Larabars made at home!

Options

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    ok, I just did it!

I used 8oz chopped dates, and 2oz of Pecan Chips, mushed them all together with about a tbsp of water to help it be sticky,
    then I melted 2 squares of 100% cacao baking chocolate and mixed it with 100g of skim milk and 2 tbsp sucanat (organic cane sugar).

I lined the bottom of a rectangular tupperware with plastic wrap and spread the date mixture in, pressed tight, then spread the choco-mixture on top. wrapped the plastic the rest of the way around it and put in in the fridge so the chocolate could harden.:love:
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Just printed a no bake carrot cake bite that is date based,

http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2011/02/no-bake-oatmeal-raisin-carrot-cake-bites-html
  • ALLIDOISWINWIN
    Options
    Thank you! You just may have saved me alot of money. I am hooked on the peanut butter cookie ones.
    Can't wait to make my own.
  • cmisty2001
    cmisty2001 Posts: 59
    Options
    b
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    hope you guys have great success with them. We have loved every one we have made! :-D
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I bought my first Larabars this weekend. I can't wait to try out these recipes!!! THANK YOU!!!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Cool! This makes me VERY happy! I love Lara Bars!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Okay - I just made a half recipe of the chocolate babies, and wow - glad I didn't make the whole thing. Because I ate all but three bites of it, which my guys tried. So, for 775 calories, I had a snack that put me WAY over. My consolation is that they are very healthy.

I will definitely be making these for our hikes this summer.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Okay - I just made a half recipe of the chocolate babies, and wow - glad I didn't make the whole thing. Because I ate all but three bites of it, which my guys tried. So, for 775 calories, I had a snack that put me WAY over. My consolation is that they are very healthy.

I will definitely be making these for our hikes this summer.

yeah me too. My entire recipe was 1600 and I cut it into FOUR bars.... I ended up eating 3 of them. :ohwell:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Great, I've been thinking about making my own snack bars at home, so I'll definitley check these out.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what a "larabar" is but the thought of ANYTHING with pb&j is all good with me! Will have to try making these sometime! Are they very high in cals? Good after a workout?
  • Foxworth81
    Foxworth81 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oh what a great idea. I too love Larabars but never buy them because of the cost. Thanks for sharing!
  • 000angie000
    000angie000 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • MeganJo
    MeganJo Posts: 69
    Options
    I LOVE Larabars, I always stock up when they have the 10 for $10 sale. I think I have like 30 of them in my pantry right now! Thanks so much for sharing, I will definitely try making my own sometime =]
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    bumping for later..thanks! Sounds delish!
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Yum! Has anyone tried substituting for the dates? Not sure if that's even possible...:blushing:
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    Yum! Has anyone tried substituting for the dates? Not sure if that's even possible...:blushing:
    Why substitute? I did half dates half dried Cherries... that was tasty. :-D

Glad you guys are enjoying them. They are calorie dense... but we shouldn't be starving ourselves anyways.
    I usualyy make 6-8 bars and make them small enough to be 150-200 calories a each. :-D

enjoy!
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    bump
  • livs_mom
    livs_mom Posts: 37
    Options
    bump