so what does thin feel like?

Options
I've heard that saying "nothing tastes as good as thin feels". For those of you who have reached (or almost reached) your goal, what does it feel like to be thin? Is the saying true?

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    it feels like FREEDOM!!
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    It feels like lots of energy, being able to take physical and mental challenges much easily, and you are very aware of your body... how it reacts to food, etc. ^_^
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I don't like that phrase, because so many things that are healthy taste SO DAMN GOOD! No one should ever feel like they're missing out.
  • khinojos1
    Options
    This might be silly but what does bump mean?
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It feels like a whole new world is open to you....and I will say in the begininng I felt like nothing tastes as good as It would feel to shop in that store....but now a days its hard to rmember that...lol..
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Thin feels like when I was in college and I could eat anything I wanted. Thin is being in your 20s and not yet in your 30s (age does make a difference as to how you lose/gain weight).
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    From your pic you look thin already. Just sayin, you look nice. I am almost to goal and it is euphoric! I just can not wait to start seeing muscle definition and the beauty that comes with a fit body.
  • October1234
    Options
    Im nealy at my goal, but whoever said that quote, hasnt had a good old irish tayto cheese and onion crisp sandwich.

I know thats a quote often used by people with EDs on various pro ana/mia websites. have to say i wouldnt agree with it!!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    The self confidence you get is amazing. You feel like you can accomplish anything! I agree though - healthy stuff is yum, yum, yum! Sometimes, you just have to retrain your taste buds!
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    Thin feels surprising. It's a surprise when you go to buy your normal clothing size and it is suddenly too large : )
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Lies. All lies. Most of one's favorite foods still taste delicious. And thin feels... pokey. No more padding to rest yourself on. You can feel your bones more, and muscle. AND YOUR SHOE SIZE CHANGES!
    I'm not thin by any length yet, but 80 lb loss is giving me a realistic idea of what my goal weight will feel like.
    Fact.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Im nearing my target now and still some more toning to do.But I tell you what feels/tastes really great is the success that each and every person that supports you or you support has as they move nearer their target.This is such a great site,that I never think of it as just my battle but more like we are all in it together.

Good Luck and best wishes in achieving your targets...:smile:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Yes, it feels wonderful. But, it is nice every now and then to have a 'cheat day'.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I don't know about using the term "thin" because I personally feel it sounds like there's no substance...I prefer the term "fit." That said, being fit feels great. I'm able to perform daily activities with [MUCH] more confidence than the astronomical sense of confidence I've had since I wasn't fit. Dangerous addition to someone who already has delusions of grandeur, but damn it, it's true.
  • rljohnson11
    Options
    Thin feels like the rush of happiness and accomplishment you get from doing a good workout and staying green on your MFP Diary!

On a more shallow side, thin feels the smug feeling you get when someone compliments you on how GOOD you look, or your husband calls you the "Hot Wife!"

Oh, bump is used to keep the topic in the recent posts on the message boards so people can find it easier...
  • KyleJCooper
    KyleJCooper Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    To me the best thing about it is that it gives me the energy to want to be even more in shape than I currently am! It's the opposite of a vicious circle, and I love it! :)
  • LauriinSB
    LauriinSB Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 24 to an 8, 175 lbs lost. Believe me, it feels amazing!!!!!!!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    it feels like FREEDOM!!

Ditto, and a pep in your step, an extra shot of confidence - like adding espresso to your coffee.
    Mind you...THIN is a Relative term, but just knowing you are "getting" to your weight/fitness/health goals makes Me feel FREE!
  • Amie_46
    Amie_46 Posts: 60
    Options
    It feels like a peaceful harmony between eating, exercising, and energy. The mind frame is no longer one of constant anxiety related to binging or compulsive over eating.

Its hard work, but worth it, because I know what it is like to be bigger, and I now know what it is like to be smaller, and smaller truly is better.

Good luck :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!