I've found that their fittings are sub par. Even if you have travel a ways, please go to a speciality bra shop or Nordstroms to get fitted. Bras will be more expensive, but trust me, they are WORTH it!! And get refitted every 6 months just to make sure your size hasn't changed and try every bra you buy on. Bras fit differently, boobs are shaped differently - some will just not work others you'll want two of!

I totally agree!! I went to VS and they fitted me as a 36 C; I laughed in that girl's face. I haven't been a "C" cup since the 8th grade. I bought a 36 DD, and Really, I should be a 34 DDD; nothing fits right & VS is sub par! Love the idea about a speciality bra shop. Gonna have to google them near me!!
  • DaveNix
    DaveNix Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This thread is full of #winning.
  • JoAnnLeahMurphy
    Options
    it depends on whether or not they are resting on my belly roll or in a bra:laugh:

Cute...that made laugh out loud...I am only a size c, but I think that is too big. I would love to be an A or B. Never could understand why girls wanted bigger breasts! LOL
  • JoAnnLeahMurphy
    Options
    This thread is full of #winning.

Ha Ha
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    Sweetie - I hate to tell you this, but if you are busty - you just can't wear VS bras. They are "vanity sized" and I've found that their fittings are sub par. Even if you have travel a ways, please go to a speciality bra shop or Nordstroms to get fitted. Bras will be more expensive, but trust me, they are WORTH it!! And get refitted every 6 months just to make sure your size hasn't changed and try every bra you buy on. Bras fit differently, boobs are shaped differently - some will just not work others you'll want two of!

ditto this ^ unless you've got implants that stand up on their own, VS bras won't work. I get fitted at Nordy's and pay a grip for my bras, but .... you do what you gotta do. i hate my big boobs bc of the exact reason you posted this thread. :(

I disagree to a point! You can get bras a VS, but no not if you are above a DD. I have TONS of bras from VS for my DDs and they are amazing! I'm not saying it's for everyone, but they do work....well maybe it works for those that like their big boobs. lol. I dont know. But they do have full coverage ones that I like!

Actually a DD at VS is like a C in other bras. So, really, you can't be over a C cup. They vanity size.
    Not true... might be in some models, but not in general.
  • Azuleelan
    Azuleelan Posts: 218
    Options
    Just fyi for those bashing Vs, they *DO* crappy fittings but all bras (theirs or otherwise) go like this example: A 32 C will have the same cup as a 34 B (but a longer band), a 32 D has the same cup as a 34 C, etc. Somebody around here laughed about a VS lady saying she needed a C cup, but her cups could actually be a C *IF* she had a longer band... Again, crappy meauring from VS, but to compensate for their lack of sizes, at some point they focus on the CUP without taking into account the band (huge no-no, btw).
  • blushes993
    Options
    i recently joined this website..does it really work?
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm not going through all the pages but I will offer my 2 cents.

I think big boobs just look like big boobs. The rest of your body determines if you appear fat. Judging from your profile pic because it's the only one I can see, I wouldn't say that your boobs make you look fat.
  • RandomPikacux3
    Options
    I'm very young (rather not say for my own protection). And I have very large breast.
    I'm short, and thin. But, when I wear tight clothes, my breast make
    me look kind of gross to me. Because, at my age I really should not
    have them. But when I go for looser clothes, my breast make my shirt stick out
    and they make me look very fat. :mad: So, in other words, I hate my breast. And I rather
    be flat chested. I try minimizers, but they never work, they just make my body
    look square. :noway: I've also tried tight sports bras, but they never get them small enough. :sad:
    Can anyone think of anything else that would help?
    Thanks, Pika. :wink: