Twenty Pound Somethings Week 4

Options
13»

Replies

• katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Thanks for the well wishes from being sick :)

Today:

Bfast: protein shake
    Lunch: salad with turkey and provolone
    dinner:...not sure
    Snack:strawberries, fiber mix

Exercise.. 30-60min on treadmill and 15-45min on exercise bike

Kinda worried about dinner tonight, Im going to a birthday get together at Hooters!! It doesnt start til 8pm, so Im thinking I will just eat a protein bar or something before I go!! Anyone have any ideas about something decent at Hooters?? I dont have to worry about drinking beer, cuz Im not a beer drinker!! It will be water and DC for me!!

Also.. Im really happy- the scale has been going down for sure, and the pants are getting a tad looser but I didnt really notice anything else getting smaller until this morning! I tried on this tshirt from Gap- its black and not tight, but fitted and the last time I wore it was about 1 month after my daughter was born when I had lost like 20-30lbs after having her. Ive tried it on since then but its always been too tight around the middle and arms especially... Well this morning I needed something quick to go grocery shopping in and so I was like what the hell lets try it..and I tried the black shirt on...Wow...It isnt tight!! It FITS!! I was like OMG OMG!! Yay so Im happy!! The only bad thing now is..I dont really have any clothes to wear to this bday party tonight lol.. My clothes are either too loose, where they look sloppy, or they are gym clothes lol. And Im too broke to go shopping!! Oh well, guess I'll figure something out!!!

Have a great Saturday guys- I'll check in tomorrow!!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    YEAH Katy!! Clothing being too big is a pretty decent conundrum to deal with :wink:

Kristin, glad to hear you've got your head together as far as coping with temptation over the weekend. And I know how you feel about missing a class you usually hit.

Well, my dental appointment wasn't as bad as they made me think it would be. Yay :happy:

Alright, ttyl!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    oh! AND.. I decided to get a gym membership. We got a family membership because my husband's new job which he'll move to in a week is 1.5 blocks away from the Y so he can go swim on his lunch and so on. And of course I can catch the occasional class or use the machines. My kiddos also love swimming so we can do that together too. One more way to stay fit! :bigsmile:
  • heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ok... So I heard back from my doctor and eveything is starting to make more sense. I have been diagnosed with PCOS which has a huge effect on my insulin... which is I think keeping me from losing the weight. She is going to put me on medicine to control it. I hate taking pills but I know I have to do what I have to do.

Kristin... Just FYI. When I got married three years ago I went on the South Beach Diet. Well, I was invited to a shower at Johnny Carinos and was only given two food choices. I decided to pick the dish that had the most veggi, chicken mix and told them to hold the pasta. It actual tasted really well. You might tell them to go ahead and have them split the meal and put it in a to go box before they even bring it to the table. Just an Idea. Have fun.

sorry to hear you have PCOS. i do as well! i just started with this website in may and i am down 28lbs. i use 850 mg of metformin twice daily to help regulate my sugar levels. you will be amazed what this can do for you when you have coupled it with good eating habits and exercise. if you need anything give a shout girl. i have been diagnosed since 2006...
  • dthughes
    dthughes Posts: 39
    Options
    Ok... So I heard back from my doctor and eveything is starting to make more sense. I have been diagnosed with PCOS which has a huge effect on my insulin... which is I think keeping me from losing the weight. She is going to put me on medicine to control it. I hate taking pills but I know I have to do what I have to do.

Kristin... Just FYI. When I got married three years ago I went on the South Beach Diet. Well, I was invited to a shower at Johnny Carinos and was only given two food choices. I decided to pick the dish that had the most veggi, chicken mix and told them to hold the pasta. It actual tasted really well. You might tell them to go ahead and have them split the meal and put it in a to go box before they even bring it to the table. Just an Idea. Have fun.

sorry to hear you have PCOS. i do as well! i just started with this website in may and i am down 28lbs. i use 850 mg of metformin twice daily to help regulate my sugar levels. you will be amazed what this can do for you when you have coupled it with good eating habits and exercise. if you need anything give a shout girl. i have been diagnosed since 2006...

OMG... That is what the Doctor put me on. I started yesterday. I am so glad to hear how well you are doing. That makes me so excited. I can't wait to really see the results of all my efforts. I have been kind of down the last couple of days.. I really think that it is because of my hormones going crazy and I haven't been keeping tally of what I have been eating. I figured we all need though times and man did I feel sick afterwards:sick: . New day .... new me... That's my motto.

Have a great day and keep in touch.

