P90x - All I can say is WOW!!!

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Hi Tina! I recognize you from BB! Great work, girl!

Jess
  • tenaarnett
    tenaarnett Posts: 677 Member
    Hey Jess! I thought that was you!!! I have worked out with you before! Thanks for the comment! I am like you on Round 5 and still loving my P90X and BB and especially Tony!!! Are you a coach there? I have not wanted to do that yet. Maybe next year...

Tena
  • tenaarnett
    By the way Jess, what time do you workout? You can find me in WOWY at 6:00 pm CT Monday thru Saturday... Would love for you to join me if you can...

Tena
  • jessmomof3
    By the way Jess, what time do you workout? You can find me in WOWY at 6:00 pm CT Monday thru Saturday... Would love for you to join me if you can...

Tena

It varies! If I run, I'm in there around 5AM CT, if I work out w/ my hubby at night it's around 4:30PM.

Yep, I'm a coach, have been for over a year. What are you waiting for, girl?? You look awesome!

Jess
  • tenaarnett
    Hey! Tonight I did P90X Plyometrics and had an AWESOME workout! I did not have a dry spot on me! I burned 606 calories in that 1 hr workout! I just love that feeling!! Tomorrow I have Shoulders & Arms and I do ARX w/extra abs. The extra abs are using the pull-up bar and ab slings on it and I do ab work on my Ab Tower.

Well, I hope everyone had a great day and excellent workout today. Have wonderful evening and great nights sleep.

Tena
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Hmmmm I am definetly interested, but might not be an *ideal* candidate just yet (60+ lbs overweight). I DO workout 3-4 times a week, but that's mostly cardio on the orbiter, plus some strength on the circuit.
    Are there any url's you could give so that I could take a look?
    Mucho thanx, and good luck, keep us posted!

I purchase the program need loose 60+. The program is intense but even a beginner can do it. I had not worked out in over 5 years and struggled the first week but loved every minute of it (if that makes sense). Unfortunately, I suffer from knee and back pain so I had alter which DVD's I use for awhile but I still see results. Don't let the program scare you away it's intense but ease to follow.

The program can be found on the beach body website and it sells for $139.80 with tax which can be broken down in to 3 monthly payments. The chin-up and push up bar, plyo and/or yoga mat and HR monitor are sold separately and can be purchased at a later time. I hope this helps and good luck on the new life style
  • I really believe great minds think alike, this morning after I finished legs and back I looked at the log and thought, man I could combine workouts and only do one set to incorporate the entire body. Jess, get out of my head please.

Thanks

You know it!! :laugh: How are you doing now, have you finished up your round??

Jess

Yep finished round 1 and need to post results. Now my workout is as follows:
    Day 1 chest, arms, shoulders (1 set each to fatigue or very close) in the am
    Day 1 cardio in the pm (treadmill or ellipical - will encorporate swimming, running, sprinting, racquet ball and boxing)

Day 2 legs & back in am
    Day 2 cardio x or cardio of some sort from day 1

Day 3 kenpo in the am
    Day 3 - pm off due to bible study

Day 4 repeat day 1 am
    Day 4 repeat day 1 pm

Day 5 repeat day 2 am
    Day 5 repeat day 2 pm

Day 6 (usually Saturday) Plyometrics in am only

Day 7 stretch x

This will be for (3) weeks (which ends Friday) and I'll post recovery week and 5-7

Thanks again and keep up the encouragement.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    "Come on dude, dude, keep pushing play! Is that a bent leg? Talk to 'Blam' and she'll help you with 'one of the kids'":laugh: :bigsmile: . I hear ya, but I'm defineyly getting results too. Done Phase 1, but the diet part hasn't been good, so I need to keep at that. He's an amazing trainor anyway. Keep us posted.
  • tenaarnett
    Hi Everyone! Tonight I did P90X Shoulders & Arms and did Ab Ripper X with extra abs. I had another great workout! I raised weights on most moves and reps on others. That is just a great feeling! Tomorrow I have Yoga X.

Can't type much tonight. I live in Oklahoma and we have tornado warnings all around us. Need to shut the computer down for the night.

I hope everyone has a great nights sleep and excellent workout tomorrow.

Tena
  • tenaarnett
    Hey Everyone! Sorry I did not post last night. Last night I did P90X Legs & Back workout. It was the BEST Legs & Back I have ever done! I had a personal best and did (both rounds combined) 32 unassisted chin-ups. My max prior to that was 10! I have never been able to do an overhand unassisted pull-up and I did 6 wide front pull-ups, 9 closed grip overhand pull-ups and 8 switch grip pull-ups, all unassisted! I was so pumped up and excited at my accomplishment, that I immediately called my Coach. She was screaming along with me with excitement. It was definitely an AWESOME workout!!!

This morning, I just finished 1 on 1 Killer Abs. I am to do Kenpo Cardio+ today but plan to do that this afternoon as my 7 yr old grandson Chandler is coming over for the weekend and that is his favorite workout! He would be mad if I did it without him. He loves the jumping gladiator move!

Well, time to get dressed and ready for him to arrive. I hope everyone has a great day and excellent workout!

Tena
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Hey Angelo!!

Im happy to report that I have completed P90M and I will beginning the X on 11/17/08:bigsmile: ! The Master Series was good I got some decent results. I am looking forward to taking my fitness to the next level when I Bring It with the X! How is things going on your end?

