Being treated better by men........

Options
1235»

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I find when I am podgier men ignore me, and when I am thinner they are rude (or obscene). I prefer the ignoring, actually. Women are definitely nicer when I am thinner, and when I wear make up and brush my hair too.
  • beautifulnow
    Options
    women are just as shallow as men...I am not "hott" but I have always been with freakin sexy guys! You are what you believe you are ;)
  • Slimithy
    Slimithy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I actually had an inverse story in grad school. I told a professor I wanted take the Foreign Service exam to work in embassies overseas. He said, "Rob, you're very smart and will do great on the test, but you won't get past the interview." I was flabbergasted; I always thought I interviewed well and carried myself with a certain dignity, particularly when talking about my first love, politics. When I asked him why the interview would be a problem he pointed to one of the girls we were teaching (I was his grad assistant and helped teach his classes) and said, "Rob, the first and most important job of someone at the embassy is to be the face of America, and the State Department only wants the pretty faces..." Keep in mind this is not someone who was trying to put me down, the professor had been a mentor of mine for years and is a large part of the reason I went to grad school. He is right though, a pretty face with a bright mind is treated very differently than a brilliant mind and an ugly face. They say politics is show business for ugly people, yet it's still the prettiest of the uglies who tend to win...
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would throw it out there! Women can be shallow too so let's not put down the guys! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!