6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge, WEEK 3

Options

Replies

• CappyDM
    CappyDM Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey Gang:

I am sick of this weather! Winter was long enough and I am really itching to get out for some serious riding. I need to start logging more miles in prep for RAGBRAI. I caved and brought the bike inside tonight so I could spin for a bit on the training stand but it just not the same (or as fun)!

So here's the numbers for the week so far:

Monday:
    45 minutes of elliptical
    30 minutes-walking
    60 minutes-circuit training

8 glasses of water

Tuesday:
    45 minutes-elliptical
    30 minutes-walking
    15 minutes-lifted weights standing on bosu
    30 minutes-bike on training stand

9 glasses of water

Keep up the good work everyone!
    Jenn

Wow--Ragbrai? I'm impressed! Do you do the whole week?

Things going ok on my end. Starting off Friday morning with 175 minutes still to log for the week. BUT no work today, so it's time to get off the computer and get to cleaning and exercising. Yesterday was a day off, so really ready to get busy today!
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Here is my results for Week three, Day five
    I did 39 minutes of walk/run intervals and burned, per my HRM, 628 calories
    I did 41 minutes on the elliptical and burned, per my HRM, 656 calories

I am already at my 18 glasses of water for the day so there will be more

I have done 438 minutes of cardio, 92 minutes of strength, and 39 minutes of other for a total of 569 minutes so far this week

I am really burnt out this week and it has me frustrated. My daughter and grandson got here for Easter weekend, last night, so over the last three days I have also done three hours of carpet cleaning, washing dogs, striping beds and washing sheets/comforters, a lot of extra cooking, grocery shopping, and tons of other cleaning. I think all of the extra stuff has really burned me out. Plus, today, it is snowing/raining, AGAIN, and it has been dark outside all day long. BUT, I have kept PUSHING MYSELF to get in my workouts and to feel good about it.
    Here is my results for Week three, Day four
    I did 30 minutes of the elliptical and burned, per my HRM, 576 calories
    I did a 47 minute elliptical class and burned, per my HRM, 760 calories

I have 18 glasses of water to drink so far today

I have done 358 minutes of cardio, 92 minutes of strength, and 39 minutes of other for a total of 489 minutes so far this week

Here is my results for Week Three, day three
    I did 39 minutes walking the dog and burned, per my HRM, 373 calories
    I did a 40 minute session with my trainer that was half and half strength/cardio and burned, per my HRM, 704 calories

I have had 18 glasses of water, thus far, but more to follow

I have done 242 minutes of cardio, 92 minutes of strength, and 39 minutes of other for a total of 373 minutes so far this week
    Here are my results for Week Three, day two:
    I did 55 minutes of running, with walking inserted in at times, burned, per my HRM, 775 calories
    I did 30 minutes of the elliptical and burned, per my HRM, 536 calories,
    I did a 52 minute muscle pump class and burned, per my HRM, 529 calories

I have drank 18 glasses of water so far, but am parched and willd drink more

I have done 222 minutes of cardio and 72 minutes of strength for a total of 294 minutes so far this week.
    Here are my Week Three, Day one results:

I did 60 minutes of walk/run intervals, this morning, and burned, per my HRM, 708 calories
    I Roller Skated 33 minutes, this afternoon, and burned, per my HRM, 508 calories
    I did circuit strength training for 20 minutes and burned, per my HRM, 202 calories
    I did a 44 minute kettlebell class and burned, per my HRM, 616 calories

I am at 17 glasses of water, so far, but am still drinking.

I have done 137 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of strength training.

Hope everyone is PUSHING THEMSELVES and rocking this day one of week three!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

Wow--Ragbrai? I'm impressed! Do you do the whole week?

That's the plan....the lotto results will be out on May 1st so fingers crossed that I get a weeklong pass. I already have my rooms booked across the state.

So here's my numbers for Friday:
    100 minutes-cycling--bike on the stand (hopefully one last day of this)
    30 minutes of walking
    8 glasses of water.

Hope everyone had a great Friday!
    Jenn
  • BRFMcKay
    BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Well, I did my 3.5 hours of farming yesterday (60 minutes for 600 calories.)

I was so sore today, but COULD HAVE worked out. Well, it's Good Friday, service was 1.5 hours long, I had major shopping to do & going to work (where I am now.)

Let's hope tomorrow I will get something in! Still gotta go to work, though.
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Day 19

Cardio: 125 mins
    28 mins - Get running (wk1 run3)
    52 mins - fast walking
    45 mins - coaching soccer

Week 3 Totals: 264 mins/Cardio; 30 mins/Strength; 45 mins/Other= 441 mins

Next to last paper submitted! Only one more before I graduate (only a 27 year ordeal!)!! So excited to be done!

