Any Women Who are 5'6??

Options

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,592 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" (well, 5'5.5", but close enough), and my goal range is 135 to 139. I've gotten as low as 136, and today I'm 142. I feel better under 140.
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! I can't believe how low your goal weights are for that height!!!! I am 5ft6 and my goal weight is around 150 as I really just don't feel I could maintain a weight lower than that. Besides I really like having curves!!
  • PJilly
    Options
    WOW!!!! I can't believe how low your goal weights are for that height!!!! I am 5ft6 and my goal weight is around 150 as I really just don't feel I could maintain a weight lower than that. Besides I really like having curves!!
    I think it depends on your body structure too. I would LOVE to have curves, but I will never have an hourglass shape. I have broad shoulders and narrow hips. When I have extra weight, I carry it right in my middle, so that does NOT contribute to a curvy figure on my bod, unfortunately. :laugh:
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6 and my first ultimate goal is 150

Eventually id like to be around 140

I think 150 is nice for our height

x
  • portwood2218
    portwood2218 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My initial goal weight is 160 lbs, but ideally I would like to be 145ish lbs. I have a slightly larger frame. It really depends on your body frame, but I would think anything below 120 is too low for 5'6" height.
  • kaleas
    kaleas Posts: 200
    Options
    I'm 5'5 with a goal weight of 125, currently 132, but I tend to be extremely curvy! I carry all my weight in my hips and thighs. If you'd like some ideas.

Here's me at my lowest last summer of 115. I got told I needed to eat a lot. You could see my chest bones and for once my thighs didn't touch. But I loved this weight because I could wear anything I wanted to! I went from a size 6 to a size 2 in several months due to a nasty bought of depression.
    61362_1466297615567_1177346460_31189374_7940890_n.jpg

Here's me at my current weight of 132. I've always been easily able to maintain a 125-130 weight range, but gained a lot back this winter once I was happy again and ate everything in sight. I'm back up to a size 6, sometimes 8 depending on where, but I've got more of a muffin top than I'd like.
    boots.jpg
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and my goal weight is 155. I have a medium to large frame and want to maintain my curves. At least I hope I can. I tend to start getting really thin all over under 155. I am doing heavy lifting along with my weight loss this time and I'm hoping that I will maintain my curves and be strong and fit. I know I am asking for a lot so I am just going to see what happens and adjust my goals as needed.
  • Jillyc72
    Jillyc72 Posts: 13
    Options
    I've obsessed over my goal weight with the best of them, but the answer is, you'll know when you get there! At first I just aimed for a normal bmi. But in my heart I knew that was slightly too high as it is for men too. But when I got there I found I only wanted to lose 10 pounds or so more. It's impossible to compare yourself to someone of the same height, you could have completely different body types.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    5"6 here and going for 150. In my case though, I don't really feel comfy all skinny, so I am opting to be a little on the chubby side :)
  • tannaleigh
    tannaleigh Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is anywhere betwee 150 and 140... I haven't been that low since high school... I am 5'6 and i looked fantastic at that weight!
  • irisannRN
    irisannRN Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'6" and 5'7" and my goal weight is 110.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently weight 193.5 pounds with 18% body fat in a size 8. I lift weights, a lot of weights, and don't really care what the scale says. Unfortunately, the doctors doing the kidney transplant want me to be at 180 so I'm in the right BMI range to donate, so I'm not lifting right now to lose some muscle mass so I can lose quicker then cutting fat. I get to start the next round of testing at 190, though, so that should be in the next month or so. After the donation, then I'm planning to cut my body fat down to 12-15% and go to a size 6, but I still won't care what the scale says just because I know that when you lift heavy you have to have muscle mass to do it.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Unfortunately, the doctors doing the kidney transplant want me to be at 180...
    How silly is THAT?
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    How silly is THAT?

It's extremely ridiculous in my opinion. But that is what BMI is--ridiculous--when it comes to people who lift weights and have a high lean body mass (mine is 158 per my last test at school). At 18% body fat and with doing several hours of activity daily, I'm probably in better shape then most of the doctors, but they just can't comprehend that the scale and BMI mean diddly when I can squat 1.5 times my body weight. But I'm going to comply because it is a life or death situation for a family member.
  • lcamero2
    lcamero2 Posts: 52
    Options
    I am 5'6 and before I got down to 133 .... My goal is 125, thats what would be ideal for me.
  • danielsmommy10
    Options
    i'm 5'6" i weigh about 180 right now and my goal is to be around 130-125 depending on what looks healthy.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I thought I was 5'6 and had 5lbs to loose until I wasnt in the obese catergory anymore, but it turns out im 5'5 and I have 8lbs to loose til im no longer obese :sad:

In 2007 I was 147 and was super comfortable in my skin and I was well within the healthy catergory. I set my MFP goals to reach that but if I could get to 140 I would be one very happy gal :bigsmile:

Sophie x
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Yes.....My goal was 130, but I may be "there" now at 133.
  • PJilly
    Options
    How silly is THAT?

It's extremely ridiculous in my opinion. But that is what BMI is--ridiculous--when it comes to people who lift weights and have a high lean body mass (mine is 158 per my last test at school). At 18% body fat and with doing several hours of activity daily, I'm probably in better shape then most of the doctors, but they just can't comprehend that the scale and BMI mean diddly when I can squat 1.5 times my body weight. But I'm going to comply because it is a life or death situation for a family member.
    How frustrating and maddening. What you are doing is the true definition of selflessness. I really admire you for that. I hope the transplant goes well and that you are able to quickly add back all that beautiful lean body mass you'll be losing.
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6. Started at 225 and my goal is 145 or 140 if I feel like it :)
    I have a larger build also...not really petite at all. Pretty large shoulders and hips...so you guys that are 110 or less...that just sounds crazy thin to me. I'm pretty happy with where I am now (153), but it is still considered overweight...I'll be really excited when I get under 148. I will be normal weight for my height for the first time in my adult life :))))