what's your goal?

Options
tjradd73
tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
Hey there...just a question for all of you lovely MFPers?? What is your height, and what is the goal weight that you are shooting for?

The closer that I get to my goal (112lbs) the more that people shake their finger at me and tell me that I should be stopping right now (currently 136lbs). I am 5'3" and would like to lose another 24lbs.

So I would like to know what y'all are shootin for!!

thanks everyone :)

Replies

• JackieJ13
    JackieJ13 Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I'm shooting for somewhere in the 150's.
  • prettypinkposh
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I'm shooting for 120. I can relate to you Tara- people are constantly telling me I should stop now. However, you have to do what feels good to you- after all, it's YOUR body.

Excited to watch your journey! :)
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    A healthy weight is contingent on your age and height. I'm 5'4" and have been told for my height 129 is a healthy weight. I am leaning more towards 135 to 140 because of my age.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I'm gunning for a size 11-13. I'm not caring so much about the weight because I lift weights and such. I care more about how many inches lost as opposed to pounds :)
  • ShiloughCoy
    Options
    5"1 and currently shooting for 135-140, which people also tell me is "too skinny". This statement usually comes from women and I figure that, loosely translated, it means "if you were thin, I think you would be prettier than I am". LOL
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    Im 5' 8" and Im shooting for low 130's again. :)
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I'm shooting for 140 pounds....if I didn't have so much to lose I'm sure I would have set an even lower goal weight though. I just remembered that I weighed that in college and I was happy w/ the way I looked then.
    I think you look great now and could totally stop, but I wouldn't shake my fist at you if you want to keep losing. Go for it and good luck reaching your goal weight!
  • Hartbarney05
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and would be ecstatic if I got back to my pre-marriage weight of 170 but once I get there I'm sure I'll want to keep going. Ultimately though I'm looking for how my clothes fit.
  • SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and just surpassed by goal weight of 132lbs (I currently weigh 131.6 lbs)....I would really love to reach my secret goal weight of 130lbs but am now on maintenance calories and am sticking to them!!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Just shy of 6 feet and shooting for 160-170.
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Can boys play too? :tongue:

6' tall and shooting for 10% body fat which should be somewhere in the low 190's. After that I'd like to stay at 10% and get back up to 200 lbs.:happy:
  • RPNKA
    RPNKA Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm 5'2" my current goal 130 starting weight was 194. I have loss 25 pounds so far in my journey. Hope to get to 130 and reassess then!
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" and the ideal weight for my height is 110lbs I have not weighed like that since I was 20 I'm shooting for 130lbs for my 30th birthday in November....I'm halfway there but once I get there I think I'll shoot for the 110lbs....if I can also have a healthy BMI...
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and goal weight is between 150-175 - waiting to hit 175, then I will see how I look/feel and if I want to keep going or go to maintenance. Ultimately want to be size 16 or smaller - tired of plus size, not as much cute stuff!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Well, in all actuality, I originally aimed for 120.
    Then I realized that might look bad on me.
    Then I set my goal to 140.
    Now it's just whenever I am happy with my appearance.
    Like a size 5, I'd be happy.
    As long as I looked healthy.
    I'm still thinking like 130.

And I'm 5'6"
  • peytjalmom
    Options
    A BMI in the healthy range, 25 or below. For me 6ft:184lbs.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    5' 9" I used to be 5' 10" but I seem to have lost an inch after my accidents... I would be comfortable around 175 - 180, I used to fight at 178
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and my goal is 125, but I think if I ever get there (I'm sorry, WHEN I get there!) I'll probably re-assess and possibly try for 115 (all depending on how I feel). My boyfriend told me he wants me to stop around 140 because any lower and I'll have no "meat" but I disagree!
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and am shooting for 140.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and am shooting for 140-145, or whatever weight I can fit a size 8 comfortably at