Replies

• MeggieMae22
    Options
    Remember Ladies, you're not short, just Fun Sized! =P

:) I like that.
  • jessie_03_17
    jessie_03_17 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This will actually be my first post on this site, but I am glad I found this topic! I am 5'3'' and I am aiming for 135-140 lbs. When I was in high school I weighed 145 lbs, and was very fit and active. I believe that 135-140 lbs is my personal skinny range, I think it would be extremely difficult for me to get down to and maintain anything less. Hopefully we shorties all hit our personal goal weight! Looking forward to all the support on this site!
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and going for 100 pounds. I have been around 105-115 since I was about 20 years old, my heaviest was 118. I had a decade or so where I was between 95-105 (backcountry ranger). I am working on eating better (more fiber, fruits, veggies and protein), and more strength training. I will be 50 years old in December and want to look awesome!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    As a shortie that has twice reset my goal weight, the one thing I really take away from this thread is that no two people are the same. :wink:

We should all go on the basis of what looks good and even more importantly, feels good and is maintainable for us. Numbers are a rather arbitrary way of deciding. I might like to be a little lighter, but I am pretty happy where I am and I am able to maintain it. At this point it is too difficult for me to continue on a path of losing. Maintaining requires just as much care and attention to detail. Maybe I'm just taking a break from losing, I think I will know if or when to start again.

All I know is that I thought I would never see this weight again and am going broke having to buy new clothes. But it's a good broke :laugh:
  • Maggie5050
    Maggie5050 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and trying real hard to lose weight. It is alot harder once you get older but I have also joined a fitness group for seniors and doing cardio 3 times a week. Hope this will help.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and was about 115 before I started having babies. Once I deliver this one, I would like to get to 105-115, but that'll be my long term goal. I'll make mini goals that will eventually get me there, hopefully. I have a long way to go.
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    I am 5'1" and right now I am carrying WAY too much weight for my small frame. I want to be back to 115-120.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i went to 115.6.....now i maintain 120...im 5'3
  • CarolAmanda
    CarolAmanda Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 110-113. I was actually 108 at one point last summer, so I know this range is achievable for me. I working out more now, though, and one of my goals is more muscle. I just want to be less mushy, hope to wear a bikini.

Carol
  • lilybean17
    lilybean17 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and my goal right now is 130. I've always been overweight though so I have no idea what 130 will look like, so I will reassess as I get closer to see if I need to be more or less. I do not want to be scary skinny at all-I like having some (good, not flabby, muscley) meat on my bones!
  • sek92
    sek92 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i have a question: i am 5"10 and i figure my kids will be tall but my 12 year old is 5'0 and weighs 85 pounds, she doesnt look under or overweight, she still growing but if she were to stop a this height i guess she would be way underweight , her friends have all stopped growing, it just hit me that she is same height as adults, wow i guess adding 10 more years to her age will give her more weight, just realized that my baby is growing up; sorry for going off topic, just hit me
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sek92 - I was 50 pounds in the 10th grade. Didn't reach 5'0 until I was 17, didn't see 100 pounds till college, 'grew' till I was about 22 years old. You never know where you will end up! :)
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1 1/2" and when I was working out and felt great (in the Air Force), I weighed 129.... I had a lot of muscle though... so, I guess it depends on your muscle mass...
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I am trying to to get like 120 -130...just somewhere within that range...I'm 160 now and have been stuck here for about a year...no matter what I do my weight stays around 160...I hate it!!
  • ladyviola
    ladyviola Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1 1/2" and I think I look my best @ around 125 (which is the weight I was b4 I started having kids). I would never want to weigh less than 120 though. I would look waaay too thin. I'm currently between 125-130 (i have a digi scale and a regular scale and there is a 5 pound difference between them) Its interesting to hear other shorties' goal weight :)
  • vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am 160cm (5'2") and my goal is 60 kg (132 lb) which is the high side of what is supposed to be normal. However, will be happy with 60 as havent been this for since I was a teenager and is going to be a long time before I get there.
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft and aiming for 110
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and aiming for 115. Started at 141 currently 133. 115 would put me bang in the middle of normal BMI. I have never actually been below 125 without an ED though so that will be a major milestone for me when I make it the healthy way :) I know from looking back at photos I look right at 110-115 but I have never been there and known that simultaneously.
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 1/2 and I'm 114 but I'd like to get back to 105lbs.
  • marielenrdz
    marielenrdz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    As a shortie that has twice reset my goal weight, the one thing I really take away from this thread is that no two people are the same. :wink:

We should all go on the basis of what looks good and even more importantly, feels good and is maintainable for us. Numbers are a rather arbitrary way of deciding. I might like to be a little lighter, but I am pretty happy where I am and I am able to maintain it. At this point it is too difficult for me to continue on a path of losing. Maintaining requires just as much care and attention to detail. Maybe I'm just taking a break from losing, I think I will know if or when to start again.

All I know is that I thought I would never see this weight again and am going broke having to buy new clothes. But it's a good broke :laugh:

So glad you posted this! I'm with you on this one. Numbers are depressing me right now because I'm stuck in a rut right now! I'm on break too for now, just maintaining even though I'd love to see a smaller number in the future! Thanks again for posting this!!! :)