1/2 cup skim milk in my coffee 43
    1 Lenders original plain bagel 140
    1/2 Tbs Smart Balance margarine 23
    1 Activia light yogurt 70

Total: 276
  • bcdg24
    bcdg24 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's a Saturday morning, so it's "French Toast and Scrambled Eggs" day for my son and me. I keep portions down to serving sizes, but it is still a lot of calories.

Most of the people who replied cited breakfasts of 100-300 calories. I always eat 300-400 calories for breakfast, and i will be starving if i dont (and much more likely to want to binge or give in to cravings). I'm new at this, but I dont see how I could ever survive on only 200 calories for one of my main meals of the day. Am I doing something wrong to be eating such large breakfasts? Or am I just too new at this, and will i be able to get by on less than 300 calories with time?
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Fortifyed french toast.

3 egg whites
    1scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 tsp cinamon
    2 slices or 45 calorie multi grain bread
    1/4 cup sugar free syrup
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    turkey sausage and bacon omlette
    banana nut pancake
    sugar free syrup
    560 cals
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    Homemade carrot cake muffin - 204 calories. Contains pineapple, grated carrot, nuts, raisins, partial whole wheat flour, eggs, some sugar. Made a batch yesterday and froze them so I can take one out at a time as needed.

This sounds good.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    2 whole grain low-fat nutri-grain eggo waffles
    1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
    1 cup frozen blueberries
    1 slice lower sodium turkey bacon

Yum
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    typical breakfast for me: cold cereal or a packet of oatmeal, some fruit or 4 oz. fruit juice mixed with 4 oz. water, yogurt. i also eat a lot of peanut butter in the morning on wheat toast or a wheat mini bagel!
  • togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    i missed breakfast and went straight to a turkey and cheese sandwich for lunch .... needed to run a few errands on the bus before the rain storms hit....
  • EarthGirlCanada
    EarthGirlCanada Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I usually have a Reduced Sugar Quaker instant oatmeal and then have a snack a couple hours later of an apple or a banana or carrots just to keep the "machine" burning those calories. Stick a coffee with milk and Splenda in the mix too.
  • Comfortableme
    Comfortableme Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    During the week I have a 1/2 cup of oatmeal (eating at my desk at work) - 150 calories.
    This morning, I had 2 eggs over easy - 160 calories and 1 cup of frozen blueberries - 79 calories - total 239.
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    I had: 1 scrambled egg (with yolk)
    sliced tomato
    minced garlic
    green onion
    2 turkey sausage links
    1 slice of nine grain bread
    Mix it all together and put it on bread like a breakfast burrito. With a glass of Spicy V8 Juice.
    300-400 calories dont remember exact amount---after an hour of cardio! :bigsmile:
  • librariangirl
    Options
    1/2c. egg whites
    1/4c. whole black beans
    4 Tbs. El Pinto green chile sauce
    1/4c. cottage cheese
    Yum!! Packed with protein, low cal., low fat - and it gets me through the morning when my son has asked me to make him chocolate chip pancakes!

Also skim milk with sugar free Torani vanilla flavored syrup in my coffee. A great treat for a Saturday morning.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I have 3 breakfasts I rotate:

2 packets instant oatmeal with 2/3 cup skim milk

I poached egg and a slice of low fat cheddar cheese on a piece of whole wheat toast

1/2 c granola with 1/2 c skim milk
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    1 packet of strawberries and cream oatmeal, 1 banana, coffee, 2 cups of orange juice (really love Vit C in the morning!) :smile:
  • Qpeace
    Qpeace Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had instant cream of wheat with dried cut up apricots, a 1/4 cup of whole milk and a teaspoon of dark brown sugar - 253 calories total.

Then I did an ea sports active 2 workout - nine week challenge - moderate level.

I try to change up what I have for breakfast but the above is one of them in the rotation.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Yoplait non fat blackberry yogurt (100 calories)
    1/3 c. of Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal (to use as granola in my yogurt :) ) (48 calories)

total: 148 calories...and I'm full and it was delicious
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Usually I have old fashioned oatmeal with fruit and nuts, or a smoothie with yogurt and fruit... but today I had a glazed donut with lemon filling. It's not my norm, but it sure was delicious!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    One slize of ezekiel bread with about 1.5 T of raw almond butter, 5 dried apricot halves (non sulphered), orange juice, and coffee w/ organic 1%. About 450 cals, but it keeps me going and full for most of the morning!
  • macbeth4050
    macbeth4050 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually have:
    1 Eggo whole wheat waffle
    1/3 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup cereal either total raisin bran or special k
    1/2 cup skim milk
    sometimes instead of cereal I will have a piece of fruit and a yogurt.
  • t1981
    t1981 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    oatmeal made with an egg white and 1/2 a banana- tastes like banana bread :) and coffee with creamer.