6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge, week 2

Options

Replies

• TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Only 60 minutes in today. 10 8oz glasses.

What do you mean "only?" 60 minutes is great and probably a whole more than a lot of other people! So great job!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Look at you CHICKADEE! You are jus racking up the exercise calories! Great job!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Day 10

Cardio: 30 mins
    Elliptical - 30 mins

Strength: 63 mins
    Wii Fit Yoga/Strength - 45 mins
    Resistance Cord Strength - 18 mins

Week 2 Totals: 239mins/Cardio;80mins/Strength = 332 mins

Loving my new HRM! Hating my sore throat! Great job everyone! Keep it up!!
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Well im proud to say i have been getting decent water in this week and i made lemonade. lol but now im struggling with the exercise part i couldnt afford a gym membership this month so it makes everything alot harder ive been walking but even with being in my heart rate zone per hrm i dont feel the burn ,like at the gym but the biggest problem is strength training i dont know what to do without a gym

This weeks totals so far-

water- 25 cups cardio- 233 mins strength- 0 mins other- 45 mins total exercise- 278 mins
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Look at you CHICKADEE! You are jus racking up the exercise calories! Great job!
    Thanks, Tracie! :bigsmile:
  • jeanaustin
    jeanaustin Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm back from my conference for work. Tomorrow I'm back to exercising! I see everyone is doing so great!! Keep it up!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Well im proud to say i have been getting decent water in this week and i made lemonade. lol but now im struggling with the exercise part i couldnt afford a gym membership this month so it makes everything alot harder ive been walking but even with being in my heart rate zone per hrm i dont feel the burn ,like at the gym but the biggest problem is strength training i dont know what to do without a gym

This weeks totals so far-

water- 25 cups cardio- 233 mins strength- 0 mins other- 45 mins total exercise- 278 mins

Fantastic on making lemonade Amber!!

I only became a member a a gym a month and a half ago! Before that I did it all at home! Do you have stairs anywhere close by? You could use stairs to run up and down or you could use one stair and do stair steps! Go up with the right foot, up with the left foot, down with the right foot, down with the left foot, and do it again and again changing your speed every few minutes! Every so often change which foot steps up first. While walking, stop, and do 10 jumping jacks, walk some more! Do this the entire walk and you are adding more cardio.

For strength, take 2 soup cans and do nice even square while curling the soup cans at the same time. Use something heavy to lift above your head, the straight in front of you, then straight down while you squat. You can do these kinds of things while watching TV. Stand with your feet together, do a half squat leaning back on your heels of your feet. Take your right leg and go out to the side with it and back together then do the same with your left. Do several reps of this. Hold onto something heavy and take your
    right leg back into a lunge and then bring it up so you lift your knee in front of you! Do several reps with that leg and do the same
    on the left side!

That is just a few things that I can offer you.
  • humble64
    humble64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This was my workout results for the day. I am a very active person though, always moving and keeping busy. I just don't know how to track all that movement. lol.

Aerobics, high impact Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and core workout cal 410 mins 45
    Mild stretching cal 49 mins15
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Day 10

Cardio: 30 mins
    Elliptical - 30 mins

Strength: 63 mins
    Wii Fit Yoga/Strength - 45 mins
    Resistance Cord Strength - 18 mins

Week 2 Totals: 239mins/Cardio;80mins/Strength = 332 mins

Loving my new HRM! Hating my sore throat! Great job everyone! Keep it up!!

Woo Hoo, look at you! You are working it and making a good week for yourself.
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    This was my workout results for the day. I am a very active person though, always moving and keeping busy. I just don't know how to track all that movement. lol.

Aerobics, high impact Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and core workout cal 410 mins 45
    Mild stretching cal 49 mins15

Great job! You too are making a good week for yourself.
  • LivingPink08
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 :)

I consumed 1527 calories today .....yeeeeah.. not the best, that's 327 over my goal but my work out's make up for it, Lol joking. Will do better tomorrow.

Today's Total: 155 min
    Strength: 115 min
    Cardio: 40 min
    Water: 9 glasses

Total Weekly Minutes: 315
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 180
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 135
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 28 glasses
  • mfultz0429
    mfultz0429 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

I am at 235 minutes mostly cardio and 2261 calories/week according to MFP. Only 22 glasses of water this week. I need to get back on that. 6/day seems to be my easy limit. After that I really have to think about it to get it in.

I need to get my strength in yet this week. I wanted to do it this am at the gym but got a late start and so opted to knock out cardio instead. Sounds like everyone is really doing a great job.