Tina
  • dthughes
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Thanks for the well wishes from being sick :)

Today:

Bfast: protein shake
    Lunch: salad with turkey and provolone
    dinner:...not sure
    Snack:strawberries, fiber mix

Exercise.. 30-60min on treadmill and 15-45min on exercise bike

Kinda worried about dinner tonight, Im going to a birthday get together at Hooters!! It doesnt start til 8pm, so Im thinking I will just eat a protein bar or something before I go!! Anyone have any ideas about something decent at Hooters?? I dont have to worry about drinking beer, cuz Im not a beer drinker!! It will be water and DC for me!!

Also.. Im really happy- the scale has been going down for sure, and the pants are getting a tad looser but I didnt really notice anything else getting smaller until this morning! I tried on this tshirt from Gap- its black and not tight, but fitted and the last time I wore it was about 1 month after my daughter was born when I had lost like 20-30lbs after having her. Ive tried it on since then but its always been too tight around the middle and arms especially... Well this morning I needed something quick to go grocery shopping in and so I was like what the hell lets try it..and I tried the black shirt on...Wow...It isnt tight!! It FITS!! I was like OMG OMG!! Yay so Im happy!! The only bad thing now is..I dont really have any clothes to wear to this bday party tonight lol.. My clothes are either too loose, where they look sloppy, or they are gym clothes lol. And Im too broke to go shopping!! Oh well, guess I'll figure something out!!!

Have a great Saturday guys- I'll check in tomorrow!!!!

How did it go at Hooters?

Have a great Sunday.

Tina
  • katyk08
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Good morning all !!

Tina and all :
    So, Hooters wasnt that bad at all!! I had fries and beer and cake and mixed drinks in my face all night..and I escaped with eating only 5 of the hot wings- no ranch or blue cheese. I drank about 3 glasses of water. I was actually hungry going in there, but had a glass and a 1/2 of water before I decided to eat and that helped bring my appetite way down. Then all I ate were the five wings as mentioned before and I was full..I mean literally not hungry again til this afternoon. I ended up being awake til 5am..ahh so this will play havic on my metabolism and sleep pattern for the next few days...
    but hey, it was my friends bday and she wanted to go to the club after Hooters so I volunteered to be DD :smile: Which meant I got to pass on the mixed drinks (and the calories with them) at the club!! I drank DC while I was there and that was it so all and all it wasnt a bad night!!

I didnt exercise yesterday though- I should have but just didnt feel up to it. I was grumbling and complaining I had nothing to wear and all lol :grumble:

But Pedalhound you are right- it IS a great problem to have..that my clothes are too big .. Im really proud of myself :)
    My friends noticed last night I had lost some weight - even with the baggy clothes on!! Soo Im happy :)

Kristin how did the cookout/going away party go..Im curious!!

Okay so todays game plan:

Bfast: (was sleeping through this lol)
    Lunch: protein bar
    Dinner: not sure yet, probably a salad with turkey or some soup
    Snack: strawberries, fiber water mix!

Exercise... I *WILL* go walk in the park for atleast 30 minutes.. :grumble:

Alright soo I will check back with you guys later and I hope everyone has a great day :)
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Well, almost afternoon here on the West coast and afternoon for most of YOU! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Had a good day yesterday - everything stayed on track.

Today I went and used my gym membership for the first time to take a class. It was great :bigsmile: Burned over 750 calories plus I did weight training beforehand and I rode my bike there and back. Now I have to try to eat the calories, but I'll do my best.

Food:

1: Ezekiel low sodium bread with crunchy peanut butter and a little honey

2: protein shake, scrambled egg whites with spinach, tomato & salsa, healthy choice choc. pudding

3: carrots w/ low cal dressing, bean salad (kidney beans, peas, onion, peppers, balsamic vinegar and honey)

4: grilled chicken breast wrap (whole wheat) w/ spinach, peppers, salsa & sour cream. Protein shake w/ banana

other snacks: popcorn, Ezekiel toast w/ margarine, cinnamon & sugar, almonds (and I need to find some more ideas because I'm still 700 cals under with this menu.)

workouts: 1 hour step & strength class, 20 minutes weight training, 15 minutes cycling and tonight's pushups.

We're going to an Olympic BBQ party tonight. Our friends are doing it for the second year in a row. Looking forward to it! We had fun last year (our family took home the bronze after the events :laugh: )

Can't believe tomorrow is another Monday. My mother is coming out to visit for a week and a half and I'm SO excited about it! We're going to be camping later in the week again and I'm just so eager to see her!