Happy weekend everyone!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Good evening all! At some point the "winter" in the middle of spring that we have been experiencing will hopefully change to spring -- although I have a feeling we will just be skipping spring and going straight into summer. Tuesday we got 10 inches of snow... again!

Today my intention was to run the overpass route backwards... except I got lost. Instead of giving up I found myself on a challenging hilly trail run! I managed to make it 8 miles today... best time ever for 8 miles as well, even with all the hills!

Monday: 4 mile run + 1/2 P90X CST (1230 calories)
    Tuesday: 30 minutes Plyo X (270 calories)
    Wednesday: REST DAY
    Thursday: 40 minutes Yoga X (280 calories)
    Friday: 8 mile hilly trail run (1860)

= 3640 calories
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to post yesterday. Friday 70 minutes 12 8 oz glasses.
    We dyed eggs with not to many miss haps. Older son's second time(1st he was onlt 4wks) he spilled the blue and we had a blue kid for a few days! Hehe can laugh now. The baby just has some orange fingers and tried to eat the eggs with the shell, we peeled one he wasn't fond of it. Our dog loved his egg like always!

Know today most likely I won't get to much more exercise in so 60 minutes. Will up date tomorrow morning. Another busy day.

Tracie hope you feel less burnt out as you enjoy playing with your grandson. Kids make everything better.

Good job everyone keep going!!!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I also didn't get to post my results yesterday.
    Here is my results for day five, week three.
    - I did one of my Fitness walks for 40 minutes and according to my MFP, I burned 268 calories.
    - My strength training lasted for 15 minutes and according to MFP, I burned 57 calories.
    - I only got in 6 glasses of water.
    Total: 55 minutes. 40 minutes is cardio and 15 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week three progress:
    Total Weekly Minutes: 219
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 172
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 47
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 34 glasses

chickadees total 6 week progress:
    Total Challenge Minutes: 1090
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 810
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 295
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 144
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Here is my results for Week three, Day six
    I did 35 minutes walking the dogs and burned, per my HRM, 350 calories
    I did 32 minutes roller skating and burned, per my HRM, 318 calories

I have drank 12 glasses of water, so far today but will get in several more.

I am only going to count today's roller skating as other because I was doing it while pushing my grandson in his stroller. So, it wasn't intense roller skating. He sured had fun and was giggling the while time as one of dogs ran ahead of us.

I have done 438 minutes of cardio, 92 minutes of strength, and 106 minutes of other for a total of 636 minutes so far this week

I have done 438 minutes of cardio, 92 minutes of strength, and 39 minutes of other for a total of 569 minutes so far this week

I am really burnt out this week and it has me frustrated. My daughter and grandson got here for Easter weekend, last night, so over the last three days I have also done three hours of carpet cleaning, washing dogs, striping beds and washing sheets/comforters, a lot of extra cooking, grocery shopping, and tons of other cleaning. I think all of the extra stuff has really burned me out. Plus, today, it is snowing/raining, AGAIN, and it has been dark outside all day long. BUT, I have kept PUSHING MYSELF to get in my workouts and to feel good about it.

I have done 358 minutes of cardio, 92 minutes of strength, and 39 minutes of other for a total of 489 minutes so far this week

I did a 40 minute session with my trainer that was half and half strength/cardio and burned, per my HRM, 704 calories

I have done 242 minutes of cardio, 92 minutes of strength, and 39 minutes of other for a total of 373 minutes so far this week
    I did 55 minutes of running, with walking inserted in at times, burned, per my HRM, 775 calories

I have done 222 minutes of cardio and 72 minutes of strength for a total of 294 minutes so far this week.

I did 60 minutes of walk/run intervals, this morning, and burned, per my HRM, 708 calories
    I Roller Skated 33 minutes, this afternoon, and burned, per my HRM, 508 calories
    I did circuit strength training for 20 minutes and burned, per my HRM, 202 calories

• emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Good evening all! I was going to take a rest day... but everyone pushing themselves so hard made me wanna bring it. I am hoping to be able to run in the morning, although I am still nursing a blister so Im not sure about that yet.

Tonight I did P90X Back and Biceps and made it through the whole video... :)

Monday: 4 mile run + 1/2 P90X CST (1230 calories)
    Tuesday: 30 minutes Plyo X (270 calories)
    Wednesday: REST DAY
    Thursday: 40 minutes Yoga X (280 calories)
    Friday: 8 mile hilly trail run (1860)
    Saturday: 60 minutes P90X Back and Biceps (200 calories)

= 3840 calories

Tomorrow ends the Lenten Scale Diet ... nervous!
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Here is my results for day six, week three.
    - My strength training lasted for 7 minutes and according to MFP, I burned 23 calories.
    - I only got in 5 glasses of water.
    Total: 7 minutes. 0 minutes is cardio and 7 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week three progress:
    Total Weekly Minutes: 226
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 172
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 54
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 39 glasses

chickadees total 6 week progress:
    Total Challenge Minutes: 1096
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 810
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 302
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 149
    Bright side, my ticker now says 14 lbs to go!
  • sherrillg
    Options
    Day 20

Pretty much a rest day. I have a sore foot (had surgery in Jan) that needed just a bit of a rest after Fridays run. Took the girls to TWO egg hunts and shopping. Was walking (not so briskly) for about 4 hours so I guess I did do something! I'm only going to count 60 mins of Other.

