My Secret to Weight Loss

Options

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I can't tell you how much I needed this right now. This whole week I have kept going even though I have really not wanted to. I have been feeling discouraged (why? I dont know, since the numbers are going down). But thank you thank you for posting this. I think i might copy it and paste it somewhere I can read it all the time.
  • mamato2babes
    Options
    Exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and the truth!!!
  • ducksinarow
    Options
    great motivation!!!
  • ducksinarow
    Options
    great motivation!!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    YEP! What she said!!! :-D
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    What a truly wonderful post, thank very much.

It is truly representational about life in general, isn't it. People have been know to comment to me about how I keep going with the tragedies that have befallen myself and my family. I say "my life is worth giving it my best" and I go about each day doing just that, there is really no alternative.

GG
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Tru dat!!!
  • slimyfishy
    slimyfishy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    *applause heard over your keyboard for such true words*:wink:
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love this post!
    Thank you!!
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    *Like*
  • Denibabe94
    Options
    So true! I need that willpower :happy:
    And your metabolism must be skyrocketing!
  • OhSnaps
    OhSnaps Posts: 25
    Options
    I love this post, not only does it apply to weight loss, but to life itself! Thanks so much for this.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Aha! Using the Energizer Bunny approach to this! I get it, and I'm going to keep going tomorrow!

I wanted to give up this evening when my Wii Fit told me I gained 4 pounds since my last weigh in, and had the nerve to ask me why. There's no TOM button! So I made something up, since it doesn't really like the "I don't know" button (even though I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to say to the thing!).

Anyway, I really wanted to cry, and my workout was horrible. I really hate the days that I do strength/yoga, and things weren't going well. Totally unbalanced, and I had been improving so much with this!

So instead of giving up, I finished the workout and I decided to cheer myself up by doing a 10-minute Free Run. And I blew away my previous record!

. . . so I guess I kept going, and going, and going even though I didn't realize it.

Great post ! keep going . . .
  • hemiltonfleming
    Options
    Yeah, Many online weight loss communities charge for access to their meal plans and support, but Spark People.com is a free website that gets high marks from experts and users. It includes personalized weight loss and fitness…
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    Girl,
    You are so on the mark. That is what I try to say to everyone when they are tough on themselves. Stay the course. Eventually your body comes along for the ride! I have done this weight loss thing for more than I ever wanted too. But If you stop because you feel defeated, then game over.

Thanks for the pep talk and I hope eveyone who is struggling really takes this in and remembers this when its really hard.

I am very inspired by you!!!!!
  • ReggaeNurse
    ReggaeNurse Posts: 140
    Options
    Such a simple, yet profound strategy. Definitely a great post! Thanks for sharing and for helping us to remember that this journey is a marathon, not a race.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post!! It is soo true and something I need to do for myself...JUST KEEP GOING!!! Thanks again!
  • mottles
    mottles Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A great reminder, thank you!
  • eorourke23
    Options
    Brilliant post, thanks for that, it has really gave me a huge boost, and yes I WILL KEEP GOING :bigsmile: