When I Was Little, I Thought

Options

Replies

• whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    that cats eyes were activated by a leprachaun called paddy that used to travel on the front bumper of the car during the day but run ahead turning them on at night, his mate mick used to travel on the back turning them off after we'd gone past.

and that spider ears were in their legs, cos my grandad told me that if you clapped your hands they would run away, but if you pulled their legs off and clapped your hands they didn't because they couldn't hear you clapping, the truth didn't dawn on me for many many years lol
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Because of the phrase "skeletons in the closet" that there were skeletons in the closet! I couldn't sleep unless the cupboard door was fully closed. But the monsters under the bed would probably have got them.
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I thought my mom literally talked with God.
    When my brother and I were little, she would sit us down and say if you confess to me who did this bad thing, I wont punish you. But if I have to ask God, you're going to get in trouble. If neither of us confessed, she would turn around and act as if she was asking God who did it. One of us would then usually yell out our confession lol.

I also thought I could fly. Bc I would jump from the couch to the chair. And of course, that space in between was flying XD
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I was also convinced that I was going to marry David Letterman until I was like 10. lol
  • Pretty_n_Pink
    Options
    I thought that salary was the same thing as celery.

I thought that a witch sat outside my bedroom window every night and watched me sleep. I would never let my mom open my window at night b/c the witch would come and get me (I don't know why, but it was real to me).

I thought that if I hung my legs/feet over the bed that a monster would grab me and pull me in, so needless to say I always jumped into and out of bed. My mom kept asking why I did this and I just said "cause".

I thought that there were thousands of video cameras placed all over and that the people on the other side of the world were watching us (don't have any explanation for this one).

My baby sister thought that if she ate twinkies her boobs would get bigger (she thought this cause I told her, hehe):laugh: Because of this she ate a whole box one day and got sick, my mom found out and I got in trouble. :ohwell:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I thought that people that had a street light in their front yard had a switch inside to turn it on at night haha

I wondered how the same person could be on two different shows on TV!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I swore the water from the bathroom sink was WAY better. I also thought I was adopted, my sister told me I was and being the only blonde in my brunette family I completely believed it.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I thought mustard on bread with a tiny bit of sugar sprinkled on it was good.
    I thought my house was haunted
  • JBRENTLINGER
    Options
    I thought when I looked at black and white photos, that back then the world was black and white.

When my older sister said I was shrinking, I really thought I was going to shrink down to the size of one of her Barbie dolls. LOL

That superheroes were real.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I thought pineapples grew on trees.

I thought that if I wished hard enough, I could turn my bike into a horse.
  • Flocker1979
    Options
    That my pet albino mouse's red eye glowed at night, and he was evil at night.
    Turns out it was just the radio tower light blinking in through my window, and reflecting off his aquarium. I was terrified every night for a long time, though! :blushing:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I thought when I looked at black and white photos, that back then the world was black and white.

When my older sister said I was shrinking, I really thought I was going to shrink down to the size of one of her Barbie dolls. LOL

That superheroes were real.

I asked my Dad if he dreamed in Black & White:laugh:
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I used to think the world was black and white because of Nick at Nite.

I used to think Niagara Falls was shut off at night.
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I thought the song named "Downtown" was only for people who lived near Cleveland, Ohio. That was the only downtown I ever knew of. haha I still laugh when I hear that song.

I also used to think that if i bounced my leg while eating (a habit of mine), that I would burn off all the calories I was eating. I remember my dad laughing when I told him my awesome theory. Man I wish that were true!!
  • samantharae121205
    Options
    -that there were bugs on the floor when it was dark.
    -lepracons were real.
    -days were longer.
    -that mom wouldnt find my food if i put it in the dish water. lol.
    -that pregnant ppl feed their babys thru their belly button. hahaa. :)
  • C_Bran
    C_Bran Posts: 254
    Options
    ....that JAWS could get me in my bathtub..........not the shower, just the bathtub.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If I flapped my arms hard enough or wore loose enough fitting sleeves that I would fly.

That I would be sucked down the drain if I didn't get out of the bath tube when the plug was pulled.

That women became pregnant by what she ate.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    that the sign in the grocery store that said, "Free, Take One" meant the closest item on the shelf, NOT the flyer beneath it.

When I was five, I stuck a can of cream of mushroom soup in my pocket and took it home. When my mom found it, she asked me and I told her...the sign said Free, take one, so I did....:blushing:
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    That when I threw a fit because my PB was on the bottom bread and the jelly was on the top; My mom actually went to make me a new sandwhich... all she did was go to the kitchen and turn it over.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I used to think if you held a dandelion up to your nose and your nose looked yellow, it meant there was enough butter in your diet.

That my mom's boobs would fall off after she had my sister because she wouldn't need them anymore.

That if I slept with both my arms covering as much of my pillow as possible, spiders wouldn't crawl on my bed while I slept.

That there were velocirapators hiding in my basement, or able to jump on me from my friend's sky-light during a sleep over (this was when Jurassic Park was released).

Here's a deep one for ya: What if....instead of the wheels of your car moving, they stayed still and just rotated because the EARTH was moving....