Have a great rest of your weekend everyone! (Have you guys noticed our numbers dwindling?!)
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends! Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. Been kind of a crazy weekend. So...the party was great! I spent ALL day Saturday gettting ready...cleaning, laundry, weeding, etc. But I didn't end up going for a run that morning like I had wanted. But I literally had NO extra time. My sister came over right as I was finally getting finished and we went to a movie. She wanted popcorn so I had a few handfulls...really not worried...it wasn't much. We came back and she was SO surprised! I was so happy! ALL our friends were there. And my mom and hubby did a GREAT job decorating. So...I had a burger on one of my low cal buns for dinner with some fresh fruit and veggies. I had one small piece of cake with 1/2 c. ice cream. AND I have 2 Mikes Light Hard Cranberry Lemonades (80 cals each). SO...not too terrible! We were up EXTREMELY late...for me anyways....so I didn't get up until late the next morning and we rushed to get ready to head out the the Iowa State Fair (so...no morning run). We walked around there all day...so I guess plenty of exercise. Ate a grilled chicken sandwich and some fat free pinapple ice cream out there. But that was at like 2. Came home later in the evening, around like 7, and the hubby and I watched a movie. I ended up eating a bunch of BBQ chips (yuck!) and probably a cup and a half of ice cream!:noway: Whoops! Oh well. But all in all it was a good weekend, and when I weighed myself this morning, I'm the same as last week. And I'm hoping I'm retaining a little water...so hopefully there will be a little loss by weigh in tomorrow morning!

SO, here's the plan for today:

Breakfast:
    1 c. Multigrain Cheerios, 1/2 c. Skim milk, 1 med. banana, 8 oz. PlumSmart Lite juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. sugar free vanilla caramel creamer, soft-baked Kashi TLC blackberry graham bar.

Lunch:
    Turkey & Cheese Sandwich (2 sl. village hearth wheat bread, 1 slice American Free Singles, 3 sl. Turkey lunch meat, 1 slice tomato, 1 leaf lettuce), 14 baby carrots, 1 stick celery, AE YoLite yogurt, diet coke.

Afternoon Snack:
    1 med. apple, 2 Multigrain Cinnamon Roll Rice Cakes, Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar.

Dinner:
    Leftover burger patty on 1 light bun with 1 sl. american free cheese, 1 slice tomato. AND...something with it, just not sure what yet.

PM Snack:
    Depends on calories remaining.

Exercise plan--1/2 hour running, 1 hour BodyPump.

So, I think today will be a good day. Tomorrow is a new week, new post, new weight! Have a FABULOUS day friends!!!:flowerforyou:
  • dthughes
    Options
    Hey Everyone...

Here is what today looks like. My little was up early so I got on the treadmill while he watches Disney. 30 minutes!!!!

Breakfast:
    I had a cup of Apple Cherrios with a skim milk and my morning coffee.

Am Snack:
    Most likely my Fiber one bars and an apple

Lunch:
    Haven't decided but I think that I am going to make my black bean and chicken rotel dish.

PM snack:
    Have no idea. I have carrotts or I may steam some veggies.

Dinner:
    I'll let you know.

Have a great day everyone. I think that I am going to try and go walking with my neighor tonight!!!

Tina
  • heyjuede
    Options
    hey dthughes i forgot to mention that it can be rough adjusting to metformin. it has some really uncomfortable side effects. i am sure you may be experiencing them now hehehe.. if not, lucky girl! it took me a month to get used to the first dose then another month when they decided to up the dose. at that point it had very little to do with sugars and more or less fertility.

i made a smart move today. plain shredded wheat instead of fiber one raisin bran. not as much fiber, but a lot less sugar :smile: small steps!!!

