Sharon's Getting Ready for Swimsuit Season challenge

Options

Replies

• telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Friends! Today I did Fire 55EZ and my HRM showed I burned 517 calories. The new Lifetime Fitness opened here in Summerlin so Glenn and I went last night to the preview open house and OMG it's freakin HUGE!!! They have 3 indoor and 2 outdoor pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, squash courts, group class rooms, spinning rooms, one entire floor is devoted to exercise machines, weights, and everything else under the sun that relates to exercise. There's a restaurant, beauty salon, spa, and on and on. I am so excited to attend my first spinning class on Saturday just to shake things up in my workout routine.

Anyway, great job Anita. Switching things up from time to time is a beneficial practice. You certainly don't want your body to become stagnant because it's used to doing the same thing over and over again.

Felicia - I love that story about your daughter! If Shaun T signes autographs during Summit I will definitely get you one because you deserve some love for making it through the Insanity program!!! Did you take your before pictures? If so, consider submitting your before and after pictures so you get your Insanity tee shirt for FREE because you completed the full program.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday!
    Sharon
  • Pheef52
    Pheef52 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Today was my last Max Recovery!!! :bigsmile: Thank you God. Shaun T in spandex is not the business and like Ed said the overwhelming amount of plank moves is just not my favorite thing. !0 days to go. I'm so excited. If there was ever a time to Dig Even Deeper now who be it for me.

Have a good night all.
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Was supposed to doTF HIIT 20 & Upper 20 today but wanted a bigger burn since I'll be on the go & will probably be eating on the fly. Wanted to give myself a little more wiggle room. Even the healthy choices out there are a little high. Anyway, I did TF Fire 60 which is on schedule for tomorrow. So I'm just flip flopping them. Tomorrow will do HIIT & Upper since I have to do my C25K as well, so I'll burn a few more calories later in the day.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Anita
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Completed Turbo Fire Sculpt 30, HIIT 20 And HIIT 15, burned 502 cals , tomorrow is 45 EZ Abs 10, hope all u guys have a beautiful saturday :flowerforyou:
  • dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Finally a LOSS!!!! After 2 months, finally lost. 1/2 pound down, not much, but at this point I'll take it. 4 pounds to go.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    A loss is a loss, great job :flowerforyou:
  • Pheef52
    Options
    Had Max Interval Circuit again today (extra late post this should have been Friday) and all I can say as I get ready to finish out Month 2 week 3 is Burned 892 calories and I didn't think I was gonna make it through the workout and definitely didn't feel like doing it. LOL
  • dyiaane
    Options
    Thanks! 4 more lbs to go by June 29th (Hawaii time). Hopefully I can make it and then maintain for the summer. Probably going to do some P90X today and maybe some cardio. I have been working out 6 days a week. It is very time consuming but I need to meet this goal by June 29th. So I am on it hard core. Enjoy the weekend.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Fire 45 EZ completed and Abs 10 , burned 495 cals, hope u guys are having a sunny afternoon :flowerforyou:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I know I have been MIA for a while. I started C25K today w1d1, and it felt amazing. I didn't realize how much I would like running until I started this program which I am doing with a friend. 60 sec seems like a long time when you are jogging it, and you aren't used to jogging/running. I don't have a HRM, so I have to go by the logging in the system (burned 263 cal) - I believe I burned more. I need to get a HRM. I did 2 miles. I will be doing it again Tuesday, and on days when I am not doing C25K, I will do either my 20 min workout, Ab Jam, or Turbo sculpt. I just increased my calories because I was starving all the time (I feared I was going into starvation mode). I lowered what I wanted to lose from 1 lb a week to 0.5 lbs; we will see what the scale shows Friday. I have hit 40 lbs but seem to be struggling again to lose anything else. I will try this for a week and adjust things as needed. I hope everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Wow now that I've started going to the gym my whole logging routine has been off kilter. I have to get better at remembering to come over here to input my workout. Up today is a Barbell Strength class, which I'm very excited to try.

Sounds like you all are doing well. I'll check in again later to let you know what my HRM said I burned!
    Sharon
  • dyiaane
    Options
    Did 60 minutes on the treadmill today. 4 1/2 miles/500 calories. Ate pretty well.
  • Cookie22684
    Options
    Excellent Job Guys ,Completed Turbo Fire Upper 20 And HIIT 25, burned 378 cals, i was going to do HIIT 20 but no time, i just love the HIITS , hope everyone is having a fantastic evening
  • bebemc
    bebemc Posts: 38
    Options
    Ran a 5K on Saturday, did another run on Sunday and my last boot camp today. I feel somewhat like the tin man. My joints need some oil!! I really need to look in to some kind of stretching workout for tightness and hopefully to make me more limber!. One of my daughters and I are doing a 5K at the beach this Saturday so I need to get it in gear!!
  • Pheef52
    Options
    Ugggghhh. This is my last week of Insanity and by far the hardest one!!!! It's totally all in my head I know but knowing that the end is so close makes my head tell me body that it's tired!!!! So I just try to block it out. It worked tonight with Max Interval Plyo however I did want to throw things at my tv. Only a few more days to go.
  • sas16
    Options
    No workout for me today. Was feeling pretty tired so decided to just take a day off. It was supposed to be TF 55EZ & CLX Ab Burner. Tomorrow is TF HIIT 25 & Sculpt 30. Plus, I'll do my C25K.

Have a great day everybody!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hi All!

Barbell Strength class was BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea how much harder it would be to lift a barbell than 2 free weights. Class was an hour long and we went through every darn body part you can think of...biceps, triceps, shoulders, back, calves, quads (whole sections devoted to lunges and squats), abs...OMG every muscle was shaking by the time class ended. I have never brought my muscles to that level of fatigue in any workout! In fact, I woke up so sore this morning that I made today a rest day. On the plus side, my HRM said I burned 457 calories so that was a good thing!

Can't wait to do it again next Monday! Tomorrow I'm going to try CRT which is cardio resistance training...should be interesting!

Have a lovely Tuesday!
    Sharon
  • sas16
    Options
    Good morning! Today I did TF Greatest HIITs & Scuplt 30. Burned 327 cals. Today is also a C25K day so I'll be doing my run later this afternoon for an extra calorie burn.

Have a great day!!
    -Anita
  • kikix5
    kikix5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been posting, Just so much was going on, had my son's first communion, then his party the next week, so getting things going. again posting. I have been working out so that's a plus!

I thought I would try the Jillian michaels trouble spots, and I have to say, I was very sore this morning, and had a nice calorie burn too. and I actually had to go to my 5 pound weights s i couldn't do it with the 8s But I was using heavier ones then had to move down :) I did HIIT 20 today, but for some reason, I put HIIT 15 in. just left it lol

On Memorial day, hoping to meet up with some people I went to grade school with graduated there in 1982! Should be fun and would like these last 5 pounds to go go go, so I am really pushing it!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Good Morning Gang! Rainy Wednesday here in Las Vegas but I completed another amazing class at the gym...cardio resistance training (CRT). It's a one hour session combining step, kickboxing, and strength training movements set to awesome music. What a blast! My HRM showed a 524 calorie burn at the end!

Hope you all are having a fantastic day!
    Sharon