P90X and Beach Body products

Replies

• RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    I can see why they said P90x isn't really for weight loss but that doesn't mean you won't lose weight. I haven't really been on the ball at all with my nutrition and I lost 4lbs in my first 3.5 weeks of it. There are some discs that are cardio but there is a lot of strength training as well. That's why on days when I have Yoga or Stretch I do 30min of cardio/resistance training later in the day. It will DEFINITELY tone you up as long as you're putting the effort in.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I can see why they said P90x isn't really for weight loss but that doesn't mean you won't lose weight. I haven't really been on the ball at all with my nutrition and I lost 4lbs in my first 3.5 weeks of it. There are some discs that are cardio but there is a lot of strength training as well. That's why on days when I have Yoga or Stretch I do 30min of cardio/resistance training later in the day. It will DEFINITELY tone you up as long as you're putting the effort in.

See, I had heard about having to follow the nutrition plan pretty strictly.
    I like being able to use this site and focus on foods I am willing to eat all the time, not just to lose weight. So I am not sure how that would affect my results.
    I would like to tone up (haven't reshaped since having my daughter .... 5 years ago) but I do have a good amount of weight to lose as well (I am not so picky about the numbers as I am about the overall look).
  • RachVR6
    Well my sister had lost 20lbs in her first 90 days being strict with her nutrition and really working hard. So you can still see major weight loss. I use their diet plan right now which for me is 1400calories, high protein, low carb for the first 3 weeks. I kinda slacked off but as long as I'm still within my range on this site I feel fine about it. You really have to experiment with the nutrition and see what works for you.
  • ChubbyBunny
    See this is why I revived this thread....cause you guys have actual experience with the products so can give more info.

20lbs is really good.
    What are the nutrition plans like? Is it easy to live with....I mean I know I won't be getting burgers and fries .....but I still don't do the whole deprivation thing.
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Then I stand corrected about the customer service... the only time I had trouble was back in 2005... maybe I should have added that in there!!1

i had major problems with them back then too when i first got my slim in six, they kept charging me for vitamins and when i tried to cancel it like five times they said they didn't have any record of me ordering but somehow they kept charging my bank account for it, i ended up having to cancel my bank card and get one with a different number because of it, i still have like three giant bottles of their "multi-vitamins" that they wouldn't take back because they said they had to record of the order, it was the strangest thing

glad to hear they have improved that part of it
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    It sounds like you are quite fit and know about lifting weights. I would say go the P90X, but then again it is a 6 day a week program, so if you are only a weekend type of athlete, it wouldn't be for you. They also have something called Ten Minute Trainer, with multiple dvd's and you can do as few as one or combine a few for a full workout. Something about stacking exercises, makes it quite effective, and people say it gives you a real good workout, that the 10 minutes seemed like 30. HTH

Thanks for the response. I am OK with the 6 day/week change; I actually want to get into that level of commitment. While I'm reasonably fit I'd say I'm more capable from a strength basis than a cardio basis (ie, when I use the treadmill I walk/jog for 30-40 mins; I can't jog the whole time). It seemed P90x would be above my current capabilities; maybe not? Appreciate the help! Mike
  • RachVR6
    See this is why I revived this thread....cause you guys have actual experience with the products so can give more info.

20lbs is really good.
    What are the nutrition plans like? Is it easy to live with....I mean I know I won't be getting burgers and fries .....but I still don't do the whole deprivation thing.

I like it a lot. I substitute different things in here and there. I eat a lot of chicken and salmon for dinners, along with burgers. Just homemade stuff. Breakfast for me is normally a egg and broccoli omelet, cuz it's my fav. 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites, and a cup of chopped up broccoli. Tons of Protein only like 100 cals or soo, but nice and filling.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Then I stand corrected about the customer service... the only time I had trouble was back in 2005... maybe I should have added that in there!!1

i had major problems with them back then too when i first got my slim in six, they kept charging me for vitamins and when i tried to cancel it like five times they said they didn't have any record of me ordering but somehow they kept charging my bank account for it, i ended up having to cancel my bank card and get one with a different number because of it, i still have like three giant bottles of their "multi-vitamins" that they wouldn't take back because they said they had to record of the order, it was the strangest thing

glad to hear they have improved that part of it

I've had some issues with customer service too....not as severe as that though. That is why you always want to double check those card bills.
  • ChubbyBunny

20lbs is really good.

