When I Was Little, I Thought

Options

Replies

• mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    that there was such thing as a "banana worm" .. my dad told me once my banana had a worm in it being a smarty pants (the black down the middle if it's too ripe) :(
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    That a shower curtain rod would hold my weight while I spun around on it!:)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    That I could actually catch fish from the ditch that was between our yard and the road after it rained. I lived in a very, very small town and the ditch was no where near a river or lake.

That when my mom said spring (or any other season) was just around the corner I thought I could look around the corner of the road and see it.

That if I dropped my baby brother, his head would pop like a balloon.
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    That snow melted to milk (lived in Katy, Tx - no snow)
    That I would get pulled into the toilet when I flushed if I didn't jump out of the way
    That my dolls "watched" me at night - sometimes I had my mom turn them around at night time
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Thought I could jump off the roof using a bed sheet as a parachute.

Didn't work out as I had imagined it would.
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    That if i squinted really hard, thought hard enough, and held my hand in front of me like Darth Vader, the cup would lift off the table on its own.

That Eddie & the Cruiser was a real band and Eddie Wilson faked his own death.

That bad things happen when you step on cracks.

That basketballs caused warts on your hands. I was in wrestling. I was good. My coach and parents told me the warts I had on my hands removed were caused by playing with a basketball. Basketball and wrestling season are the same time of year. Took me a while to figure that one out. I'm ashamed to admit a good while.
  • Whippy107
    Whippy107 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I thought a politician that I met one time put beer in my Coca-Cola .. and I still have my suspicions. :indifferent:
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    ....that animals really spoke like us, just not around humans b/c they didn't want to be sensationalized.
    Also, same goes for toys, dolls, and stuffed animals. As long as they had mouths, that is.

(And I confess, I am not altogether sure I was wrong. :wink: )
  • wey1983
    wey1983 Posts: 109
    Options
    That my parents really were just "wrestling" :blushing:
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    That my parents really were just "wrestling" :blushing:

hahahhahaah funny!
  • TurtleCrush
    Options
    My dad always told me it was barking spiders when he farted. "See, there goes those barking spiders!" LMAO!!!!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I believed I could truly dig a hole to the other side of the world to see China...and that fire ants were my friends.
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My dad always told me it was barking spiders when he farted. "See, there goes those barking spiders!" LMAO!!!!

So did my dad. Still does. Weird.
  • ashley_jorah
    ashley_jorah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I thought no drinking and driving meant you couldn't drink anything. I thought the action of drinking while you drove was the dangerous thing.
    I didn't understand about alcohol.
    My parents sure did laugh at me when I started crying because daddy wouldn't stop 'drinking and driving.'
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    In the early 80's I thought my mom was going to die. That was when the AIDS epidemic first became news to my 3rd or 4th grade brain. There was also a diet aid (chocolate flavored wafers) that were called Aides. Mom would eat them...I just knew she was going to die!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I used to jump over the cracks in a sidewalk because that's where I thought the worms crawled out of when it rained.
    I ducked when we drove under a railroad bridge, when a train was crossing because my mom told me it might fall on us.

For a few years after seeing King Kong, I would have a nightmare that I would see him coming across the field, and he would come right for my apartment building, for our 4th floor apartment, and for my bedroom window to reach in and grab me.
    This went on multiple times.
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    bump for later
  • FrankyOsage
    FrankyOsage Posts: 275
    Options
    Bumping!

Also, bracelet was bracelick until I was in high school. Breffast is still breffast, just for stubborness. And I didn't know it was pronounced "breakfast" until I was in college!!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I thought Mr Rogers and all the sesame street people lived in my TV.
  • Ashbee1224
    Options
    The 12 days of christmas song " My true love gave to me" ...part was... "My TULIP brang to me" :)