6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge, week 2

Options

Replies

• TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Fantastic EVERYONE! You guys are ROCKIN this week!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Here is my results for day two, week two.
    - I did 10 minutes of 3.0 walking to get the mail and according to MFP, I burned 65 calories.
    - I also got in an 18 minute 3.0 walk, and according to MFP, I burned 117 calories.
    - I did a walk from Fitness magazine for 45 minutes going from 3.0, 3.6, and 3.7 and according to my treadmill, burned 318 calories.
    - My strength training lasted 12 minutes. According to MFP, I burned 46 calories.
    - I got in 8 glasses of water.
    Total: 85 minutes. 73 minutes is cardio and 12 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week two progress:
    Total Weekly Minutes: 161
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 124
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 37
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 16 glasses

chickadees total 6 week progress:
    Total Challenge Minutes: 682
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 529
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 153
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 71

Already got the 30 minutes of strength, and it's only day 2.
  • LivingPink08
    Options
    wow everyone is doing so well, makes me want to spend extra time in the gym!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    working out so hard on the elliptical and bike my (REAR) is killing me! Y'all are killing me but hungry and tired today. :) Back on it tomorrow. Already over halfway there :)

Keep up the great work all.
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    In light of the fact that water is part of this PUSH YOURSELF challenge, I wanted to paste something here that Jillian Michaels posted on her FB page! I thought this may be interesting for those of you having a hard time getting water in!

Smart Tip: Hydration improves all bodily functions from digestion to immunity. There's been much debate over the years w/regards to how much water to drink. This varies based on the individual, activity level, the weather etc. So here is a gross but simple tip to get it right. Drink until your pee looks like lemonade. If it looks like lemonade you're doing great. If it looks dark like apple juice you need aqua pronto!
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options

I agree! This group is really motivational which make me want to keep it up so I can maybe motivate someone : )

this is my favorite challenge that I have been apart of !!
  • Jinxed8
    Jinxed8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Can I still join ?
  • TracieJ65
    Options

I agree! This group is really motivational which make me want to keep it up so I can maybe motivate someone : )

this is my favorite challenge that I have been apart of !!

Thank you for this. Makes me feel like the thought that I put into this is really worth it and paying off. I really wanted to motivate people because I know that if I have made this journey anyone can. I also really want EVERYONE to feel like I am, now, and help get them through their own journey to get to that point.

But, only you all can put the work into it and YOU ARE! AWESOME!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Can I still join ?

Of course you may join! We are at day 3 of week 2 but that is just fine.

Here are the rules/requirements:

3500 calories burned per week per an HRM. (Monday-Sunday) If you do not have an HRM then you will want to stick with the minutes. Again, it doesn't matter when, what day, every day, all in one, whatever, but you will burn a minimum of 3500 calories per week.

(My challenge to myself is to go above and beyond BOTH of these! Again, that is me challenging myself but I just want you all to know what my plan is.)

90 minutes or 1000 calories, minimum, of your week will be strickly cardio. It does not matter what you do as cardio, but it has to be cardio. When you do a check in, whether it's daily or weekly, list what it is that you did as your cardio and the minutes/calories burned.

30 minutes or 500 calories, minimum, of your week will be strickly strength training. Again, it doesn't matter what it is that you do as strength training but it has to be strength training. Again, when you do your check in list what it is that you did. You can take a broom/mop and do arm curls with it, lift it above your head and do bicep curls. You can do sit ups or push ups. Squats or lunges! Whatever as long as it is strength training.

AND here is the BIG one! EVERYONE will drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day! This is major because I know there are a lot of people that really struggle with it, but it is part of our PUSH YOURSELF challenge.

I do not expect any of you to go purchase equipment, or get a gym membership, if you do not have any of this. I spent many, many months, or my journey, finding things in my own home/yard to exercise with. The point here is to exercise, to push ourselves, and to see what we can accomplish in these next six weeks.

So, I will expect to hear from each of you, at least once a week, by every Sunday, at the latest. I will report every day.

And then each Monday morning I will make a new thread with the title of that week in it.

Welcome to our challenge!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    :happy:
    Holy Cow you all went into week 2 strong! Wow to all of you, just wow, great job! Sorry to just be getting on and getting things posted but I have been without internet for the last 7ish hours! Felt like life was over that I could NOT get on here and post my exercise or food. Phew, almost had a nervous break down over it, LOL, but we got it all back up and working and I am here getting it all documented.

Here are my Monday results: I have to say it was a beautiful day in Minot, ND for the first time in a LONG, LONG time and I really didn't want to be inside, so I did a lot today.

60 minute brisk walk with my dogs burned, per my HRM, 628 calories
    32 minutes bike ride burned, per my HRM, 645 calories
    12 minutes circuit machines strength training burned, per my HRM, 132 calories
    45 minute kettlebell class burned, per my HRM, 755 calories

17 glasses of water in today

Looks like you are really pushing yourselves again this week. Great job so far, everyone!