Steph
  • Ready to start on Jan 1 with my Girlfriend. I have the disks now and I just bought the "Iron Gym" pullup bar for the both of us for Xmas. Anyone use this one before? I hope that it is OK. Anyways, wish us luck.
  • tenaarnett
    Hey Everyone! Well this week, I am in Phase 3 Recovery Week. This will be the end of Round 5 on the X. Tonight I did 1 on 1 Road Warrior! It was a great workout! I burned 436 calories in that one hour workout and really felt the burn in my arms, chest and back. Tomorrow I am doing the brutal 1 on 1 Plyo Legs. I just love that workout and burn in your butt and legs!!!

Congratulations Steph and Joey for starting the X. It is tough but so well worth it. If you follow the program Tony set out in the book, and eat clean, the results will come and you will be amazed! If you have any questions on it, feel free to ask. I am veteran on the X. I started on the X in August 2007. Within 6 months, I went from a size 14 to a size 5. I continue to see results as in muscles popping and ripped abs. I have added the P90X+ and the 1 on 1 workouts he comes out with every month. There is no plateau due to the way the program is layed out. There is muscle confusion which accounts for results. You just continue to add heavier weights and push even harder. Do not be discouraged if you cannot keep up with Tony and the gang at first. That will come with time and patience.

Tena
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Thanks Tena! I can't wait to get started!

:noway:

Hey Everyone! Well this week, I am in Phase 3 Recovery Week. This will be the end of Round 5 on the X. Tonight I did 1 on 1 Road Warrior! It was a great workout! I burned 436 calories in that one hour workout and really felt the burn in my arms, chest and back. Tomorrow I am doing the brutal 1 on 1 Plyo Legs. I just love that workout and burn in your butt and legs!!!

Congratulations Steph and Joey for starting the X. It is tough but so well worth it. If you follow the program Tony set out in the book, and eat clean, the results will come and you will be amazed! If you have any questions on it, feel free to ask. I am veteran on the X. I started on the X in August 2007. Within 6 months, I went from a size 14 to a size 5. I continue to see results as in muscles popping and ripped abs. I have added the P90X+ and the 1 on 1 workouts he comes out with every month. There is no plateau due to the way the program is layed out. There is muscle confusion which accounts for results. You just continue to add heavier weights and push even harder. Do not be discouraged if you cannot keep up with Tony and the gang at first. That will come with time and patience.

Tena
  • tenaarnett
    Hey Everyone! Sorry I haven't been around but I got hit with a stomach virus. I was fine all day Tuesday and then on the way home my stomach starting twisting and knotting up. I got home and changed and put the 1 on 1 Plyo legs in. It was brutal and ugly. I would do one exercise, pause lay on the floor, get back up and do it all over again. I got to the last 3 and finally just shut the dvd player off. That is when the throwing up started. I was in bed ALL day yesterday! It was awful. I have not been sick like that in over 10 yrs.... I lost a whole day!!! Of course, I could not workout last night! This morning I felt fine but the weirdest thing, I have a rash from my neck to right below my breasts. It is awful and I cannot figure out where it is coming from! The men I work with think it is the Starkist Tuna Lunchkit I had on Tuesday and it is a reaction. I don't know if that is it, but you will not see me eating any more tuna for a long time.

Well tonight I have Yoga X. That should feel good....

Tena
  • Well this week has been pretty sorry, lot of distractions and miscalculations with the alarm clock have hindered my workouts. I'll be back on track next week however. Can't get slack my best day of reverse grip pullouts was 16 :noway:
  • tenaarnett
    Good Morning Everyone! Last night I did Kenpo Cardio +. I had an AWESOME workout! I definitely left it all on the floor! I burned 432 calories in that 45 minute workout! I really love that workout! This morning I am finishing my Recovery Week with something alittle different. I plan on doing the Jillian Michaels Shredder, all 3 segments.

My coach finished working up the next Round of P90X, Round 6. It looks brutal but with alot of variety. She planned the weighted workouts following the P90X classic and worked in alittle 1 on1, P90X+ and other stuff on the cardio days. Should be an excellent Round. Tomorrow is Rest Day and Round 6 starts on Monday!

P90X Dude: Sorry you week was not so good... This week will be better. I just know it! :wink:

Well, I hope everyone is doing great and pushing play every day!

Tena
  • tenaarnett
    Hey Everyone! Well this morning I did the Jillian Shredder, all 3 workouts! It was excellent!!! I burned 714 calories! Then I took a shower, ate lunch and headed out to start my Christmas shopping. I was surprised the stores were so packed but I was by myself and took my time and was gone 4 hrs with ALOT of walking!!! I am pretty darn worn out!

Tomorrow is my regularly scheduled Rest Day and I plan to do just that!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day and excellent workout today!!!

Tena
  • Tena who is your coach? Sounds like they have it together pretty good!!!
  • jessmomof3
    Well this week has been pretty sorry, lot of distractions and miscalculations with the alarm clock have hindered my workouts. I'll be back on track next week however. Can't get slack my best day of reverse grip pullouts was 16 :noway:

Wow, 16??? That's amazing!! WAKE UP! (did it work?? :laugh: )

Jess