so what does thin feel like?

Options

Replies

• Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm not thin (yet?) but definitely slim and I had NO idea that it would feel this good. And an even better motivation to keep going with what I'm doing
  • mamacremers
    mamacremers Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    How about looking at it this way.... We get a temporary high when we eat something we like. But that something is usually not good for us and helps us gain weight, thus being fat. then when we're thin, we feel better, look better, get lots of compliments, etc. The good feeling/high lasts much longer than that temporary high we get from eating whatever we wanted.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Thin is loving the mirror. It is being able to do new things, or do old things better. It is knowing you can try on clothes and know they will fit. It is awesome. But I do still love food :drinker:
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    This is actually a Kate Moss quote from an interview she did for a magazine once. It's a nice thought, but is that what we're here for? Just to be thin/skinny? I'm here to be healthy. I want to look and feel toned and active, and that is what will make me feel good. And I plan to eat foods that taste good during the journey AND once I've reached my destination.
  • chazspk
    chazspk Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    What a class question ....Bump:laugh:
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'd like to add, that reaching the goals you set for yourself and being "in control" of your urges and body (as much as one can be) and making healthy decisions (instead of self sabotaging) is really what's to be celebrated...the product of effectivly practicing all of that is being, yes thinner, but also happier, healthier, more active person.
  • peteyTwang
    peteyTwang Posts: 250
    Options
    ENERGY
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake platter...........like hello!!!!!!!! totally tastes better than thin feels! I have mostly been thin (well my definition of being thin) my whole life I am now 5.6 and weight 176lbs but I just had my 4th child 3 weeks ago so I'm happy and would be delighted to lose 20lbs...thats my goal. When I was younger I did not appreciate the thin body I had because it was just who I was and I didn't feel I needed to appreciate it but now well now its all about appreciation. I appreciate that I am fit and healthy but if I was told I was going to die in a few weeks I would buy 200 cigarettes and a cheesecake platter and just smoke and eat cheesecake among other things of course :)
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    I always used to say that I was miserable being overweight, but happy eating, and if I was going to be miserable about something I'd rather be miserable because I was hungry and happy with the way I look. It is hard to remember sometimes, but let me tell you, I bought my first size small dress the other day and it was the most amazing feeling ever!
  • JenniCH
    JenniCH Posts: 74
    Options
    I understand but don't like the specific quote very much so I changed it to "Nothing tastes as good as being HEALTHY feels"
    I don't think anyone should have the goal of being "thin" -- but instead should have the goal of being healthy... but to each their own.
    For me, being HEALTHY (which yes includes being a hell of a lot "thinner" than I used to be) means that I am free to focus on OTHER things in life that make me happy, besides food. I am free to move, run, dance - whatever I want without ANY limits. I am free to smile, talk, and laugh without feeling like I am being judged for being "fat"
    Being healthy feels like I've been given a FRESH start, a clean slate :)
  • farabovepearls
    farabovepearls Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Reaching your thin makes you feel like you're in control. :happy:
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Blissful confidence...I can't wait to get back there. It's about not freaking out when someone whips out a camera. It's about running with the kids and not feeling anything move that isn't supposed to. It's about knowing that you're maximizing your chances to see your kids grown and spend as much time as possible with your grandkids...or great grandkids.

That said, healthy food tastes great...really, really great. Eating responsibly isn't about eating sticks and twigs for the rest of your life. It's about not putting artificial junk in your body, enjoying rich, sweet indulgences occassionally and consistently moving your body.
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    I like substituting "thin" for "healthy" too! I've been at both, and let me tell you, being emaciated and gross was not a good feeling. I think it was actually worse than being plump. Healthy and lean was definitely the best feeling ever.

Like other people said, in control, unstoppable and basically like a constant high. Whoo we'll get there!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Im nealy at my goal, but whoever said that quote, hasnt had a good old irish tayto cheese and onion crisp sandwich.

I hear ya lol
  • Aruba08
    Aruba08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    confident and sexy (from what I can remember...lol)
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    This might be silly but what does bump mean?
    Bump marks it for you so you can get back to it later.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Being healthier (and thinner) for me has meant power in all the ways that power can be understood:

Physical power -from all the workouts I've become stronger and faster, and I feel more energetic.
    Emotional power -I'm more cheerful, happier, generally in a good mood, and totally psyched about the mirror and new wardrobe possibilities!
    Intellectual and creative power --I am more knowledgeable about food (and exercise, but less so since I've always been pretty active) now after learning about food, more knowledgeable about my body, and I've become a more creative cook and more creative in my variety of workouts.
    Social power --my more positive attitude affects my social presence positively, and who can deny that thinner people (especially women) generally have more social power? It's a sad but true fact of our society.

I think that my success, however modest, has also directly and indirectly inspired others to make changes. It's important to use this power to help everyone achieve the best self he/she can.

But there is a little bit of a scary side to what thin feels like, a kind of grim reaper hovering over my scale (no, not like how an anorexic would feel!): what came off within 2.5 months can go right back on if these are not legitimately lifestyle changes. It feels a little like being on the edge and wondering how long that feeling will continue before these lifestyle changes really take firm root and the edge recedes.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I have heard nothing tastes as good as wearing skinny jeans feels too.

But when I look back at old photos, even when I was young and 'thin' my own self image did not allow me to appreciate it (I was fit then too). Wish I knew then what I know now (about how great I really looked). Self image plays a huge part - so work on that too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!