PLANKS-- How long?

Options
124»

Replies

• torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    I planked at 2:15 today...........are we just doing one, or sets of 3????????
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I didn't do anything yesterday and haven't started my workout yet for today, but Saturday was pretty good. I did 3 30 second sets and 1 set for 45 seconds...I really felt the burn. I'll try to do the same today or maybe a little more. See ya later!:tongue:
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Yuk! Did planks once. Really disliked them. Probably need them though. Will give it an unwilling try.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I will plank tonight and report - I did do some over the weekend wiht my dvd workouts but didn't time them. Tonight I will time them. (when my son times them he usually lies to me - like you have 30 sec. left and 30 sec. come and go and he still says 30 sec. ) On second thought I won't have him time me tonight!!!
  • stephfilako
    stephfilako Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Who cares how you do them ... Lets just do them! I am doing them before I start my workouts so I have the most energy for it. :) Three different times for as long as I can hold it. I just wanted to get people to do them-- dont care how. :P

Steph
  • EatwellLivehappy
    EatwellLivehappy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually start with 1 minute, then 1:30, then 2 minutes, then 2:30. Sometimes I'll go up to three, or I'll just go straight to 2:30- plank seems to get boring fast.
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    I didnt do any over the weekend .... but todays time was 1 min 15 secs... I did them after my work out.... but thinking I like the idea of doing them FIRST!
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    45 seconds each side, 1 minute "normal", repeat. :heart:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I lasted 2 minutes tonight
  • bbbbb33333
    bbbbb33333 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    20 sec, 15 sec..... yikes.... of couse I had just finished running
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Way to go everyone!!

1 minute 30 sec. - still had good form - I know I can push it but I am building up slowly. I have an old shoulder injury that I don't want to flair up. Before I was holding the plank on a ball - now that is hard and you have to have core strenght.

I will keep checking in... good luck everyone!!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    funny story I just did a plank Max out today -- 4:01
    shaking so hard
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    shaking so hard

Hell yeah you did! Great job on todays challenge... now I have some work to do thanks to you! lol (that and I have to try and beat your plank time...)
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    shaking so hard

Hell yeah you did! Great job on todays challenge... now I have some work to do thanks to you! lol (that and I have to try and beat your plank time...)

you better squat your *kitten* off

yup total pun intended!
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    totally amazing times from some of the posters!!

I do 3 sets of 90 seconds currently and I am shaking at 30 seconds but still hold it. I am not sure I could hold it any longer than that!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I do mine on my elbows, for about 2 minutes a pop. Try doing stomach vacuums while you hold the plank - it rocks!!

Sometimes I will also do glute kickbacks. I don't like to sit still at all, I'd rather do 2 things at once (compound) for every exercise I do.