60 lbs in 60 DAYS!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    As someone who has lost weight quickly and slowly i can assure you its a struggle and for ME (I speak only for myself) Slow and steady has been the only thing that works. I was 430 pounds at 17. I was the youngest person in my state to have the gastric bypass in 2000. I went from 430 to 290 in less than a year, my hair thinned, i was sick and had "dumping syndrome" and lots of side effects that outweighed the benefits.The new attention for my weight loss was different and i went from invisible to slightly attractive. I was overweight but i felt better about myself and i truly believe if you feel beautiful you are. I went through a traumatic event at 18 and i began binge eating as a way to hide. I didnt want any attention from men and i began a cycle of eating and stretching my stomach out. This is kind of hard to type. So, it took about a year and by the time i was 20 i was 350+. I didnt weigh myself and just acted happy and to be honest it was nice to feel normal again. My hair was healthy again and i wasnt throwing up anymore, i could eat an average size meal. I still have pretty bad anemia but i can manage that and my color is completely back. I was in my brothers wedding as a size 26-28. I worked at lane bryant and i was squeezing into those 26's... My dad introduced me as the prettiest fat girl you will ever meet and i lost it. I was so sick of hearing that i had a pretty face. It was like a half compliment. there was always a "but...." lingering. What it all comes down to is how you feel and i felt sad. I started therapy and dealt with what happens to 1 in 3 women and started treating myself with kindness. It has taken me 2 years... 2 years as of may 9th to lose over 150+ on my own with diet and exercise. It has been slow and steady. I went through a back injury which kept me from working out hard for 4 months (bulging disc from a patient falling on me...and osteo-arthritis, which they said is from being so overweight for so long) All of these setbacks aside, I am so happy right now. I am in a size 14! I never would have believed it. I would like to be a 10 or 12 but my excess skin is a problem. I have learned to accept it. I sometimes get sad when i see women in dresses with nice arms and beautiful legs, I look down at my gladiator calf muscles and my flabby arms and i think " these legs carried 430 pounds for a long time, and they carry me now. They are exactly how they should be" My arms still give me some anxiety but they are part of me. Take it or leave it. Slow and steady will always win the race. Because on the long journey to health you learn to love yourself.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It's very good to hear you're back on the road to health and learning how to love and respect your body. It's such a hard thing to do sometimes, but so worth the effort. Congrats on your progress and keep fighting the good fight.

Thank you again. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,090 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    bumping

LOL@ your tapir
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Yep, it's time to bump
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    As someone who has lost weight quickly and slowly i can assure you its a struggle and for ME (I speak only for myself) Slow and steady has been the only thing that works. I was 430 pounds at 17. I was the youngest person in my state to have the gastric bypass in 2000. I went from 430 to 290 in less than a year, my hair thinned, i was sick and had "dumping syndrome" and lots of side effects that outweighed the benefits.The new attention for my weight loss was different and i went from invisible to slightly attractive. I was overweight but i felt better about myself and i truly believe if you feel beautiful you are. I went through a traumatic event at 18 and i began binge eating as a way to hide. I didnt want any attention from men and i began a cycle of eating and stretching my stomach out. This is kind of hard to type. So, it took about a year and by the time i was 20 i was 350+. I didnt weigh myself and just acted happy and to be honest it was nice to feel normal again. My hair was healthy again and i wasnt throwing up anymore, i could eat an average size meal. I still have pretty bad anemia but i can manage that and my color is completely back. I was in my brothers wedding as a size 26-28. I worked at lane bryant and i was squeezing into those 26's... My dad introduced me as the prettiest fat girl you will ever meet and i lost it. I was so sick of hearing that i had a pretty face. It was like a half compliment. there was always a "but...." lingering. What it all comes down to is how you feel and i felt sad. I started therapy and dealt with what happens to 1 in 3 women and started treating myself with kindness. It has taken me 2 years... 2 years as of may 9th to lose over 150+ on my own with diet and exercise. It has been slow and steady. I went through a back injury which kept me from working out hard for 4 months (bulging disc from a patient falling on me...and osteo-arthritis, which they said is from being so overweight for so long) All of these setbacks aside, I am so happy right now. I am in a size 14! I never would have believed it. I would like to be a 10 or 12 but my excess skin is a problem. I have learned to accept it. I sometimes get sad when i see women in dresses with nice arms and beautiful legs, I look down at my gladiator calf muscles and my flabby arms and i think " these legs carried 430 pounds for a long time, and they carry me now. They are exactly how they should be" My arms still give me some anxiety but they are part of me. Take it or leave it. Slow and steady will always win the race. Because on the long journey to health you learn to love yourself.

Thank you so much for your story! You are truly an inspiration!
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Just found this post - thought it deserved a bump! Great, concise information.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I wanna bump it tooo!!!!!!!
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    I wanna bump it tooo!!!!!!!

Ok :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Bump
  • ccwicks
    ccwicks Posts: 39
    Options
    Bump
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Here's the funny thing-I clicked with the intention of chewing out whomever might be pushing a "60 lbs in 60 days" diet scheme!

Nicely written. I'm sure folks will be helped!

Kris
  • EmmaR31
    EmmaR31 Posts: 184
    Options
    Great thread!
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Interesting perspective: You have made some points that do hit home. However, I believe that each person has different thresholds of tolerance, endurance, and motivation which you do not take into account when talking about weight loss. It is a personal choice hopefully one that someone does not enter into lightly. Proper research and setting goals that are reasonable and attainable is preferrable to just a sign up and let's see what happens mentality.

What I do find that is disturbing on this site is women (and men) who obviously have poor body image desperately trying to lose weight when they are already in a healthy zone. That I have seen and it is sad but for those of us who have done our research do not feel the need to be preached at.
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump! great thread!! Thanks for sharing!
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump! great thread!! Thanks for sharing!
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Bump
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Bump