Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge! :)

Options

Replies

• looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Haha..thanks JD! It will be a bit easier after my last final tomorrow.. I dont know if we should cut the group off at any point..I dont want to exclude any HP fans, but since we are kinda doing a competition maybe we should? idk..what do you guys think? Should we cut it off after this Sunday's weigh in or just let it keep going?

Think the decision is totally up to you, Uno.

I've joined challenges before, that run for several weeks and end up being one of only 3 or 4 still posting!!!! So although, you have loads now, some may drop out.

It all depends how much extra work it places on you and the other Heads of House.

I'm all for it being kept simple:bigsmile:

LouiseXXX
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    ATTN HEADS OF HOUSES:

When calculating your house’s weight loss percentage, take the number of pounds lost in the past week and divide it by the total original weight of your house (from the previous Sunday). Then multiply that by 100.

The next week, you do the same thing using this weeks weigh in. We only want the percentage of weight loss from the past week, not starting from week 1 so we know each week how we did. :smile: Good luck everyone!

Thanks Uno!
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this, huge HP fan. Hope the Sorting Hat gives me a fun house! :D

SW: 260
    HP GW: 245

On a totally unrelated note, your tardis ticker is awesome!!! I have envy!

Haha thanks! Also, looks like I'm House Hufflepuff, yaaay!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Uno i think you deserve a large drink or a week long sleep or both after this sorting is done! thank you for doing it all :drinker:

Haha..thanks JD! It will be a bit easier after my last final tomorrow.. I dont know if we should cut the group off at any point..I dont want to exclude any HP fans, but since we are kinda doing a competition maybe we should? idk..what do you guys think? Should we cut it off after this Sunday's weigh in or just let it keep going?

I think it would be more fair as a competition to cut it off after this Sunday. It would be sad for the other fans, but they could always branch off and start their own. You can only do so much, ya know?
  • tiffanymariebrock
    Options
    totally in! i love harry potter!
  • tiffanymariebrock
    Options
    im in! put me in my house please:happy:
  • wheelieblade
    wheelieblade Posts: 323
    Options
    Hi can I join? please not slytherin, please not slytherin, please no........
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    Wheelieblade and tmsweatt - I need your start weights to sort you!
  • minniebee
    minniebee Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd like to join if that's still okay? :) I'm 5'2 with a starting weight of 164.2lbs. I am a huge HP fan and would love to be a part of this!
  • UnoDiamante
    UnoDiamante Posts: 356
    Options
    Harry Potter post of the day:

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
    "harry let the tears fall, his lips pressed hard together, looking down at the thick snow hiding from his eyes the place where the last of lily and james lay, bones now, surely, or dust, not knowing or caring that their living son stood so near, his heart still beating, alive because of their sacrifice and close to wishing, at this moment, that he was sleeping under the snow with them."
    - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  • chubtub
    chubtub Posts: 3
    Options
    If I'm able to join in too that would be great, thanks!
    My SW is 192.4
    I don't mind what house I'm in, Ravenclaw if possible please!
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to join! Please let me know if I still can. :)

SW: 179
    Height: 5'4"

I'd love to be in Gryffindor... but any house is fine really.
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    First of all Uno you are awesome for putting so much work into this. Its definitely up to you when you want to cut this off but it'd probably make sense to cut it off at the next weigh in, at least to make it easy on you and so that the competition doesn't get too confusing. ya know?
  • thetigerzeye
    thetigerzeye Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi can I join? please not slytherin, please not slytherin, please no........

BUT SLYTHERIN IS THE BEST! ^_^ lol I ABSOLUTELY <3 Slytherin ^_^ but if you must be in another house.... sheesh lol jk
  • Claire739
    Claire739 Posts: 114
    Options
    hi can i join in to?

my starting weight is 184lbs
  • AnoukDoutyBatya
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Love to join too!
    I'm 5"10 and currently weigh 170 lbs
    Want to loose about 20 lbs!

Count me in in any house :)
  • sundance2032
    sundance2032 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Uno i think you deserve a large drink or a week long sleep or both after this sorting is done! thank you for doing it all :drinker:

I know I'm not a head, but I think we should cut it off after the Sunday, it keeps the houses about 30-40, perfect for keeping track and getting to know each other. Also it will be better for all of the heads, you wont have to keep changing your charts and you can enjoy it.

Just a thought
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    @thetigerzeye haha they can say what they want, theyll know fully well what their missing!:) mwahha
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    ...a Harry Potter internship in England...

what is this!? do tell!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. Like, really I do. I recently got the Deathly Hallows symbol tattooed on the inside of my forearm (not lying lol)....I started my weight loss goals on May 1st without even knowing about this thread. Rock! I am serving in a wedding in Oct. so July 14th (because let's be honest, I'm going to the Midnight showing) would be a "mini goal" for me. I'm IN!!!

My favorite Harry Potter character is Snape. BEFORE the world knew he was 'good', I knew it, I swore by it and J.K. did NOT let me down lol. YAY HP!