For all you oatmeal eaters out there

Options

Replies

• ducksinarow
    Options
    I love oatmeal...usually eat it without sugar...with PB, or PB and apples, or apples and raisins, or cinnamon, or sometimes a little sugar free syrup if I want a little something sweet.
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My kids and I LOVE steel cut oats in the crock pot, they add raisens, craisens and brown sugar, I like peanut butter anda little brown sugar and cinnamon. It's great to wake up to breakfast being ready and the leftovers heat up very nice the next day.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    drinking chocolate, choc protein powder and tbsn natural PB :D
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I just don't have time for regular oatmeal. So I use the flavored instant oatmeal, Quaker's Banana Bread, Cinnamon, and Maple Brown Sugar are my favorites. I also use milk instead of water, it is so much better that way to me!

I also hated oatmeal until about 3 months ago. Now I just know I have to eat it on days I will be going out for dinner in order to keep my morning calories low (170 instead of 300). I add a little more milk than it suggests because I don't like it to be too thick. Lots of trial and error until I found what I like!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I just don't have time for regular oatmeal. So I use the flavored instant oatmeal, Quaker's Banana Bread, Cinnamon, and Maple Brown Sugar are my favorites. I also use milk instead of water, it is so much better that way to me!

Regular oatmeal takes exactly 1 minute in the microwave. The instant packets have tons of sodium and added sugar.
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    Quaker old fashioned oats. I cook them in half milk and half water and add a little brown sugar to the milk/water mixture while it is cooking. A swirl of sugar free maple syrup on the top and some pecans or walnuts.

I'll have to try it with pb...
  • kdrosendaul
    Options
    Where do you buy steel cut oats? They aren't in the cereal section in my supermarkets here.
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I like both Quaker & Stop & Shop have a maple & brown sugar with extra fiber. It keeps me full until lunch.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I buy the instant. low sugar variety and mix in either PB or a variety of berries. Love it.. it's my go to breakfast more often than not.
  • dlange64
    dlange64 Posts: 15
    Options
    I eat oatmeal at work, I like the instant oatmeal with the raisins and dates in it. It is really good and it does help keep you full longer, another thing I like to eat for breakfast is the Kashi Go Lean Granola cereal mixed with vanilla fit and light yogurt and I put blue berries in it, that is really good and it keeps you feeling full for a while also.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    a scoop of plain oatmeal with a pack of instant, half scoop to scoop of protein powder,
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Quaker 1 Minute. Cook a big pot, have for breakfast and late night snack. Breakfast, with berries, yogurt, flax seed, and cinnamon. Nighttime, with honey, dried plums, flax seed, cocoa powder, and a little spritz of whipped cream. Honey is supposed to help with sleep. Beats a bowl of ice cream...really.
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I use either generic or quaker instant. I add honey to sweeten it and add almonds, walnuts or pecans for the "crunch".
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    try adding simple rolled oats - around 30g to a smoothie after blending - it fills you up for the morning, alternatively if you dont like the grains in a smoothie add it while blending and it will get chopped up and still seems to take you through

I blend mine to a powder most mornings - add milk - go and work out for 10mins on my cross trainer then add the fruit and whizz the lot - its like a post workout treat, breakfast and health at the same time
  • aurevoirvictoire
    Options
    cinnamon and splenda

Me too! Fantastic.
  • Mamapengu
    Mamapengu Posts: 250
    Options
    I seem to alternate between a poached egg on toast with veggies or McManns' steal cut rolled oats. Made per package with water and then I almost always add a cup of frozen fruit until warm and chopped nuts. Makes a big bowel and keeps me for a few hours just fine.
  • DarMC
    DarMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love Old Fashioned Oats...the instant pkgs are too sweet for me. I add blueberries, bananas or a tiny amnt of brown sugar and milk. :flowerforyou:
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    NOT NOT NOT the instant crap
    If you get the regular one & mix equal parts oatmeal and water micro on high 3 minutes its perfect

sliced apple & a drizzle of honey or brown sugar

a handfull of frozen berries (BEFORE you mircowave) i like blueberries but mixed are nice too

when the summer comes some sliced fresh peach & honey or brown sugar
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It is my go to breakfast. I add a few raisins, almonds and cinnamon
  • Corivk
    Corivk Posts: 5
    Options
    Blueberries, banana and once in awhile a little brown sugar!