saved.
  • luvmylabz
    luvmylabz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Saved :)
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Bump. Great post. Don't want to lose it again!
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    want to try!!
  • SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5..feeling good. I think it's interesting that you eat the same amount of calories weekly but just divide it up differently. I will post my results once I've hit a full week.
  • SouLThinking
    Options
    Week one zig zag done and I'm going for another week. I lost 1.5 lbs ..I usually lose about 1 lb every 10 days. So it's definitely doing something. Post again in 7 days. Have a blessed week.

Nichole
  • rlw77
    rlw77 Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm starting this tomorrow. I will post my results at next Monday's weigh in.
  • SouLThinking
    Options
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

This is the site that gave me my zig zag calories.

I'm upping my exercise too which I've never been one for that ...it's time after 95 lbs lost..better late than never!
  • rlw77
    rlw77 Posts: 61
    Options
    Thanks for the site. You have done an amazing job! Keep up the great work!
  • amys31
    amys31 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

This is the site that gave me my zig zag calories.

I'm upping my exercise too which I've never been one for that ...it's time after 95 lbs lost..better late than never!

Dang...I'm super confused...

I used the website and it's giving me a huge calorie allowance...like way more than I eat now...maybe that's why I can't shake the weight?

Maintenance Fat Loss Extreme Fat Loss
    Monday 2972 2944 2944
    Tuesday 2944 2944 2944
    Wednesday 3566 3533 3533
    Thursday 2972 2944 2944
    Friday 2944 2944 2944
    Saturday 3269 3239 3239
    Sunday 2972 2944 2944
    *Calorie cycling provides same amount of calories per week, but 'tricks' your body by constantly changing daily calories. This helps to prevent or break plateaus. Guideline only.

I only eat 2090 calories a day now based on what MFP gave me :/
  • SouLThinking
    Options
    it does seem confusing but basically your fat loss calorie's average at the end of the week as the same as if you eat the same amount everyday. I know that you can do the extreme fat loss if you have more than about 50 lbs to lose. I am trying for the regular fat loss and hoping I can trick these last 8 lbs off of me. LOL.

good luck.

If you add me and message me your information I'd like to plug it into the calculator and see what you see.

God bless
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I love this idea of zig-zagging and have been doing it for the last month or so. It's great as I can plan little splurges and it's not cheating as I stay within my weekly calorie limits. However, I am not using the calculator. I simply eat less on days I'm not as hungry and put those calories in the "bank". Then I look at my calendar for the week and figure out when I'm going to spend the calories I've banked. Last week I was putting on a family birthday celebration for three family members and I ate a relatively high calorie meal and two small pieces of cake (different types of cake). On another day that same week, we were going to dinner and a play with friends and I had a nice dinner and a mixed drink. Even though both those days were fairly high calorie, I was still within my calorie limit for the week and still experienced a loss on the scale. I did not gorge nor stuff myself but just ate until I felt pleasantly full.

I much prefer doing it this way instead of following some kind of formula because if I have a day where I'm just not hungry (this often happens on days I do more intense exercising), it's not a big deal if I don't eat all my exercise calories as I know that I'll find a way to eat them later in the week at a time and place where food is part of the festivities. To me this is far easier than having to eat to a certain formula. I believe in following the KISS principle whenever possible.

The MFP phone app really helps with this as it gives you the number of calories you are under/over for the week. I wish the website did that. Anyway, this makes it easy to know where I'm at and how much I can indulge without going over.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Bump (thanks for the info, been wanting to try and realized I was imagining it all wrong)

Peeps--before you post the question, please re-read the entire thread. There are some questions that have been asked about 10 times (probably the reason the poster quit responding, I would imagine that it would be very frustrating)

Also, if you are scared to try it because it sounds like too many calories, ask yourself if taking a chance and eating more food with the possiblity of losing more weight overall is worth the risk of 2 weeks of slow/stalled/dead weight loss? To me, yes! Do it now! I have been on a plateau for almost 3 months and just now stepping up to take the chance that it works. If I would've done this 3 months ago, I may have lossed an additional 9-15 pounds by now.

People are scared of change...so face your fear and try something new if what you are doing doesn't work.

Good luck!
  • SouLThinking
    Options
    day 1 of week 2 and I'm telling you I feel better ..it's like my body isn't bored LOL

I won't log it but I was down even a few more ounces this morning. It may be ounces but they add up to lbs..so if I lose ounces daily I'm gonna lose a pound before I know it LOL.

my mini goal is 5 lbs by 11/3 my 38th birthday I'd be 138 lbs and I would have lost 100 lbs. Wouldn't that be fantastic?

The think about this is I'm not eating anythign I wouldn't eat before I started zig zagging. I'm just eating more on some days than others. I'm still keeping my carbs moderate and my calories in check. So this is really something good for me.

Please add me anyone who is trying this. I'd love the support ...and it goes both ways.

God Bless
    Nichole
  • SouLThinking
    Options
    Today felt very strange..it was my highest cal day of the week. almost 1700. I got pretty close but am so full. I am not used to eating that much food anymore. I"m almost relieved tomorrow is back down to 1457. But, it's also TOM time so I'm already feeling crabby. I'll post again come Sunday's weigh in.

Have a blessed evening all

Nichole
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Bumpity BUMP!
  • SouLThinking
    Options
    5 wks down and 5 lbs gone. Doesn't sound like a lot but it was taking 10 days to lose a pound before and since I'm so close (just 5 more lbs) to my goal I think I can patiently wait it out. The holiday season usually causes me to gain with all the food gatherings but with this system I can change up my high days to coincide with those gatherings. I am not cooking nearly as much food this year though. I don't want all those left overs in my house. Good luck to those who are still trying it.

Nichole
  • hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • jenncaroon
    Options
    bump! Thanks!