Shorties - anyone under 5'3"??

Options

Replies

• jbmusic1988
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal weight I am shooting for is 130. I've gotten down to 125 before and looked pretty thin but thats just me. I have a lot of muscle.
  • OliveLucas
    Options
    I'm 5'3", I set my goal at 110 lb, I'm not really sure if it's a very good goal, so I will do some adjustment when I get down to 120 lb.

I read a diet book long time ago (can't remember the book's name), it suggested women 100 lb for 5', then add 5 lb for every inch. With this suggestion, 115 lb will be ideal for me, but I will see how I feel when I get down to 120 lb.
  • Marjorielk
    Marjorielk Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet 0 inches and my original weight was 185 pounds. I am trying to lose 50 pounds and then I will re-evaluate. So far, I have lost 17 pounds, since the end of January. I know this is slow, but I figure, so long as I'm losing.... :), I'm happy. It would be really nice to have another 10 down by summertime. My ideal, according to charts is between 105 and 115, if I remember correctly.
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    5'1.5"..my current goal is set at 120 lbs. But I know that my REAL GW1=135 lbs, then GW2=125 lbs. Once I get to 125, I'll see if I want to lose more.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I use to be 5'3". I am suppose to weight less than 120 pounds, but if I did I'd look too thin. So, I am going for 130 and see what I think when I get there. Only 7 more pounds to go and it is taking forever.

Jeannie
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11 and have had weight issues almost my whole life. I am shorter in the torso (not by much) than my legs and being the slightest overweight can give me love handles. I am fortunate that I'm not big chested for this would make me look bigger even if I was at a decent weight, well proportioned for the most part other than overweight. My goal is 115 for that is where I felt the healthiest. In high school I was 98 pounds but too thin and sick looking. 115 gave me decent curves, well proportioned, and healthy, I was happy.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I"m 5 ft 1 1/4 and currently at 135, which is by far the most I have ever weighed in my life except for when I was pregnant.
    I just turned 40 and am bummed that suddenly I can't just eat whatever I want and expect to burn it off. : ( My goal at this point
    is to lose 10 pounds but I have been working out very diligently at the gym for over 8 months and have not lost an ounce. But I
    definitely have toned up. I had three kids and three c sections so I I have a bigger belly and am pear shaped so there's alot
    more fat on the back of my legs and butt and hip area than I used to have. I definitely have a bigger butt too, which I would like to keep, just tone it up so I can squeeze it into jeans better.
    I was sick a couple of years ago and lost a whole bunch of weight quickly...I felt weak and miserable and was down to just above 90 pounds...never want to be there again!! Much better to be strong and feel well. If I ever can get to 125, I hope to maybe get to 118 as that's where I was for years and felt good there. Gone are the days of 110, which I was for most of my 20's and early 30's.
    Hoping that tracking what I am eating on MFP helps me to finally lose a few lbs as I am sure I was eating way too much after working out. It's hard being shorter as it's hard hiding any little belly at all. : (
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    My goal is 140, but I'm half an inch under 5'3"

I like this - I always say I am 5' 2 1/2" - from now on I am going to say "half an inch under 5'3". Love it!
  • KTGator
    KTGator Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm 5 feet and aiming for 105. I was 99 lbs in college with no muscle whatsoever, so I'm thinking with a healthier lifestyle, 105 will be a good weight for me.
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just hit 129 today; goal was approx 125. Pre-kids, I hovered 115-118. I have always had the athletic build so my focus now is to lower my bodyfat and tone up. I neglected myself for way too long...barely eating for years but gaining weight. I am slowly recovering and a perfect example of how the body burns muscle when you don't eat regularly. Thank you so much for the feedback. I feel beter about my new goal. Seems realistic and healthy. My body is my temple now. I eat constantly and make much healthier choices.
  • springfling
    Options
    Looks like there are a lot of shorties out there! I'm 5' 1 1/2 " tall. The least I weighed was 105. I was 20 then. Now at age 51 I am looking at getting to 130 and then going from there. For my age and being medium boned that is within range for me but I think I'd like to be a bit less. Age and bone structure matter. Have you done the wrist test? Take your middle finger and thumb and wrap it around your wrist at the smallest place. If your fingers touch without any space left you are medium boned. If you can't touch fingers together you are larger boned and small boned if you have room left after touching fingers together. Not sure how accurate this is but it appears to be helpful.
  • redhead91
    redhead91 Posts: 251
    Options
    I'm 5'2" - 5'3" and I'm aiming for 140, but I have to say my UGW is 130. We'll see ;)
  • Blushing_prin_cess
    Options
    Im 5ft 1.5in. They say I should weigh 116lbs. When I left high school I weighed 165 and I was in top shape. I was a swimmer. I am looking for a goal of 180. I think 15 pounds from my high school weight is good. I am not looking to be skinny or bone thin. If I weighed 116 I would look absolutely horrible in my own eyes. I want curves! I am 35 pounds from my goal I originally started out at 280. I have come a long way. And dont plan on letting a general weight classify me.
  • mumma2boyz
    mumma2boyz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Do any of you feel weird talking to other women (say at work-i'm participating in a biggest loser comp started last week) about your weight loss and goals? I feel like some people think im crazy amd would die to be my size. What they don't realize is at 150lbs before; I felt gross...I have worked hard to be here, but I still feel guilty when im standing around with women around 200.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and my goal weight is 115 . .. I'm about 5lbs away as of my last weigh in which was last Friday. Hopefully tomorrow I will be a pound or so closer! :D
  • stacygeorge
    Options
    I am 5' 2 and currently at 123.0. My goal is 120. I love to be around 115 but am starving there. Go with what feels good and health to you.
  • t1981
    t1981 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and hoping to get to about 130, and after that I'll see if I want to lose another 5-10 pounds. I don't really want to get below 120- I like my curves :)
  • brooke_g0501
    brooke_g0501 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2 & I'm 110 right now, & my goal is 103-105!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean and just because I am not obese doesn't mean I feel good about being slightly overweight.
    And it is ALOT harder to lose the weight when you aren't really overweight but working out hard and frustrating to
    not see any progress.
  • SandyKG
    SandyKG Posts: 4
    Options
    I am 4'11"........I am currently at 195 and I'm trying to get down to around 120 - 125. Will see how I feel after that as to whether I try to go any lower.