Almost half way!!!! Way to go everyone!

Week 3 Totals: 264 mins/Cardio; 30 mins/Strength; 105 mins/Other= 501 mins

PS - wore a pair of pants today that had previously been too tight!!! :happy:
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Reporting in for the week, I didn't get to the 500 minutes I wanted but maybe will get there this week.
    Cardio- 440 minutes
    Strength- 30 minutes
    Total minutes- 470
    Calories burnt- 4208
    Got all of water in each day.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    562 total minutes for the week. Will add if I get to exercise more today. At least 8, 8oz glasses a day, but usually 12.
    Happy Easter!:flowerforyou:
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    I feel horrible that I didn't make my goal. I have two huge events, and a contract job plus helping my husband get ready for a craft show. My house and my workouts have suffered for sure. I did well at the beginning of the week but it feel apart quickly. I was just under 2000 cals burned. I will try and push myself harder next week but am afraid with the time involved I'm going to have a hard time. I am going to wear my HRM and see and will see if I can find a pedometer to use, as the event spans 4 parks in two city blocks so I'm going to be curious to see what I burn doing that. :)

You are all pushing so hard and logging such great success. Keep it up. It's awesome!

Have a great week. :)

B
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Here is my results for Week three, Day Seven

I did 128 minutes of walking, today, and burned, per my HRM, 1231 calories

I have drank 15 glasses of water so far today

I have done 438 minutes of cardio, 92 minutes of strength, and 234 minutes of other for a total of 764 minutes for the week and the total caloreis burned this week was 10,098
    Here is my results for Week three, Day six
    I did 35 minutes walking the dogs and burned, per my HRM, 350 calories
    I did 32 minutes roller skating and burned, per my HRM, 318 calories

I have drank 12 glasses of water, so far today but will get in several more.

I am only going to count today's roller skating as other because I was doing it while pushing my grandson in his stroller. So, it wasn't intense roller skating. He sured had fun and was giggling the while time as one of dogs ran ahead of us.

I have done 438 minutes of cardio, 92 minutes of strength, and 106 minutes of other for a total of 636 minutes so far this week

• TracieJ65
    Options
    Happy Easter, one and all! 65 and beautiful here for us today! Can you believe, everyone, that the end of week 3 is here, and that we are half way through out challenge??? WOW

You have all had another fantastic week, and a fantastic three weeks so far. What a great commitment you have all made and are following through on, even if you don't quite make the goals/requirements. Being here, being committed to the challenge, and working it to the best of your ability every day is just great.

I look forward to the rest of everyone reporting in today.

Let's have a strong finish to our last half of this challenge! Way to go, keep it up!
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone!

I have decided that mother nature must know my schedule and decides to only give nice days when I am completely unable to get out and ride...today would have been perfect to ride but I was stuck with family. Saturday was cool and windy so I did not get nearly enough time in on my bike. Thankfully this challenge does not track our food, as I really enjoyed the big Easter dinner.

Saturday
    125 minutes-cycling. I had hoped to get 4 hours in but after 2 hours, I was freezing and called it a day. Rode just over 25 miles so I am well off my pace.

Sunday
    23 minutes-running (which is shocking as I never run)
    18 minutes-walking

Not sure on my water for either day....sorry. I drank a lot on Saturday with the riding but no so much today. Will try to improve that for next week.

Total for the week: 791 minutes and 135 minutes of that was strength training. According to MFP, that burned 6885 calories. I have been really bad about wearing my HRM (or starting it)

Hope everyone has a great week!
    Jenn
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I know I didn't make it this week. My laptop's about to go dead. So I'll post my results tomorrow but I do think I'm short timewise. I've had such a busy weekend. Happy Easter everyone!
  • sherrillg
    Options
    Day 21 - Happy Easter!

Cardio: 30 mins - Wii Free Step w/8" step

Strength: 37 mins - My Wii Fit program: various yoga, strength, stretches

Week 3 Totals: 294 mins/Cardio; 67 mins/Strength; 105 mins/Other= 568 mins

Made my personal goal of 550mins and I definitely upped my Cardio this week!! Very happy with myself! Thanks AGAIN Tracie for doing this!!!