6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge, week 2

Options

Replies

• TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Kind of took it easy today....I've had 6 knee/ankle surgeries due to sports injuries and some days my knees could provide the sound effects for Rice Krispies and today was one of those days. So I got the time in but backed off on the intensity quite a bit.

30 minutes elliptical
    30 minutes walking
    45 minutes circuit training

Jenn

Well Jenn for taking it easy 105 minutes is not too darn bad! Good job!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Today was a really busy day but i gave it my best... lol hopefully tomorrow is a better day..

Exercise: 30 day shred, 30 mins cal 237
    Water 10 glasses

Good job finding the time to get something done. Doing good.
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Day 11

Cardio: 65 mins
    Elliptical - 35 mins
    Stationary Bike - 30 mins

Week 2 Totals: 314mins/Cardio;83mins/Strength = 397 mins

Minor adjustments to totals as apparently I couldn't add the other day!!

Long day at work today but I MADE the time to get the minutes in. Happy Thursday!!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Day 11

Cardio: 65 mins
    Elliptical - 35 mins
    Stationary Bike - 30 mins

Week 2 Totals: 314mins/Cardio;83mins/Strength = 397

Look at you! Fantastic week so far!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

Progress thus far ...

Monday: 25 minutes elliptical + 10 minutes strength training = 30 minutes
    Tuesday: 30 minutes Yoga X
    Wednesday: REST
    Thursday: 52 minutes 4 mile run

Im not going to get my strength training minutes in this week because its recovery week for P90X and its race week. But I will meet the 3500 calories I think :)
  • BRFMcKay
    BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well, farming today wasn't as intense on my body as last week, but I definitely sweated it in the green house. =)

60 minutes as a farm hand = 155 minutes. Oy, I am so behind!

Not counting calories this week, but I burned "600 calories" today. I really need my HRM fixed, pronto!
  • LivingPink08
    Options
    Week 2 Day 4

I wasn't feeling all that great, still sore from yesterdays work out so I just went to the gym and jumped on the elliptical.. quick workout.

Today's Total: 30 min
    Strength: 0 min
    Cardio: 30 min
    Water: 8 glasses
    My Week #2 Progress
    Total Weekly Minutes: 345
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 210
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 135
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 35 glasses
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Totals so far for the week
    Cardio- 285 minutes
    Strength- 10 minutes
    Other- 20 minutes
    Total minutes- 315

I have lost 9 pounds since April 1st. Woo Hoo! Thanks for the challenge to push ourselves each day I am adding on to the distance of my walks. When I started on March 22nd I was pushing to walk a mile. Yesterday I did two walks the first one was 4 miles the second one 3 miles.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you see my status, Tracie, but I wasn't able to get on here to log everything last night. I'll update yesterday's results later on today, and then today's also.
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    I don't know if you see my status, Tracie, but I wasn't able to get on here to log everything last night. I'll update yesterday's results later on today, and then today's also.

I did and that is okay. Hope the storms passed with no problems. I woke up to a inch of snow, this morning, when it was finally all gone. Effecting my mood big time!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Totals so far for the week
    Cardio- 285 minutes
    Strength- 10 minutes
    Other- 20 minutes
    Total minutes- 315

I have lost 9 pounds since April 1st. Woo Hoo! Thanks for the challenge to push ourselves each day I am adding on to the distance of my walks. When I started on March 22nd I was pushing to walk a mile. Yesterday I did two walks the first one was 4 miles the second one 3 miles.

Wow, so awesome! 9 pounds in 15 days means you are doing something right! And your endurance is building too. Fantastic.
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Week 2 Day 4

I wasn't feeling all that great, still sore from yesterdays work out so I just went to the gym and jumped on the elliptical.. quick workout.

Today's Total: 30 min
    Strength: 0 min
    Cardio: 30 min
    Water: 8 glasses
    My Week #2 Progress
    Total Weekly Minutes: 345
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 210
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 135
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 35 glasses

But you are right on to make all your goals, so you are doing great!
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    :happy:
    Holy Cow you all went into week 2 strong! Wow to all of you, just wow, great job! Sorry to just be getting on and getting things posted but I have been without internet for the last 7ish hours! Felt like life was over that I could NOT get on here and post my exercise or food. Phew, almost had a nervous break down over it, LOL, but we got it all back up and working and I am here getting it all documented.

Here are my Monday results: I have to say it was a beautiful day in Minot, ND for the first time in a LONG, LONG time and I really didn't want to be inside, so I did a lot today.

60 minute brisk walk with my dogs burned, per my HRM, 628 calories
    32 minutes bike ride burned, per my HRM, 645 calories
    12 minutes circuit machines strength training burned, per my HRM, 132 calories
    45 minute kettlebell class burned, per my HRM, 755 calories

17 glasses of water in today

Looks like you are really pushing yourselves again this week. Great job so far, everyone!

