so what does thin feel like?

Options

Replies

• Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's so much the thin that is great, but rather becoming healthy. I was already "thin" by most people's views, but felt unhealthy. Now that I am closer to my goal, I feel better. I have more energy. Even when I am exhausted I still feel like I have enough energy to run around the block a few times. I also have stopped some asthma meds that I no longer need because my lungs have become more healthy. So don't associate that great feeling with being someone's standard of thin, associate it with your body feeling healthy.
  • hopenfaith2009
    Options
    For those of us who can relate:
    Going to the amusement park and not worry if you'll fit on that ride.
    Going on a plane ride and not worry about being uncomfortable for 2 hrs in your seat.
    Being healthy and fit to me, means more happy times with my kids and a longer life.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite there yet, but I bet it feels SEXY!!! :love:
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mrs_mouse
    mrs_mouse Posts: 24
    Options
    For me, this one is really motivating, although I don't necessarily take it literally...

I think maybe a more accurate one for me is "Don't give up what you want most for what you want right now"... source anyone??

I'm still going to eat those delicious things, and savor them, and find them JUST as delicious.... but in moderation. Just because when I walk past the cupcake store I REALLY want a cupcake, I can't let that short-term craving get in the way of my long-term goal, which is to lose weight and get healthy!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I hate that saying. :laugh:

I've been skinny, thin, average, chubby and now I'm working my way to fit, healthy and strong. There are NO foods that I love that I'd give up to be thin, and the great thing is... I don't have to! As long as most of my food choices are good, I can eat whatever tasty morsel I want.

Black dragon sushi, a bacon double cheeseburger, chips and queso, ice cream cake, and milk chocolate all taste way better than skinny feels. I didn't like skinny. Skinny felt weak. I felt better chubby than I did skinny.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    :happy: its such a good feeling. clothes that fit, compliments, confidence, your life back.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I don't like that phrase, because so many things that are healthy taste SO DAMN GOOD! No one should ever feel like they're missing out.

agreed
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Well having lost my excess baby weight,i feel so much fitter and healther. Im more into toning now and getting some muscles. My fitness level is a lot higher and my asthma is under control. Plus a lot of healthy stuff is fab, you just have to experiment with food. Nothing is off limits if u account for it :-)
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    well I'm not thin!
    BUT I can tell you that chips and junk food, don't taste at all as good as having lost 175lbs!
    I always thought that was bull crap..but its not No was can chowing down on my fav junk/binge food compare to knowing I can walk into a regular clothing store and being able to buy what ever, to being able to climb stairs and not get out of breathe.
    So yeah that feels better than a pizza binge or ice cream indulgence..its worth the sacrifice
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    And thin feels... pokey. No more padding to rest yourself on.

Hilarious! truth is always good.
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    This is interesting to read. :)

BUMP
  • pinme13
    pinme13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well Im not there yet, but I have been in the past and it does feel good to be thin but I also enjoy comfort foods from time to time. I wish we could all have both :)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Nah other things feel way better than being thin!!:bigsmile:
    what does feel good is not hiding in the drive thru of the mcdonalds and going inside every week and eating without feeling guilty or ashamed!!
    and looking better every week I go!! :laugh:
  • johnrossmckay
    johnrossmckay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    the saying is wrong. most of the time a large pizza feels better than being in shape.
    good thing you can have both.

scientifically its all about the endorphin release
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I've heard that saying "nothing tastes as good as thin feels". For those of you who have reached (or almost reached) your goal, what does it feel like to be thin? Is the saying true?

Reese's Oreos taste far superior to how thin feels.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    And thin feels... pokey. No more padding to rest yourself on.

Hilarious! truth is always good.

And that definitely is true. Sometimes, I still hit my ribs or hip bones on random things because I'm not used to bone being there (well, bones always been there, I'm just not used to knowing it's there). In the past, my cushy fat would protect me from the pain of hitting my hip bone on the carseat when I get in my friend's car. Now I hit it, and I'm just like..

"OW"
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    As I've never been thin I have no idea.

But I do know food is delicious- so I make room for being fit and delicious food. because- well bacon.

and beer.

and chocolate.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Here's what HEALTHY (I don't like using the word "thin") feels like:

1. Taking a physical at 45 years old and being told by your doctor that your blood pressure, cholesterol, and the rest of your numbers look great.
    2. Being able to carry groceries (or anything else that needs carrying) up three flights of steps without being winded.
    3. Taking one's measurements (inches and body fat) and realizing that you haven't been this healthy in over 20 years.
    4. Not having to wear layers of clothes to disguise that you are overweight (It's very, very hot here in the south for 6-7 months a year).
    5. Being able to eat a couple of snacks without people looking at you and thinking "That explains why he's overweight, look at what he's eating."
    6. Sleeping comfortably through the night (easy to sleep when not sporting a double chin).

That's just a few of the things I could think of off the top of my head.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!