Any Women Who are 5'6??

Options

Replies

• Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    I am 5'6" athletic built: 115 pounds with 14% BF.
    the healthy range is between 112 to 150 depending on your body type and shape.
    so do what works for you and what makes you healthy.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I am just under 5' 5 1/2" and I am currently 141lbs, I don't have a goal really, as I am a healthy weight already, but I guess I'd be happy to hit 130.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'', I'm about 145lb right now, lowest I was at was 112, but I had a 4 year lack of periods and other health issues until I gained some. So right now I am at 145ish, but I am looking at a goal of 125, 120. I would see when I get closer to there.
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is 125lbs (I have a small frame).
  • kolbyjack
    kolbyjack Posts: 71
    Options
    I am 5'6" and I think my goal weight is 135lbs. I can only remember being 138. I got as high as 173 (yuck) and in size 13 jeans. I am now 150lbs and size 8/9. I feel a lot better, but I want to lose some more and just get toned. I don't think a certain weight will be my goal, I just want to feel good about myself.
  • meribethd
    meribethd Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm just shy of 5'6". I don't have a set goal weight, but I'm going to see how I feel at 140. I'm not too far from it now, but as many of us know, the last ten or 15 lbs can be really difficult! If/when I get to 140, I'll reevaluate and see if I feel like I need to lose any more weight, or just get more fit.
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Options
    I am! Right now my goal weight is 190. After that, I'm sure I will set another goal.
  • butterfly0475
    butterfly0475 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am that height and I am not focused on weight but fat mass in body and size 8 is my goal. I am 186 in a size 12 now.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I know you have lots of replies, but I have enjoyed reading all of them! I'm 5'5.5" (close enough!) I currently weight 133.5 but have NO idea what my goal weight is. I'm focusing on strength training right now. My goal is to have flat abs. I still have small love handles and a bulge under my belly button I'm trying to make go away. So I want to lower my body fat % for now, I have no idea how much muscle I'll gain or what the final number on the scale will be, I just want to be sexy and healthy!
  • iamgonnagetthere
    Options
    I am 5'6 and my current weight is 135 and I want to be 115. I think it is healthy and you will look good :)
  • MrsGaff
    MrsGaff Posts: 42
    Options
    Im 5'6" and 135. I want to be 118lbs (one pound less than eight and a half stone... dont ask lol). Ive had three kids in three years though so Im not thinking its going to be particularly easy but thats my ideal goal.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    im 5'6

i dont really have a goal weight but i am currently 105ish (some days 106) ... i was 103 but ive managed to put a little bit back on and im now too hungry all the time to drop back to 1200 even with exercise calories!

Geez, 106 lbs is TEENY TINY for 5'6"...I think the lowest healthy weight, according to BMI, at least, is like 115 lbs.
  • agdeierl
    Options
    I'm just a touch under 5'6"...5 foot five and three quarters, to be exact! I just go ahead and assume I'm 5'6". Anyway, I was the same height all throughout high school and weighed 100-115 lbs throughout. At the time, I felt fat, though not as much as I do now. Anyway, looking back at pictures, I think I looked amazing at that weight, though maybe a little too skinny. Then I found out that my classmates' mothers were seriously concerned about me and said they thought I was suffering from anorexia in high school!!!!! So I do not resolve to get back into high school weight, since with my tiny bird-bones, I look sickly apparently at that weight! I am 144 lbs now (started at 150) and am shooting for anywhere between 125-135 lbs, depending on how much flab I get rid of and how toned I look!
  • I am 5'5 , starting at 208 and don't go by what weight I want to be at. For me it is feeling comfortable in my clothes. Once apon a time I was 150 and was constantly told I looked sickly. I just want to be able to buy clothes at a store that is not deemed "plus size". Currently a size 16 jeans, goal is size 10 jeans.

I am told that I "hold" my weight well and that I don't look like I am "that heavy"... I think those people are liars.
  • BexC1
    BexC1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in Australia, so I've had my converter open while I've been reading all these posts. :huh:

I'm 5'5 (165cm) and when I got married in June 2009 I was 110lbs (50kg), since then with medication changes I went up to 138 (63kg)

Now I'm happy to be aiming at 121 (55kg) because I wanted to get more definition to my (little) muscles.

AND can I say, it seems crazy to me that in Aus we tend to talk about losing 5kg, and that's a big accomplishment - in lbs that's like 11lbs, and so much more of an amazing sounding result.
    Dress sizes are awesome too - in Aus we usually start from a size 6. At 110lbs I was a good size 8. So seeing you ladies reaching a size 4etc is crazy confusing to me... :smile:
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6. My initial goal is 130, but I think I'll go for 124 as my ultimate goal giving me a BMI of 20.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I maintain my weight at around 138. I thought 131 was a great weight for me, but when I started working out seriously, I kept the same body fat but put on about 7 lbs. To do the things I want to do, 137-138 is the best weight for me.
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm 5'6 1/2. I was 5'7, but I lost half an inch. But I don't think I fit in here. I've been BIG--and I do mean big-for so long that if I ever get to 160 lbs., I'll feel skinny! People on here are talking about size 4--I think I must have been bigger than that when I was born! (I was a big baby they say!) My goal is to just take it one day at a time and hope it works and I lose something this week.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    im 5'6

i dont really have a goal weight but i am currently 105ish (some days 106) ... i was 103 but ive managed to put a little bit back on and im now too hungry all the time to drop back to 1200 even with exercise calories!

Geez, 106 lbs is TEENY TINY for 5'6"...I think the lowest healthy weight, according to BMI, at least, is like 115 lbs.

yeah i know... im supposed to be trying to get back there but its taking time because im not comfortable getting to that weight...

i started losing weight at 126 and my highest weight ever is only 135 :S
  • agdeierl
    Options
    im 5'6

yeah i know... im supposed to be trying to get back there but its taking time because im not comfortable getting to that weight...

i started losing weight at 126 and my highest weight ever is only 135 :S

Well that's good that you're aiming for a healthy weight! Gosh I hope I didn't sound insensitive. I didn't mean to be. Body image is a tricky thing, so I understand. Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou: