Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bumpin
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Bumping this! I don't think I have tried one before, but I have been wanting homemade recipes for stuff like this. Something I can send to school with my teens so they can have some fuel after school before marching band practice.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    bump
  • art4fun69
    art4fun69 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this link. I love Larabars. I havent made these yet, but I have made the Clean Eating Coconut Balls (which are based on same concept) so if portion size is a problem maybe you could make like balls out of them instead of the bars and package them so that you can control the calories. I sometimes find if I port smaller things in little snack bags I wont continue to eat more.

Thanks again for the recipe site--I am a cookbook/recipe junkie, love to cook and bake and try to create new and healthy meals.
  • Jessifer123
    Jessifer123 Posts: 159
    Options
    Bumping for later :flowerforyou:
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Becca_007
    Becca_007 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Save some money and make your own!!!
    Here is a link to a page of recipe links for MANY different flavors of larabars. I made a couple cashew cookie bars tonight. They taste exactly the same! I am planning on doing a chocolate one next! And to mix it up, I may partially dehydrate some strawberries to add to the cherries in the PB&J one. YUM! Let me know if you try any and how they turned out! If you have never had a larabar or heard of them; They are bars that use dates for sweetening and there are very few ingredients. Cashew cookie has 2 ingredients: dates and cashews. :-D unprocessed goodness. Enjoy.

http://www.healthhabits.ca/2010/06/18/homemade-larabar-recipes/
    Thanks!:wink:
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    bump
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I have been meaning to try making my own bars, but just haven't had the time to mess around with it.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to try these. Might be too good for my addictive personality!

Edit: THese might be great for my kids school lunches. Hmmmm
  • earlgreygirl09
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!!! I live in CO so I am totally familiar with how yummy addictive, and kind of pricey Lara bars can be!

I can't wait to make them at home with my new mini food processor! :)
  • tikshapatel
    Options
    Hey all, I have no idea what Larabars are but these look amazing and I definitely want to try making my own. How are they when it come to calories? Anyone have any ideas? Obviously, I don't want them to push up my intake too much. Thanks!
  • LovinLifeChik
    LovinLifeChik Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • inge88
    inge88 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Had a quick look at work and looks easy and yummy. Will bump this so I can have a better look tonight~!
  • sara338
    Options
    Thank you! These sound amazing!
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    http://www.larabar.com/products Here's the website for those of you not familiar with what they are.

Thanks for the bump, nice to see this thread making another round!:heart:
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Hey all, I have no idea what Larabars are but these look amazing and I definitely want to try making my own. How are they when it come to calories? Anyone have any ideas? Obviously, I don't want them to push up my intake too much. Thanks!
    Larabars are made of mostly nuts so they are NOT low in calories. But nuts are a wonderful thing to keep in your diet. I am not a calorie cutter so I do not worry about that so much. My main focus is eating REAL food rather than processed. These are delish! You can make them whatever size you want to meet your calorie needs for a snack or something.