What's your "go to" song you listen to to get you pumped for

Options

Replies

• AGM94
    AGM94 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have all sorts but if i want to really push doing cardio i put on flux by bloc party.

No matter how tired my speed increases to try and match the beat in the background
  • keynesian
    keynesian Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Bon Jovi's 'Bounce' came on my IPod this morning whilst I was on the elliptical trainer and it really got me to speed up!
  • zundelag
    zundelag Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I think anything Lady Gaga will do
  • keegrsmom
    keegrsmom Posts: 27
    Options
    I listen to 'Push It' by Static X. It's harder than I normally like but I love it for working out. I also listen to Disturbed, Rammstein, Mudvayne, and Korn to name a few. Kinda makes me angry but I work out best when I'm mad!!
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My go-to is JayZ Linkn Park remix of 99 problems. I had about that much weight to lose when I fell in love with that song. Actually love anything from that album. Anxiety by BEP is awesome. I realized recently I like to run to angry music. It's funny because it is so opposite of my personality.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    Undefeated by Def Leppard is really awesome! I listened to it today during my race and it was perfect to get me all worked up to run. I downloaded it on iTunes.
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Renegade - Styx
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    currently - Ke$ha, "Blow".
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I have a lot, but one of my favorites is Work it out by lil jon & pitbull
    Also, basically any song that takes about sexy women cuz that makes me feel like they're singing about me hahah
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    ok this is embarassing but... "lollipop (candyman)" by aqua .. yes, the ones that sang barbie girl! the beat is just perfect for running or any cardio! :laugh:
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    bump I want to read later! I need some new music :):glasses:
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I am so "out of it" when it came to music, I found a list of all the great runners playlists and picked and choosed from that (It was on runners.com, I think).

Who knew (at 45), my favorite would end up being a rave band? (Scooter) :laugh:

Forget You - Cee Lo Green
    Telephone - Lady Gaga
    Let's Get it Started - Black Eyed Peas
    The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
    Work - Ciara
    Ramp! The Logical Song - Scooter
    Move it On Over - George Thorogood
    Nessaga - Scooter
    Move Your *kitten* - Scooter
    Fighter - Christina Aguilara
    It's My Life - Bon Jovi
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    ok this is embarassing but... "lollipop (candyman)" by aqua .. yes, the ones that sang barbie girl! the beat is just perfect for running or any cardio!

That song is on my workout playlist too :blushing: S&M - Rihanna, F***in' Perfect - Pink, Motley Crue
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    Options
    Bump...this is exactly, what I've been looking for...should've "searched" before I posted my own.
    :blushing:
  • Boladefuego326
    Boladefuego326 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Beyonce's- Run the World
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am going to be checking out some of these songs. What a great question to ask! I'm always looking for new stuff to keep me motivated.

Nickelback's *Burn It to the Ground* Keeps me going when I'm getting tired
    Pitbull's * I Know You Want ME * Is often what I begin with .. to set a pace and warm up.
    AC/DCs * You Shook Me All Night Long*

Music by Enrique Iglesias [Tonight I'm Loving you] &
    Ricki Martin [I know.. but he's got a good beat!] Livin La Vida Loca, She Bangs
    Taio Cruz is another favorite

Back to checking out the other posts on this topic! :)
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Through Fire and Flames - Dragonforce

Actually pretty much anything from Dragonforce gets me pretty pumped. I always work out way harder when I'm listening to them.

Even if you are not big on metal they are still pretty good. It's more like speed metal and you can actually understand the lyrics.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I know I'm about old enough to be Rihanna's nana, but her songs can really get me going: Breakin' Dishes, Disturbia, Hard, Pon De Replay & S&M come to mind. Bodies by Drowning Pool has been a favorite for years. Tupac All Eyes on Me and Can't C Me. I have just recently discovered David Guetta Memories. Always lovin Guns & Roses - Sweet Child of Mine. I have come late to the Adele party, but absolutely am hooked on Rollin' in the Deep. I heard just a few bars of it on The Voice. When I asked about it at work everyone said it was on constant repeat on the radio. I can replay this an embarassing number of times in a row!
  • sarahbeexoxo
    Options
    Hello by Martin Solveig & Dragonette... it's so upbeat and definitely gets me going!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i usually like heavier music and punk, and they're good for me for weights and interspersed through my runs. Love Bodies too, by drowning pool- that's got a great beat.

but what really keeps me going while i'm running are bands like The Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy. and older Nine Inch Nails (like head like a hole, and anything off downward spiral). and i find Fatboy Slim really good.