Options

Replies

• SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Option 3:
    Run Goal 40km: 33.42 km to go
    Cycle Goal 100km: 26.07 km to go

I said that the running was going to be hard for me! I am counting all run/walk intervals and walking at work to chip away at that a little while I'm banging out all the cycling. LOL. I walk with a co-worker at work, and we typically do about 4 - 4.5 mph walks... yes, I track them with GPS... haha. Luckily my co-worker is a bit of a fitness nut as well, so he doesn't even look at me funny when I pull out my phone and open up my Cardio Tracker app! I'm counting them, but they're only 1.51 km each. I hope that's okay. There is no way I will get to 40 km of running, but I will do my best to do serious running this weekend when I don't have to bike to work every day!
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Option 3:

I said that the running was going to be hard for me! I am counting all run/walk intervals and walking at work to chip away at that a little while I'm banging out all the cycling. LOL. I walk with a co-worker at work, and we typically do about 4 - 4.5 mph walks... yes, I track them with GPS... haha. Luckily my co-worker is a bit of a fitness nut as well, so he doesn't even look at me funny when I pull out my phone and open up my Cardio Tracker app! I'm counting them, but they're only 1.51 km each. I hope that's okay. There is no way I will get to 40 km of running, but I will do my best to do serious running this weekend when I don't have to bike to work every day!

Sarah - you're donig an amazing job. Remember a time when you wouldnt have the courage to even try this, and think about the number of people who still wouldnt even try.

Im so proud of you xx
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Option 3:

Sarah - you're donig an amazing job. Remember a time when you wouldnt have the courage to even try this, and think about the number of people who still wouldnt even try.

Im so proud of you xx

Thank you, Bunny. I actually remember when I couldn't jog down to the end of the block. I remember trying and being so frustrated and giving up. You're right, it wasn't that long ago... I'll give it my all and see where I end up!
  • bunnysone
    Options
    [/quote]

UPDATE as at end of day Thursday:

Run goal 40km - 15.2km to go
    Cycle goal 100km - 43.1km to go
    [/quote]

Update as at end of day Friday:

Cycle Goal 100km - COMPLETE - 103km completed
  • Bavaria100
    Options
    Today is my last day of the 5 day challenge (option 1). I challange myself to run 3km ....to be continued...:wink:
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day of the 5 day challenge (option 1). I challange myself to run 3km ....to be continued...:wink:

I thought this was a one week challenge? Oh well, it is for me! Rain has knocked out my cycling for the last couple of days. I got a run in this morning but just hoping for a break in the weather to get in a ride. Current status:

Option Two:
    Day 6
    Run Goal 20k: 5k to go
    Ride Goal 50k: 20k to go
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Forgot to log yesterdays 04/21

Run/Walk goal 40km - 6.87 km to go
    Cycle goal 100km: 67.17 km to go
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Not to be a stickler, but this is called a DUATHLON. A biathlon is a winter Olympics event with cross country skiing and target shooting.

In any case, I almost completed Option 3 back in the first week of April, but I'm all for trying it again, perhaps next week.

March 28 - April 2:

Biked 68.2 miles (109.12 km)
    Ran: 17.8 miles (28.48 km)

I'll get there. :)
  • johnwhitent
    Options
    Update: The rain let up and I got out for a ride. Now I just have to knock out a 5k run in the morning and I can spend the afternoon mowing (ugh!)

Option Two:
    Day 6
    Ride Goal 50k: 0k to go
  • bunnysone
    Options
    Update as at end of day Friday:

Cycle Goal 100km - COMPLETE - 103km completed

Update as at Saturday:

Run goal 40km - COMPLETE - 40.1km completed
    Cycle goal 100km - COMPLETE - 103km completed

Yay! Now im off to get a massage and have the rest of the weekend off!
  • bunnysone
    Options
    GOOD LUCK to the rest of you who are almost there!! I'm waiting at the finish line and cheering you on xx
  • bunnysone
    Options

I thought this was a one week challenge? Oh well, it is for me! Rain has knocked out my cycling for the last couple of days. I got a run in this morning but just hoping for a break in the weather to get in a ride. Current status:

Option Two:
    Day 6

Yes, you've got a week to do it - I know I couldnt complete mine in 5 days!
  • bunnysone
    Options
    Not to be a stickler, but this is called a DUATHLON. A biathlon is a winter Olympics event with cross country skiing and target shooting.

In any case, I almost completed Option 3 back in the first week of April, but I'm all for trying it again, perhaps next week.

March 28 - April 2:

Biked 68.2 miles (109.12 km)
    Ran: 17.8 miles (28.48 km)

I'll get there. :)

I had a suspicion that I had named it wrong - thanks for picking it up and great to see you on the challenge!!
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Run goal 40km: 1.43 km to go
    Cycle goal 100km: -3.64 km to go (103.64 KM)

Yeesh, a little shy on the run... guess I'm running tomorrow, maybe another ride too! :wink:
  • waterbabeAD
    Options
    Thanks! QWhat day are we posting our weekly results?
    We've been posting our updates to how far we've come each day so far - feel free to join in ! Many of us will finish the challenge by Sunday but I'd love to see how far you go and when you can get to the end xx

Run Goal 40k 12k down, 28 to go
    Ride Goal 60k 33k diwn, 27 to go

Run Goal 40k 19k down, 21 to go. Knee issues :-(
    Ride Goal 60k 83km - DONE!
  • Bavaria100
    Options
    Completed yesterday the challenge!
    Option 1
    I run in 5 days 11.7 km
    Cycled 29.8 km

Great!
  • johnwhitent
    Options
    Option Two:
    Day 7
    Run Goal 20k: 0k to go

DONE!
  • johnwhitent
    Options
    Option Two:
    Day 7

DONE!

Somehow missed zeroing out the cycling. Finished cycling yesterday and running today.

Option Two:
    Day 7
    Ride Goal 50k: 0k to go

Finished this one. What is next? (Not pushing Lady Di)
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Option 3:
    Run Goal 40km: 31.92 km to go
    Cycle Goal 100km: 0 km to go COMPLETE

Had 26.07 km to go cycling, and I just completed a 33.8 km ride. It was WONDERFUL! I didn't want to get off the bike trail, I was enjoying it so much. And that puts me at a total of 107.7 km this week. Got lots of sleep last night, and feeling really good right now, so I am going to go for a run later tonight and again tomorrow to see how much I can manage. :D
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Run goal 40km: -.6 km to go (40.6 KM completed)
    Cycle goal 100km: -3.64 km to go (103.64 KM completed)