Got a dumbbell? I dare you to try this!!

Options
Hey folks! I'm sharing this fantastic workout I found via Bob Harper (Biggest Loser). It's great to do when you're pressed for time, can't hit the gym, or just want to mix things up. And don't be fooled by the simplicity - it is NOT easy! Give it a whirl and let me know what you think! Happy sweating :)

Aim to complete one entire circuit all the way through, moving from one exercise to the next as quickly as possible with little to no rest (it should take you about 25 minutes). Work up to completing the circuit three times without resting.

Skaters
Cross your right leg behind your left leg as you bend your left knee into a half-squat position. Extend your left arm out to the side, and swing your right arm across your hips (a). Hop a few feet directly to the right, switching the position of your legs and arms (b). That's one rep. Continue hopping from side to side, without pausing or resetting your feet, until you’ve completed 30 reps on each side.

Single-Arm Hang Snatch
Hold a dumbbell in your right hand with an overhand grip, and bend at your hips and knees to squat down until the weight is just below your knees (a). In a single movement, bend your arm, raise your elbow as high as you can, and try to raise the dumbbell toward the ceiling as quickly as possible (b). Allow your forearm to rotate up and back from the momentum, until your arm is straight and your palm is facing forward (c). Return to start. That’s one rep. Do 20 reps, then repeat on the other side.

Burpees
Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your arms at your sides (a). Push your hips back, bend your knees, and lower your body as deep as you can into a squat, placing your hands on the floor in front of you (b). Kick your legs backward, so that you’re now in a pushup position (c). Quickly reverse the movement to return to the starting position. That’s one rep. Do 50.
Make it harder: Instead of kicking your legs straight back, work your obliques harder by kicking your legs out to the right, then the left. Alternate sides with each rep.

Prisoner Squats
Stand with your feet hip-width apart and place your fingers on the back of your head, pulling your elbows and shoulders back and sticking your chest out (a). Lower your body as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees, keeping your torso upright and your core tight (b). Pause, then slowly push yourself back to the starting position. That's one rep. Do 50.

Mountain Climber
Start in a pushup position with your arms completely straight and your body forming a straight line from your head to your ankles (a). Lift your right foot off the floor and slowly raise your knee as close to your right elbow as possible, without changing your lower-back posture (b). Return to the starting position. That's one rep. Repeat with the other leg, and continue alternating until you've completed 25 reps on each side.

Weighted Turkish Getups
Lie faceup with your legs straight, holding a dumbbell in your left hand with your arm straight above your chest (a). Keeping your eye on the dumbbell the entire time, roll onto your right side and prop yourself up on your right elbow (b) and place your left foot flat on the floor (c). Push yourself into a kneeling position (d), while keeping your arm straight and the dumbbell above you at all times, and stand up (e). Once standing, reverse the movement to return to the starting position. That’s one rep. Do 15, then repeat on the other side.

Lunge Jumps
Stand with your feet together, arms bent by your sides, and lunge forward with your right foot (a). Jump straight up off the floor, swinging your arms forward, switching legs in midair, like a scissor (b). Land in a lunge with your left leg forward (c). That’s one rep. Continue alternating back and forth with each repetition until you’ve completed 25 reps on each side.

T-Pushup
Get in plank position and lower your chest toward the floor (a). As you push back up, lift your right arm off the floor and straighten it as you rotate your torso to the right until you're balancing on your left hand and your right hand is pointing toward the ceiling (b). Return to plank position. That's one rep. Do another pushup, then rotate to the left. Continue alternating until you’ve completed 15 reps on each side.

Workout and photos can be found at:
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/bob-harper-0

Replies

• Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • srast
    srast Posts: 17
    Options
    Ugh!! I did HALF of one of his 1hr workout videos and nearly died quarter-way through! My friend and I waddled for two days and avoided stairs at all cost. I did love knowing it must have been effective if I was THAT sore!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Look forward to trying this! I'll let ya know how bad it hurts me! ;-)
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have all of his Inside Out Method videos and they're all great workouts! THe Yoga one is so relaxing but has some difficult moves. I don't do yoga much so I can't really compare it to anything. The Pure Burn Super Strength is intense. This man LOVES squats!! The Body Rev Cardio Conditioning is great also and I do it regularly! I love him and Jillian!
  • mona24523
    mona24523 Posts: 100
    Options
    cant wait to try
  • kimberlyAjohnson
    kimberlyAjohnson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • annastacia10
    Options
    bump. Definitely want to copy this workout down when I have more time. I've been doing circuit and want to add some different exercises so thank you for sharing these!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Would it work with kettle bells?
  • Soooze
    Soooze Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Must try it! Thanks!
  • dublvision2
    Options
    bump
  • lisagetsfit
    Options
    Bump
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Would it work with kettle bells?

For sure, especially since I'm pretty sure, traditionally, cleans and snatches are either done with Olympic bars and kettle bells :)
  • danksj
    danksj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    Jillian Michaels does the same things in her Banish fat Boost Metabalism video minus the one with weights!!!!!!:wink:
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I love womenshealth .... bump for later
  • MissNicholas
    Options
    bump
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HealthierIn2011