JEEPS!

Options
124»

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    WHOA! Lots of responses today!!! :-D Glad to see so much jeep LOVE! :-D
    Enjoying some Seattle snow this last month! ;)
    shot_1326582904304.jpg

shot_1327022020854-1.jpg
    You can probably tell which of the jeeps got more attention... ;)

New front and rear bumper and rhino liner flooring going in SOON!
  • mrlazy1967
    mrlazy1967 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My baby Jeep

j2.jpg
  • burgenah
    Options
    Bought the Jeep used back in 2002.
    By far the most fun vehicle I've owned.
    (still is!)

99 XJ 4.0, AW4 (bullet proof)
    3" OME kit With front discos.
    31" FireStone Destination MTs
    Trimmed fenders for more flex

As it currently sits:

Some wheelin' pics...

Jeep3.jpg

I would kill for one of these!! Or a new XJ!! I wanna be in the jeep club!!:grumble:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    We had a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Loredo for a rental out in New Mexico last November. We put that car through a lot:

6461630827_cc05d037cf.jpg

In that pic, there was so much ice on the wheel wells that it was hard to get the vehicle to turn. It was 5 degrees below zero and snowing at a rate of about 3" per hour. Car did great! We even rescued a guy from a Mercedes AMG that crashed on the side of the road in it.
  • dirtydmvkid
    dirtydmvkid Posts: 184
    Options
    '05 Wrangler I6 manual. 4" suspension lift and 33" KM2s. It's crazy to see those little Jeeps grow up :)
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    had a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee, a 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport and now own a 2009 Wrangler Sahara. sad that the new one is an automatic, but it was available at the right price and the right time (cracked the engine block on the 2001).
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    on page 2 I said I would be getting a new one.....

well, she's here!

784994_9340.jpg

The "Jeep stork" dropped this Liberty in my driveway Wednesday night. Her first week home with the family has been wonderful. She has yet to get dirty though...
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Mine was a beautiful green 2004 Jeep Liberty. I called it Jupiter :) We sold it... but it was my favorite vehicle ever. It was like driving a toy :) Fun! I'm 100% sold on Jeeps ever since... I'm making my husband realize that I don't want to ever drive anything else. Haha. I want a Wrangler next.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Nice would cost a small fortune to run here between tax and insurance just not worh it probably about 40,000 to buy in the first place hense only farmers and property developers own them
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted Jeep, but my hubby tells me No, because they are gas guzzlers, but he also knows I would take it off-roading too. :happy:
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    Miss my Jeep. 5.25 ltr Grand Cherokee. Gone but not forgotten.

2ij437p.jpg
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Nice would cost a small fortune to run here between tax and insurance just not worh it probably about 40,000 to buy in the first place hense only farmers and property developers own them
    That's nonsense!!! You can get a used jeep for MUCH less than that... besides that is what you want.... the I6 not the minivan engine they use NOW! ;)

We have the 2000 wrangler and 2000 cherokee.... both I6's and run beautifully!!

Sure they aren't gas efficient but they are extremely multipurpose and VERY reliable. I plan to get myself a newer Subaru Outback though and the husband will keep the Wrangler of course.
    We have been very pleased with them both! :-D
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    '64 Wagoneer, '72 Cherokee Chief., '87 Cherokee, '97 Grand Cherokee
    Nice collection! I love the old big guys!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    :bigsmile: JEEPS!! What's not to love! I'm on my 3rd, a Commander, apparently they don't make them anymore. My Big White Box, I call it. Have it decorated (much to my husbands regret) with stick on lettering quotes.hey, never a boring ride for me.

Love that if I "accidently" roll over the curb while squeezing past a car at a stop light, to turn, I just think, Hey, it's a JEEP! Plus, if it gets mud all over it, and I don't feel like taking my Jeep for a wash..hey, it's a JEEP!!
    There is probably a reason they don't make them anymore. ;)
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I recently sold my '06 Wrangler unlimited.
    I miss that jeep...
    I now have a mazda 3. Great gas mileage, but there's just something about a Wrangler. When I no longer have to put the kid through college, I will be getting another one.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    2006 Grand Cherokee. Love It. Somewhere in the Appalachians.

196853_4611802916_2153_n.jpg
  • 84jeepster
    84jeepster Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    1984 CJ7 Love it!
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't love a JEEP if u are an avid off roader? Jeeps will go where no ordinary vehicle will go!! But they aren't cheap hence the phrase Just Empty Every Pocket!!! Plus wranglers and CJ's are very purpose built vehicles. They don't do well with lots of tools extra parts of multiple buddies. But they will climb incredibly difficult rock walls. Snake through very tight trails. And limp back to the trailer in 4 hi with just a front axle pulling you.......
  • MoganHorse
    MoganHorse Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've got a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport................I <3 that car!