I like it a lot. I substitute different things in here and there. I eat a lot of chicken and salmon for dinners, along with burgers. Just homemade stuff. Breakfast for me is normally a egg and broccoli omelet, cuz it's my fav. 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites, and a cup of chopped up broccoli. Tons of Protein only like 100 cals or soo, but nice and filling.

High protein has killed my body before....
    Also, I usually eat breakfast at school (I teach)
    So I can't cook up stuff like omletes, etc easily.
  • RachVR6
    Well nothing says you have to follow their diet. The program is still amazing! You can just follow you food goals on here. I'm sure you'll still see some great results. :smile:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Well nothing says you have to follow their diet. The program is still amazing! You can just follow you food goals on here. I'm sure you'll still see some great results. :smile:

Thanks, your input is just the kind of stuff I was looking for.
    I think personal experince speaks so much louder then a salesperson
  • RachVR6
    No problem. I'll be posting up pictures of my results when I finish my first 90 days at the end of October. Better start bringing it then huh? :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    HAHA! :laugh:

You are WAY braver then me.
  • RachVR6
    Oh man when I took my day 1 pics I cried so hard! I know that by 90 days I won't look or feel anything like that person so I won't care who see's my rolls! :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Awesome! Can't wait to see the results.

I may get that, I mean it may kill me......
  • RachVR6
    Feel free to join the forums over there (it's free) and talk to people or just look at their results pictures. It's great motivation. forums.beachbody.com
  • ChubbyBunny
    Thanks.
    I've used lots of BB products in the past just nothin I can stick to or seem amazing results.,
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member

20lbs is really good.

That's what I love about MFP. I do P90X and use the tracking here. I still eat clean, but if I do want to splurge a little, I just add it in to my cals for the day. It's more than a 90 day program for me.

Let me know if you have any questions about Beachbody, nutrition, or other programs! I'll answer what I can. Here's some of my descriptions of the workouts that I have.

Turbo Jam = fun cardio!! I have the weighted gloves so you can add in some more intensity. You really get out of it what you put into it. You can make it tougher if you want. Chalene is fun! She's coming out w/ some new workouts called ChaLENE Extreme in October!

Slim in 6 = a great starter program if you're new to exercising. Debbie is good, but the workouts do get monotonous after a while. Love the Slim & 6 pack and my Mom loves these (she is 56).

Slim Series = much better than SI6. A good variety of workouts, full body, lower body, circuit style w/ lighter weights.

Power 90 = another good starter program w/ more weight lifting, pushups, cardio, etc. Mostly 30-45 min workouts.

P90Masters = kind of an add on to P90, more workouts like Core Cardio, Intervals, Plyo Legs, etc. Great 40-45 min workouts.

P90X = INTENSE! Pullups, pushups, weight lifting, Plyometrics, Kenpo (karate-type kickboxing), Yoga, etc. BEST program I have ever purchased. You do need a pullup bar and either weights or bands. 12 DVD's that are all about an hour except for Ab RipperX which you do 3x a week (15 min) and YogaX which is 90 min. This is my favorite, I've owned it for a year and a half and still use the workouts regularly!

P90X+ = Intense Plus! 5 workouts that are a great add on to P90X or on their own. Upper body, total body, Interval+, Kenpo+, and Abs/Core+. Faster workout, it moves fast and you work up a good sweat in 45 min!

Hope that helps some.

Jess
  • ChubbyBunny
    Is the pullup bar mandatory or can you work up to it....cause I KNOW I can't do a pull up
  • RachVR6
    I don't have a pull up bar because I don't have a doorway that would hold one and no room for a stand alone. I bought bands from a local sporting goods store and they have a loop you can put them through with a block on the end so you can close it in a door. It works great for me!
This discussion has been closed.