What drives you crazy about this site (in a fun way)?

Options
arc918
arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
For me it is posts that say things like: "Bill just burned 14,287 calories taking out the trash cans for 3 minutes..."

not sure why it bugs me, but it does

Replies

• supayeena
    supayeena Posts: 16
    Options
    LOL if only.......... then i wouldnt worry about getting my hubby to take out trash cuz id be thrilled to do it! LOL
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Haha, yup me too, when someone logs "cleaning", that drives me nuts! I've done it a couple times but only out of curiosity, then I delete it and that was only if heart rate was up for a long period of time, and/or I was breaking a sweat. I don't know about you but cleaning is in my everyday schedule, not "log" worthy! Kind of like logging sex! Count it as a bonus people, don't actually log it!!
  • MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    When the forum page has 200 posts with titles that are all practically identical. Do people not take the time to 'search' for previous topic answers before assuming they were the first to ask it?
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Haha, yup me too, when someone logs "cleaning", that drives me nuts! I've done it a couple times but only out of curiosity, then I delete it and that was only if heart rate was up for a long period of time, and/or I was breaking a sweat. I don't know about you but cleaning is in my everyday schedule, not "log" worthy!

LOL ditto. :)
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Trying to log my food. It's a pain to search for everything.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    My inability to log off the site when I obviously need to get other stuff done......:ohwell:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    For me it is posts that say things like: "Bill just burned 14,287 calories taking out the trash cans for 3 minutes..."

not sure why it bugs me, but it does

LOL
    The I can't possible eat my 1200 cals a day (I somehow never have that problems)..I'm stuffed and does sex count as burning cals....how do I log that in..really?
    LOL
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    My inability to log off the site when I obviously need to get other stuff done......:ohwell:

I concur!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    When people don't read the thread (or even the whole post). For example, several times I've seen 30DS results posts. Someone always asks what 30DS is. Someone will explain it. Then several more people will ask what it is.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    all of the above.. when you reply to "100lbs lost" in sucess stories and people comment on your status like you lost the lbs lol.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options

I concur!

Oh.....Seeing av photos that cause me to think, "What is he doing with his hands?" :wink:
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    When the forum page has 200 posts with titles that are all practically identical. Do people not take the time to 'search' for previous topic answers before assuming they were the first to ask it?

some forums (computer related it seems) get really pissy if you post without searching, it seems to be almost the opposite here - with 10 new what running shoes are best threads
  • veglandia
    veglandia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When the food is listed 10 calories higher than it really is. And more than 10 people have verified it.
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    that my most used foods for each meal were the first few things I entered and used for the first few weeks on the site, but are things I now no longer eat, making it harder to enter more commonly used items
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    The fact that the only way your notified about something here is via email. SMH...MFP needs notifications! :glasses:
  • fly2fisher
    Options
    too much photo editing done here. i understand we all want to feel good about ourselves, but can't we be real with each other?
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    when people respond to someone's food diary loaded with mcd's and pizza hut with a "way to keep logging!"
  • shortstuff42
    shortstuff42 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wish there was a "Like" button!! Then we could just "Like" someone's posting.... I know, that's lazy, but "Liking" a post is encouraging! And as someone else noted, notifications would be helpful too.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options

some forums (computer related it seems) get really pissy if you post without searching, it seems to be almost the opposite here - with 10 new what running shoes are best threads

Yeah, one forum I'm active on is really hot about this. The good thing is that they sticky the really hot topics to the top of the page. So there's 5,000 pages of topic under "Frequent Question X" instead of 5,000 posts about the same topic with only 2 replies to each thread.

Some of those threads end up being essentially "owned" by the same group of people... which can be good or bad, depending upon your perspective. It's hard to wade through all 5,000 pages, to be sure... I think some people are only here in the MFP forums for a quick answer or two.
  • pdcarrell
    pdcarrell Posts: 101
    Options
    when people respond to someone's food diary loaded with mcd's and pizza hut with a "way to keep logging!"
    HEY! That Mcd's Pizza Hut person is me the last 3 days! I need HIgh Five I mean I could of simply not logged and not cared.. but I cared enough to be the honest person! It was my Birthday this last weekend I felt great ate like crap then now I'm wanting to get back on board I feel so much like crap I want to eat the junk.... I know I know you are what you eat! I simply feel like death today my only hope is I feel better tomorrow I'm not quitting!