P90x - All I can say is WOW!!!

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    I forgot to drink my recovery drink today so I may be hating life tomorrow!
    I kinda pansied out today on Core Syn as well.

I need to be WAY better on diet if I want amazing pics...but I can tell things are tightening and toning all ready...Go fig.
    Oops- no more forgetting the recovery drink! LOL It's why Tony works out. LOL

Yeah for tightning and toning already in just one week!!! Just give it 90 days and then you'll see!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Yep week 5 CS&T is a MONSTER, those side to side pushups, plange pushups and plyo pushups almost made me gag LOL!!! Keep up the good work.

DONE! Yep, even though this is my 5th round, that one still gets me! Darn slow pushups... floor flys, slow motion, ouch! You're doing great also!

Jess
  • Yep week 5 CS&T is a MONSTER, those side to side pushups, plange pushups and plyo pushups almost made me gag LOL!!! Keep up the good work.

DONE! Yep, even though this is my 5th round, that one still gets me! Darn slow pushups... floor flys, slow motion, ouch! You're doing great also!

Jess

Oh I almost forgot about those bamas :noway:
    Yep that's the toughest of all resistance workouts for me. Still getting better at the pullups around 10 switch grip and nearly 10 reverse grip also.
  • I am quite over wieght and head strong so I get this idea and excitment about working out and I go hard to hard and well then ooops I over do it. So I am learning to go slow and steady and listen to my body, quite a chalenge for me.

• Sorry about the pain! Good job training for your 10K, I have one coming up on Sat. :wink: I love my P90X. I wouldn't say that I've had the most dramatic results, I've lost about 6 lbs and over 12". But my body looks a LOT better and I have real muscles! LOL No more back rolls, I have muscles.

My dh has been just doing the 3 weight workouts a week (he's a busy guy, that's about all he can fit in) w/ me and he's lost about 10 lbs and at least 2" off his waist. All of his jeans are too big and he's really put on muscle.

You have to be serious about eating clean also, just doing the workouts and not eating well will NOT give you the results you want. HTH! Ask away if you have questions!

Jess

I have been eating clean for about 3 years however I find that they want you to eat way to much food I gag to get it all in.
  • YOu can do it Christine, you just have to pace yourself. The pace not only prevents injury, but it also creates an atmosphere for success because we won't become burned out.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • jessmomof3
    I have been eating clean for about 3 years however I find that they want you to eat way to much food I gag to get it all in.

Don't force feed yourself, but do remember that you'll want to make sure you're eating enough to fuel your workouts and keep your metabolism up!!

Jess
  • Yep it's no problem for me, I can get my calories :tongue: The problem for me is getting the right mix of calories, which is where the MFP food log has helped me tremendously. You guys/gals pray for me, I want to do better with the diet beginning week 9 (Next Monday).
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    [/quote]

It's all about splitting it up, basically eating 5 mini meals. I did find some of their bf large, so would eat some before a workout and the rest after. Now I stick to oatmeal with some things mixed in, gets me to about 350 cals and holds me well.
  • carvan
    Yep it's no problem for me, I can get my calories :tongue: The problem for me is getting the right mix of calories, which is where the MFP food log has helped me tremendously. You guys/gals pray for me, I want to do better with the diet beginning week 9 (Next Monday).

Wow, week 9 already! Time sure flies! I have put my x on hold, am working out with a trainer who just about fried my upper body today (but I won't let him know it!) All moves were done on a stability ball or a bosu, so core and legs got a good workout. Hope I am in shape for Friday's lower body, though I may have to modify because of my hip.
  • jessmomof3
    Yep it's no problem for me, I can get my calories :tongue: The problem for me is getting the right mix of calories, which is where the MFP food log has helped me tremendously. You guys/gals pray for me, I want to do better with the diet beginning week 9 (Next Monday).

You can do it! Feel free to email me also if you need any help/ support! Take care.

Jess
  • I ordered the full P90x package this past weekend. I'll keep you posted on my progress when I get it.
  • carvan
    I ordered the full P90x package this past weekend. I'll keep you posted on my progress when I get it.

Congrats on your purchase! it is an awesome program, a good mix of workouts. I love it, hope you will too.

Carol
  • YOu can do it Christine, you just have to pace yourself. The pace not only prevents injury, but it also creates an atmosphere for success because we won't become burned out.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

O.K. This sounds stupid but could you explain more on the paceing when it is pretty well all spelled out for you. I REALLY REALLY have a hard time with paceing. Any wisdom will be appreciated.
  • Timmy Hoho's as we call it is the reason I need to exercise.... Damn those delicious iced capps!
  • carvan
    YOu can do it Christine, you just have to pace yourself. The pace not only prevents injury, but it also creates an atmosphere for success because we won't become burned out.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

O.K. This sounds stupid but could you explain more on the paceing when it is pretty well all spelled out for you. I REALLY REALLY have a hard time with paceing. Any wisdom will be appreciated.

Basically, until you are familar with the moves, don't lift too heavy and take your time. The last three reps should be difficult. So if you are working to 15 reps, you may start to struggle at 12, and those last 3 are hard. Once you get to 15 easily, then it is time to up your weights. HTH

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Basically, until you are familar with the moves, don't lift too heavy and take your time. The last three reps should be difficult. So if you are working to 15 reps, you may start to struggle at 12, and those last 3 are hard. Once you get to 15 easily, then it is time to up your weights. HTH

Thank-you for the advice. I will try it.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

A little step at a time is what I mean. None of us began walking out of the womb, it was a process. with p90x you'll hear Tony Horton say "Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was your body". When I say pace I mean make it a lifestyle and plan out your desired changes. When we decide we're going to lose the 60 lbs in a month that took us 10 years to put on, we're setting ourselves up for failure.

Our fastfood society of gastric bypasses (not saying it isn't sometimes indicated) and super diet pills that do the work for us (while damaging anyone one of our vital organs & leading to double recoup once we stop taking it) has cause this "I want it all and I want it now" mind set in very many of us (myself included). I'm learning from p90x it will take time to get where I want to be, it will take a lifesyle change.

You can do it!!!

God bless,
    Angelo
  • Glad things are working out for you Angelo! I'm going to start someday...when I get P90X!
  • A great way to some up the challenge and the enormous benefits from the challenge is to say that p90x is the ultimate exercise in delayed gratification! A likely quitter is one who needs instant gratification and isnt willing to suffer first for more than worth while health benefits later.

Anyone agree or disagree with that?