SHOCKED at some "weight-loss" advice

Options
13»

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Trying to voice the other side is not controversial....

but really, let's not hijacked the OP's thread any longer, if you need to say something more just pm me......
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    That's HOT! NOT! :embarassed:
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    That is a typical "ana" diet encouraged by those with eating disorders. Yes, it may be shocking to those who have never suffered and eating disorder... unfortunately, it doesn't shock me at all. It just makes me sad that people would follow it because they feel so insecure, lost, ugly and "not good enough".:cry:

My biggest thing is that a weight loss webpage was support it was all.
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    Thats not any worse than people who eat at McDonalds three times a day.

I'm sorry but PERSPECTIVE, people.

you are right but i would be just as shocked to see a weight loss page supporting that
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    i totally agree. believe me, i wasnt disagreeing with you being shocked at it...just some of the reactions
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    i totally agree. believe me, i wasnt disagreeing with you being shocked at it...just some of the reactions

I couldn't quite tell, it was all jumbled after so long, I just wanted to make sure no one thought I meant anything mean by this
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Kristen, it is sad that a "weight loss" support website would encourage it. It sounds like it isn't really a weight loss support website as much as a pro-ana website. They are everywhere. Breaks my heart because I've been there...
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Well eating all the colours of vegetables in the rainbow is a great idea! But such low calories come on!!!
  • Sparkles1991
    Options
    wow! Its actually sad how far ppl will go to loose weight. I myself struggle with my weight, but I would never go as fast as too doing this "rainbow diet" now I will agree that the "eating the colors of the rainbow"us a cute idea, but that few calories is so unhealthy.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of diets that have been around for ages that are really dangerous. They may get you fast weight loss but you'll eventually end up sick. Nutrition is important and after some of the weird diets the weight loss turns into weight gain. I tried one in my teens that was called the mayo clinic diet....horrible!
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    just looking at that meal plan makes me hungry! I can' imagine only eating that!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Here's what I got from that. Yellow makes you fat.

Joking of course. That should really be called the death diet.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    After reading this yesterday I went facebook and reported it for promoting self harm.
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    THAT seems like a crazy diet. Today, during lunch time, one of my coworkers was telling me about this "21 day diet" she is on. It seems she consulted a nutritionist who told her to only eat 800 calories a day for 21 days. My coworker is probably 5'4"-5'4" and not more than 10-15 lbs overweight. She wants to drop 10 lbs. In addition, she exercises 5 times a week. She is buying food from some company that makes breakfast/lunch/dinner. Each meal costs around $8-$9...:frown: When I told her that I'm concerned that she's eating too less, she said "Oh I'm doing fine. Look at the quality of my food." Oh well.
  • 33nessy
    33nessy Posts: 104
    Options
    u know the saddest thing is that some people will be desperate enuf 2 lose weight that they will obey this stupid diet
  • 33nessy
    Options
    Only if I aspired to look like this:

weekly_gif_collection_33.gif

crazy3.gif

that is disgusting....wow
  • 33nessy
    Options
    After reading this yesterday I went facebook and reported it for promoting self harm.

well done! thanks on behalf of us here and to any future person that could have read all about it
  • missxena
    missxena Posts: 70
    Options
    Not sure where to post this so i put it here, i was looking for facebook sites that support moms in their weight loss journey and came across one that SHOCKED me, giving these girls advice on weightloss that was just outright Crazy. This is the diet they recommended

the rainbow diet
    Monday (white):
    Breakfast: ½ apple (40.5 cals)
    Lunch: ½ apple (40.5 cals)
    Dinner: 1 cucumber (24 cals)
    Total: 105 cals

Tuesday (yellow):
    Breakfast: 1 banana (108.5 cals)
    Lunch: 1 banana (108.5 cals)
    Dinner: ½ cup corn (66 cals)
    Total: 283 cals

Wednesday (fast):

Thursday (orange):
    Breakfast: ½ orange (31 cals)
    Lunch: ½ orange (31 cals)
    Dinner: 1 carrot (26 cals)
    Total: 88 cals

Friday (red):
    Breakfast: ½ cup strawberries (21.5 cals)
    Lunch: ½ cup strawberries (21.5 cals)
    Dinner: ½ red pepper (16 cals)
    Total: 59 cals

Saturday (purple/blue):
    Breakfast: 10 blueberries (8 cals)
    Lunch: 10 blueberries (8 cals)
    Dinner: 10 raspberries (24 cals)
    Total: 40 cals

Sunday (green):
    Breakfast: ½ cup grapes (57 cals)
    Lunch: ½ grapes (57 cals)
    Dinner: 1 cup lettuce (7 cals)
    Total: 121 cals

Week total: 696 cals

REALLY? The others were a water and lemon diet and a baby food diet! I am just in shock!

WHEW! Tuesday is pig out day! I couldnt eat all of those calories.
    lol stuffed on tues, but seriously it so wrong and so easy for young girl access
  • jammyone
    jammyone Posts: 80
    Options
    Ugh. That's rank and completely unhealthy.