Here is my totals for today, day 2

60 minutes walk/run intervals burned, per my HRM, 760 calories
    30 minute bike ride burned, per my HRM, 513 calories
    30 minutes on the Elliptical burned, per my HRM, 615 calories
    11 minutes of circuit strength training burned, per my HRM, 138 calories

So I have done 257 minutes of cardio and 23 minutes of strength training for the week, so far

Today I have 18 glasses of water in and am sure a couple more before bed

Here is my day three results:

35 minutes of walking burned, per my HRM, 336 calories
    45 minutes of circuit training with a trainer burned, per my HRM, 738 calories (this was half cardio and half strength)

So, I have done 280 minutes of cardio, 45 minutes of strength, and 35 minutes of other

So far I have 9 glasses of water in but it is only 12:30pm so I will get another 9, or so, in

HOW WE ALL DOIN????????? :happy: :tongue:
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Not doing so great on water today. I've only just about got 2 in. I'm sure I'll drink more though, esecially during my workout. I did get in an hour of cleaning today. Bonus! I'm cleaning tomorrow too. Hopefully doing some kitchen work once summer hits. Excited about that.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you again, Tracie! This is such an awesome challenge. (I'll probably remind you of that every week lol). But really, I'm seeing great results with this. I stepped on the scale today, even though it's not a weigh in day until Saturday, but it said 144. Whoot! We'll see if I can stay about that until Saturday.

Also something that is a major accomplishment for me is sticking to my workouts. Back in March, when I got my magazines that I use for workouts, I planned out my whole next month (this one April) which I always do. But have I even gone this long without quitting the strength workouts? Nope. It's been thirteen days, once I finish today's workout, and I'm still going strong.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    really didnt feel like exercising today, but i got up and did 43 mins of cardio party. feel alot better now. one more night at work then im free for 4 days. got a busy 4 days planned.

water intake a little slow today, drank 5 bottles yesterday. 120 fl oz.

total mins 184
  • BRFMcKay
    BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I feel bad. I was just too tired today, mostly mentally, to push myself. My apartment is a mess, I just got back yesterday from Sunday & Monday at my parents, and I went straight to the gym and straight to work after that.
    I just looked at the piles of clothes (clean and dirty), the dishes in the sink & the fact I didn't have food to eat for lunch or dinner (I'm vegan so I need to cook for myself), and all I could think of needing to clean & tidy up. So, that is what I did.

I did that for at least 30 minutes & burned 88 calories, but I still feel like a loser.

Well, waking up at 8 a.m. tomorrow to farm for 4 hours. That will be worth the break today.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I feel bad. I was just too tired today, mostly mentally, to push myself. My apartment is a mess, I just got back yesterday from Sunday & Monday at my parents, and I went straight to the gym and straight to work after that.
    I just looked at the piles of clothes (clean and dirty), the dishes in the sink & the fact I didn't have food to eat for lunch or dinner (I'm vegan so I need to cook for myself), and all I could think of needing to clean & tidy up. So, that is what I did.

I did that for at least 30 minutes & burned 88 calories, but I still feel like a loser.

Well, waking up at 8 a.m. tomorrow to farm for 4 hours. That will be worth the break today.

Good for you! I also cleaned today. It all adds up. :)
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Not doing so great on water today. I've only just about got 2 in. I'm sure I'll drink more though, esecially during my workout. I did get in an hour of cleaning today. Bonus! I'm cleaning tomorrow too. Hopefully doing some kitchen work once summer hits. Excited about that.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you again, Tracie! This is such an awesome challenge. (I'll probably remind you of that every week lol). But really, I'm seeing great results with this. I stepped on the scale today, even though it's not a weigh in day until Saturday, but it said 144. Whoot! We'll see if I can stay about that until Saturday.

Also something that is a major accomplishment for me is sticking to my workouts. Back in March, when I got my magazines that I use for workouts, I planned out my whole next month (this one April) which I always do. But have I even gone this long without quitting the strength workouts? Nope. It's been thirteen days, once I finish today's workout, and I'm still going strong.

AWESOME! It only gets better and better and better with the better endurance.
  • TracieJ65
    Options

Don't feel like a loser, that is silly! You have 90 minutes of cardio to do and 30 minutes of strength to do after that the other 230 minutes is whatever you want to do. More cardio, more strength, or house cleaning, whatever. The point is exercise, moving and staying active. So, you did 30 minutes of something other and you were moving. So, in my book you did just fine!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Took advantage of the nice weather today and got outside for part of my day:

60 minutes of walking
    55 minutes of cycling
    45 minutes on the elliptical

got in 9 glasses of water.

Hope everyone had a great day!
    Jenn
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Only 60 minutes in today. 10 8oz glasses.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Here is my results for day three, week two.
    - I cleaned for an hour today and according to MFP, I burned 164 calories.
    - I did a walk from Fitness magazine for 30 minutes going from 3.0 and according to my treadmill, burned 201 calories.
    - My strength training lasted 12 minutes. According to MFP, I burned 46 calories.
    - I got in 8 glasses of water.
    Total: 102 minutes. 30 minutes is cardio and 72 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week two progress:
    Total Weekly Minutes: 263
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 154
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 109
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 24 glasses

chickadees total 6 week progress:
    Total Challenge Minutes: 784
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 559
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 225
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 79

My strength training lasted the same amount of time as yesterday, even though I did different workouts. I find that amusing. :laugh: I'm gonna count the cleaning as strength. That is kind of disappointing, because I only got in 30 minutes of cardio. Boo! Hoping to go to Zumba tomorrow.
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Took advantage of the nice weather today and got outside for part of my day:

60 minutes of walking
    55 minutes of cycling
    45 minutes on the elliptical

got in 9 glasses of water.

Hope everyone had a great day!
    Jenn

Jenn fantastic! I know what you mean about the nice weather! It's hard to sit still when it's nice. You did great today.