My Secret to Weight Loss

Options
As you may know and as someone has mentioned, I am "vanishing this week." Yes, it is true. Today was a 1.2 pound loss. Yesterday was 0.8 pound loss and the day before that was a 0.4 loss. And I just want MFP friends to know that there is a little secret to my success. Serious. Some like to call my vanishing trick "magic" but it's not really magic. And, no, it is not a pill. No, it is not in a syringe either. What I do is I keep going. I keep going when I gain and have NO idea why. I keep going when I know I could have done better. I keep going when life pushes me to have comfort food. I keep going after I have eaten out. I keep going when my muscles are so sore I don't even want to get out of bed. I keep going when I am hot and sweaty from exercise. I keep going when I have a confrontation with a family member or I hear really depressing news. I just keep going. That's what works. I would tell the world but they would not believe me, demanding me to tell them what I REALLY did to lose weight. So, I am telling MFP friends the secret I've been using. I just keep going. The scale is such a temperamental and moody thing so you just have to stay the course. If you follow the plan, you will reach your destination. We all want to get there in a Porsche, SO FAST, but all we have is a bike or our legs to get us there. Just so you know, I have also had days where I have GAINED 1.2 pounds and .8 pounds and .4 pounds in one week. But did I give up, no sir! When I have a bad week I tell myself a good week is eventually coming my way. Good Luck and Stay the Course!

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! Damn straight!!!
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    AGREE!~
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    SO true! Great post!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC POST! VERY WELL SAID!

<bump!>
  • JellyPrz619
    JellyPrz619 Posts: 172
    Options
    This post is just what i needed today!!! thank you so much !
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    most people don't realize that their weight fluctuates several pounds per week, which is why it is a good idea to only weigh yourself once a week, in the morning before you drink or eat anything, completely naked. it is even better to only weigh yourself once every two weeks. the amount you fluctuate over the course of a few days doesn't matter. you want actual results, and the best way to get accurate weigh ins is to do them once a week or once every two weeks.
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Soo true!! I have to remind myself of this sometimes!
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    most people don't realize that their weight fluctuates several pounds per week, which is why it is a good idea to only weigh yourself once a week, in the morning before you drink or eat anything, completely naked. it is even better to only weigh yourself once every two weeks. the amount you fluctuate over the course of a few days doesn't matter. you want actual results, and the best way to get accurate weigh ins is to do them once a week or once every two weeks.

I weigh myself everyday just to see the fluctuations, but only really count what I see once a week. I'd be scared to weigh only once a week, and have it be a day were you are heavier!
  • kent4j
    kent4j Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed to hear. Thank you!
    It's easy to stay the course when the weight falls off. But it's been more than two weeks without a change and I'm seriously fighting the urge to just eat 400 calories a day.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    The best post!!! wish more people would post like this. thank you
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!! THANK YOU!!
  • harmonydubois
    Options
    Enjoyed reading this post. It is absolutely true. Often times when we are so fixated on seeing results fast, and wanting to ride in the Porsche instead of the Bike, we falter...we falter because we don't see what we want in the time we want, and then we eventually set ourselves up for failure. KEEP ON GOING...
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I love this post! it is nothing but the truth!

Keep on, keeping on
  • Lisamariemlt
    Lisamariemlt Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    so true girlie
    I should send yah a link to my blog
    yah wanna keep going
    that's exactly what I have been doing the last two years

I don't step on the scale daily
    I might not weekly
    but I keep going cause I know if I follow the plan
    maybe cheat a beat--that's life
    and
    get up when I've been knocked down
    well
    eventually I will get to where I want to go
    slow and steady that's what wins the race
    hugs

great post
    so true
    great tude
  • maryritt529
    Options
    LIKE!
  • MamaGraves2
    MamaGraves2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    So true & so motivating. Thank you for sharing!

Keep up the amazing job!
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    So true! That's the type of mentality I've been having this past month. I don't let the scale discourage me because I know that I've been eating healthy and that I've been exercising. So what if the scale tells me I went up a pound here and there. As long as I know I'm keeping up with my program, I will get the results I want!

Too many people become impatient with weight loss and give up too soon! I track my weight every 2 weeks because I believe this time frame is more appropriate.

Great attitude, hope lots of people get inspired by this post =D
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

I weigh myself everyday just to see the fluctuations, but only really count what I see once a week. I'd be scared to weigh only once a week, and have it be a day were you are heavier!

I'm on the same page here. I know it isn't a linear progression, that there will be ups and downs, but as long as I see a downward "trend" I'm happy. Some days I will be down a pound, but yesterday I was up. Strangely enough, because I have been diligently weighing myself, I can recognize this as normal and not get depressed or give up. I know that by eating the way I should and exercising, the trend will continue in my favor, regardless of daily fluctuations. HOWEVER I think it would be harder to be pragmatic if I only weighed myself every one or two weeks, and weigh-in day was a heavier day. This really depends on your personality though, and maybe where you are starting from in your weight journey.