Blessings on your day,
    Michele
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    Got busy last night

Okay so first of all I tried strength training for the first time yesterday and wow! I can't move today... I am in so much pain ( hurts so good ) lol. so I took the day off today to rest, back to cardio tomorrow and then strength training again on saturday!

W2D3
    Strength Train - 30 mintues
    Cardio - 35minutes
    Water - 9 glasses

W2D4
    Rest Day
    Water - 9 glasses

Total
    Cardio/ST - 212 minutes
  • conkelv
    conkelv Posts: 7
    Options
    So far this week:
    172 min
    1744 burn

It's been hard, it's so easy just to skip, but thanks to this challenge, exercising is the first thing I do when i get home for work.
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    :happy:
    Holy Cow you all went into week 2 strong! Wow to all of you, just wow, great job! Sorry to just be getting on and getting things posted but I have been without internet for the last 7ish hours! Felt like life was over that I could NOT get on here and post my exercise or food. Phew, almost had a nervous break down over it, LOL, but we got it all back up and working and I am here getting it all documented.

Here are my Monday results: I have to say it was a beautiful day in Minot, ND for the first time in a LONG, LONG time and I really didn't want to be inside, so I did a lot today.

60 minute brisk walk with my dogs burned, per my HRM, 628 calories
    32 minutes bike ride burned, per my HRM, 645 calories
    12 minutes circuit machines strength training burned, per my HRM, 132 calories
    45 minute kettlebell class burned, per my HRM, 755 calories

17 glasses of water in today

Looks like you are really pushing yourselves again this week. Great job so far, everyone!

Here is my totals for today, day 2

60 minutes walk/run intervals burned, per my HRM, 760 calories
    30 minute bike ride burned, per my HRM, 513 calories
    30 minutes on the Elliptical burned, per my HRM, 615 calories
    11 minutes of circuit strength training burned, per my HRM, 138 calories

So I have done 257 minutes of cardio and 23 minutes of strength training for the week, so far

Today I have 18 glasses of water in and am sure a couple more before bed

Here is my day three results:

35 minutes of walking burned, per my HRM, 336 calories
    45 minutes of circuit training with a trainer burned, per my HRM, 738 calories (this was half cardio and half strength)

So, I have done 280 minutes of cardio, 45 minutes of strength, and 35 minutes of other

So far I have 9 glasses of water in but it is only 12:30pm so I will get another 9, or so, in

HOW WE ALL DOIN????????? :happy: :tongue:

Here is my day 4, week 2 results:

58 minutes of walk/run intervals burned, per my HRM, 722 calories
    30 minutes of Roller Skating burned, per my HRM, 446 calories
    15 minutes of Circuit Strength Training burned, per my HRM, 160 calories
    42 minute Kettlebell class burned, per my HRM, 617 calories

I have 18 glass of water drank today, but will get at least one more as I am parched.

So, I have done 420 minutes of cardio, 60 minutes of strength, and 35 minutes of other

How is everyone else doing with 3 days left in this week 2?
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    So far this week:
    172 min
    1744 burn

It's been hard, it's so easy just to skip, but thanks to this challenge, exercising is the first thing I do when i get home for work.

Doing good. I know you won't skip because you are a part of this challenge. 178 minutes left for this week! Go, Go, Go!!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Kind of took it easy today....I've had 6 knee/ankle surgeries due to sports injuries and some days my knees could provide the sound effects for Rice Krispies and today was one of those days. So I got the time in but backed off on the intensity quite a bit.

30 minutes elliptical
    30 minutes walking
    45 minutes circuit training

8 glasses of water

Thanks for all the words of encouragement, Tracie!

Jenn
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    70 minutes in today. 12 8oz glasses. Started Level 2 of The 30 Day Shred, my knees are hurting sooo bad.( I have bad knees, this didn't help.) Have 315 total minutes in for the week.
  • humble64
    humble64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Today was a really busy day but i gave it my best... lol hopefully tomorrow is a better day..

Exercise: 30 day shred, 30 mins cal 237
    Water 10 glasses
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    70 minutes in today. 12 8oz glasses. Started Level 2 of The 30 Day Shred, my knees are hurting sooo bad.( I have bad knees, this didn't help.) Have 315 total minutes in for the week.

I have really bad knees too and we do a lot of squats & lunges in kettle bell class. I got these knee brace things at walmart. They are about an inch thick and they have a really thick portions in the middle of them. You wrap it around your knee and put the thick portion around the area that hurts. I find they really help lesson the pain. If I forge them, as I did tonight, I am usually in real pain.

Good job though! You got something done and you are only 35 minutes away from your minutes goal.