Here is my totals for today, day 2

60 minutes walk/run intervals burned, per my HRM, 760 calories
    30 minute bike ride burned, per my HRM, 513 calories
    30 minutes on the Elliptical burned, per my HRM, 615 calories
    11 minutes of circuit strength training burned, per my HRM, 138 calories

So I have done 257 minutes of cardio and 23 minutes of strength training for the week, so far

Today I have 18 glasses of water in and am sure a couple more before bed

Here is my day three results:

35 minutes of walking burned, per my HRM, 336 calories
    45 minutes of circuit training with a trainer burned, per my HRM, 738 calories (this was half cardio and half strength)

So, I have done 280 minutes of cardio, 45 minutes of strength, and 35 minutes of other

So far I have 9 glasses of water in but it is only 12:30pm so I will get another 9, or so, in

HOW WE ALL DOIN????????? :happy: :tongue:

Here is my day 4, week 2 results:

58 minutes of walk/run intervals burned, per my HRM, 722 calories
    30 minutes of Roller Skating burned, per my HRM, 446 calories
    15 minutes of Circuit Strength Training burned, per my HRM, 160 calories
    42 minute Kettlebell class burned, per my HRM, 617 calories

I have 18 glass of water drank today, but will get at least one more as I am parched.

So, I have done 420 minutes of cardio, 60 minutes of strength, and 35 minutes of other

How is everyone else doing with 3 days left in this week 2?

Here is my Friday results:

65 minutes of walk/run intervals burned, per my HRM, 888 calories
    45 minutes of Elliptical burned, per my HRM, 1005 calories

I have done 615 minutes of exercise 530 minutes of cardio, 60 minutes of strength, and 35 minutes of other

I have 13 glasses of water done as of now, 2pm, so a lot of time left to get in even more.

I tried something new with my elliptical, today, that I learned when I worked with a personal trainer Wednesday. She taught me that if you are using a machine, treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, etc.., to change your pace/incline every couple of minutes. So, I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and I began doing 4 minutes, at a incline of 3 with a moderate pace for the first 4 minutes, then from there I would do incline 7, easy pace, 1 minute going forward, incline 4, moderate pace, 2 minutes, going backward, back to incline 7, easy pace, 1 minute, going forward, back to incline 4, moderate pace, 2 minutes, going backward, and so on for the entire 45 minutes. I am dripping in sweat and burned more calories than I ever have on the elliptical. So, whatever I do, from this point on, I will change what I am doing every couple of minutes. You can do this even if you are doing walking outside. Do a moderate pace for 2 minutes, brisk pace for a minute, and so on. She taught me that if you just keep your heart rate at the exact same for your entire workout you don't burn as many calories because it is building up tolerance, so to speak. But, if you keep changing the intensity of what you are doing and your heart rate keeps changing you are going to burn more calories. I guess I just proved that with the elliptical.

Hope everyone else is having a GREAT workout day.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I feel like I'm doing so bad. The storm yesterday just got my eating and workouts all messed up. I don't like it when things get messed up. So now I feel like I'm behind. I'm still planning on making up yesterday's and today's this weekend. The way I've got my workouts for the month planned out, is my weekends are super easy. So I guess yesterday and today was the weekend. Before the night's over, I'll update my results.
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    Okay!
    Wow today just started off terrible and I was ticked off allllll day ! Imagine yourself getting all dressed ready to go to the gym, open the front door and your hubby says Wait a minute now! I was just called into work... ( we have a 20 month old ) so I couldn't go anywhere grrrrrr just set my mood. My mom said she would watch her at dinner time so man, when I got to that gym at 530pm I worked my rear off - I worked off so much tension and frustration.. it felt so good and I was a new person afterward : ) ahhh !

W2D5
    Cardio - 65 minutes
    Water - 9 glasses

Total
    Cardio - 277 minutes ( w/ 30 minutes strength training )
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Here is my results for day four, week two.
    - I jogged in placed for 15 minutes and according to MFP, I burned 132 calories.
    - I got in 9 glasses of water.
    Total: 15 minutes. 15 minutes is cardio and 0 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week two progress:
    Total Weekly Minutes: 278
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 167
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 109
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 33 glasses

chickadees total 6 week progress:
    Total Challenge Minutes: 799
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 574
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 225
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 88

I am not fond of day's when the weather doesn't let me get what I want accomplished. At least I got something. Now on to update tomorrow's with another post.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Here is my results for day five, week two.
    - I walked for 9 minutes - to get the mail - and according to MFP, I burned 59 calories.
    - I only got in 6 glasses of water.
    Total: 9 minutes. 9 minutes is cardio and 0 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week two progress:
    Total Weekly Minutes: 287
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 176
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 109
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 39 glasses

chickadees total 6 week progress:
    Total Challenge Minutes: 808
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 583
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 225
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 94

As long my weekend goes as planned, I WILL make up these two days. I'm counting on it. Hold me up to it, ladies!
  • humble64
    humble64 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    All of you guys are so motivational.. Today i did

30 mins of 30 day shred
    15 mins of kick boxing
    5 mins of stretching
    50 min of brisk walking

Total workout 100 mins and total calories burned 809

however i ate a little bit more than i should today. I'm still in my daily allotted calorie consumption but it's that time of the month and my cravings go crazy lol..
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Day 12

Strength: 37 mins - My Wii Program - various yoga, stretching, and strength

Week 2 Totals: 314 mins/Cardio; 120 mins/Strength = 434 mins

Also walked for over 2 hours at the fair, in the rain! Gotta love the Great NW!

Have a great weekend!!! Keep up the work!
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    today i just took the time to start cleaning the front part of the house. just logged 3 hours of 7 though. got side tracked and started redecorating a little. had my 8 glasses of water

Total mins is 454