did 50 min of cardio today at the gym. my friend backed out :ohwell: so i went anyways. a lady there who i don't know stopped me and was wow, you are really dedicated. i see you everytime i come. lol... i was like, yea, i have A LOT to lose still heheeh... now to keep a better check on my sugar intake. i have really managed to get the calories, carbs, etc in check, but never realized sugar intake should have been alot lower.. .yikes... back to working on improvement. good luck ladies! 1 more lbs and i hit 30 lost ! yahoo!!!:bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Just wanted to say Happy Afternoon!!!! I'm WAY tired and SO ready to leave work and head to the gym!!!! Only 2 more hours!
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    welllll....DOWN 3LBS SINCE LAST WEEK! IM SO EXCITED! 10 MORE TO GO FOR A TOTAL OF 20LBS DOWN. WHAHOO! iM ALMOST THERE! I HAVE 8 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS TILL MY GUY COMES HOME A MARINE, WHICH MEANS 8 MORE WEEKS OF WORKIN IT OUT! HAHA. MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE- KEEP IT UP LADIES, IT LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS DOING SO WELL!! I HAVENT BEEN POSTING AS MUCH AS ID LIKE TO BE, BUT I AM READING AND KEEPING UP ON HOW EVERYONE IS DOING! ITS SO MOTIVATIONAL FOR ME TO READ THE POSTS. WE CAN DO IT!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    welllll....DOWN 3LBS SINCE LAST WEEK! IM SO EXCITED! 10 MORE TO GO FOR A TOTAL OF 20LBS DOWN. WHAHOO! iM ALMOST THERE! I HAVE 8 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS TILL MY GUY COMES HOME A MARINE, WHICH MEANS 8 MORE WEEKS OF WORKIN IT OUT! HAHA. MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE- KEEP IT UP LADIES, IT LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE IS DOING SO WELL!! I HAVENT BEEN POSTING AS MUCH AS ID LIKE TO BE, BUT I AM READING AND KEEPING UP ON HOW EVERYONE IS DOING! ITS SO MOTIVATIONAL FOR ME TO READ THE POSTS. WE CAN DO IT!

Nice work Koozy81!!! You are doing GREAT! Glad we can help motivate you! That's why I LOVE this site! Keep it up girl!:flowerforyou:
  • katyk08
    Options
    Hey all!

Today so far:
    bfast: protein bar

lunch:(had to skip it w/o realizing..family issue ill elaborate further down in post)

dinner:salad with tomatoe and either turkey or chicken and provolone cheese..maybe some shells n chz with it since i forgot lunch today!!

snack: fiber water mix, light fat free BBQ pringles, Gatorade G2 while I was exercising

exercise: 70 min on treadmill..42 min of it was jogging!!/ 75 min on exercise bike..(burned it says 2207 in cals today..SCORE lol)

Well the family issue is that my grandfather was transferred to a hospital in ATL this afternoon for what his hometown hospital thought was a tumor near the end of his rectum...well now the hospital in ATL isnt sure if it is a tumor or what. We wont know til he has a colonoscopy tomorrow afternoon (they have to wait til his blood thickens back up as he takes blood thinners). I really really want to be down there with him and my grandmother, - my dad and his wife are staying down with them- but I dont have anyone for my daughter to stay with that long :( Her dad works at night and cannot take off at all. I will be going down tomorrow morning/afternoon though. I will post on here as soon as I wake up in the AM but I dont know if I will get in any exercise or what I will be eating tomorrow. Im going to take some protein bars with me though.
    Sooo I hope everyone is ready for our check in tomorrow!! Boy, I know I am!!! :)
    I wish you all a great evening and will read your posts later on and tomorrow morning!!
  • dthughes
    Options
    hey dthughes i forgot to mention that it can be rough adjusting to metformin. it has some really uncomfortable side effects. i am sure you may be experiencing them now hehehe.. if not, lucky girl! it took me a month to get used to the first dose then another month when they decided to up the dose. at that point it had very little to do with sugars and more or less fertility.

i made a smart move today. plain shredded wheat instead of fiber one raisin bran. not as much fiber, but a lot less sugar :smile: small steps!!!

did 50 min of cardio today at the gym. my friend backed out :ohwell: so i went anyways. a lady there who i don't know stopped me and was wow, you are really dedicated. i see you everytime i come. lol... i was like, yea, i have A LOT to lose still heheeh... now to keep a better check on my sugar intake. i have really managed to get the calories, carbs, etc in check, but never realized sugar intake should have been alot lower.. .yikes... back to working on improvement. good luck ladies! 1 more lbs and i hit 30 lost ! yahoo!!!:bigsmile:

Yea... I am feeling the side effects. :laugh: How long till they go away?
  • heyjuede
    Options

i'd say a couple weeks to a month for it to settle in the system. once its settled, it has virtually very little effect on that end eheeh:bigsmile:
  • dthughes
    Options

i'd say a couple weeks to a month for it to settle in the system. once its settled, it has virtually very little effect on that end eheeh:bigsmile:

Oh YEA!!! :laugh: I can look on the bright side of this and pay back my husband. :bigsmile:
    That is awsome on your weight loss. Keep Going!!!!
  • heyjuede
    Options

Oh YEA!!! :laugh: I can look on the bright side of this and pay back my husband. :bigsmile:
    That is awsome on your weight loss. Keep Going!!!!

lmao!!:laugh: i know exactly what ya mean. that worked out well for me too in that case, however, then he introduced me to a thing called a dutch oven... that war ended fast heheheheh