Baked Spinach Chips

Options

Replies

• kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Oooo making this today, thanks for the recipe!
  • Pattywack74
    Options
    Bump...thanks
  • Pattywack74
    Options
    :smile:
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    Interesting, i'm definitely going to try this recipe...
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    This sounds really yummy and I will have to try it as well. The possibilities are endless and it sure is something different to snack on and I am looking for new snacks.
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    im trying this... thank you!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks MeredithLee11!

These are delicious! My hubby and I just polished off a whole bag of baby spinich. I'm going to experiment with kale next.

For my first batch, I used garlic powder, pepper and onion powder. The second batch was smoked paprika, onion powder and a little cayenne pepper for a kick. Both batches lightly salted, as well.

You really MUST spray a layer of cooking spray in order for them not to stick. I spread them out on a foil covered cookie sheet, baked them for 18 minutes in a pre-heated 280 deg. oven and then put the broiler on for about 2 minutes. Gently remove with fork, as they are fragile, but melt in your mouth.

Thanks so much for sharing this idea for a great and satisfying snack!! :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:
    Bump
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    If you get cravings for the salty crunchies, try this one out.

Preheat the oven to 275F. Spread out a cup of spinach on a baking sheet. Drizzle on about a teaspoon of olive oil and mix it around so all the spinach gets a nice light coating. Hit it with a little dusting of salt and any spices your heart desires (I like paprika on mine; garlic powder would be good too). Throw 'em in the oven 18 minutes, or until they get crispy (a little less time for baby spinach). Take 'em out of the oven and enjoy!

47 calories for a heaping pile of "chips"!

I had an idea to lay the spinach out on a cooling rack on top of the baking sheet just so it wasn't sitting in any excess oil, but I haven't tried this method out yet. Let me know if you do and how it works out.

Bump
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Played around a bit for another variation to this delicious snack using Kale this time. Here is my recipe for
    Sweet Parmesan Kale Crisps - Serves 2
    INGREDIENTS:
    4 cups Kale, cut, washed & dried, ready to cook (recommend GloryFoods bagged pre-washed Kale)
    1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    ¼ tsp. onion powder
    ¼ tsp. garlic powder
    ¼ tsp. nutmeg
    1 tsp stevia in the raw extract for baking
    4 tsp. Sargento Artisan Blend Shredded Parmesan Cheese
    DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 280 degrees. Prepare cookie sheet with foil, turning edges up of foil and pinch edges to catch any drippings. Spray lightly with Pam cooking spray.
    Put kale in big bowl and drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle spices and stevia and toss well to coat. Spread layer of kale all over cookie sheet and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and place in preheated oven for 18 minutes.
    At end of 18 minutes turn oven to broiler for about 2 minutes (watching closely, so as not to burn). Remove immediately. Cool slightly and scoop with flat spatula. pile into 2 bowls and enjoy with someone or eat both! I usually can’t just eat one serving.
    1 Serving equals about 85 calories, 4 protein, 5 fat, 9 carbs, (7 net), 2 fiber, 110 sodium

Love the spinich, as well. Thanks again MeredithLee11! This is going to be a "go to" to satisfy those munchies.
  • christina_theresa
    christina_theresa Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I never thought about spinach! I have done it with kale before. Thanks for this!
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Bump
  • bstoetzer
    bstoetzer Posts: 96
    Options
    bump
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish!! And I just so happen to have a whole thing of fresh baby spinach in the fridge & I was trying to figure out what to do with it....This is perfect!! Thanks for sharing! :happy:
  • AngelsheriHackley
    AngelsheriHackley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KellyLynn91
    KellyLynn91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    bumppppp