"Real women have curves."

Options
124»

Replies

• TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    It's a phrase insecure people use in order to make them feel better about themselves. A "real" woman has a vagina; that's about it. No need to insult slim or thin women because you've felt inadequate your entire life (I don't mean that towards you OP, but the people who use this cliche phrase). I prefer an hourglass figure for myself, but I know plenty of women who look great with other body shapes as well. People should learn to keep preferences for themselves to themselves, and not force it on others.
  • allroundthesun
    Options
    A "real" woman has a vagina; that's about it.

I don't want to start a big drama, but actually, there *are* women who do not have vaginas. All *females* have vaginas, but "female" and "woman" are two very different things. Again, I know that's somewhat pedantic, and I'm not trying to be a jerk to you, but I wanted to toss that out there.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    A "real" woman has a vagina; that's about it.

I don't want to start a big drama, but actually, there *are* women who do not have vaginas. All *females* have vaginas, but "female" and "woman" are two very different things. Again, I know that's somewhat pedantic, and I'm not trying to be a jerk to you, but I wanted to toss that out there.

Hence why I put real in quotations. :wink:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love this statement. And from an artist's point of view, it is true. There is no adult female without curves. From overweight to skinny, we all have curves. It's part of being a human woman. In figure drawing class I always preferred drawing women because I loved drawing, shading, and highlighting the curves. I find it really beautiful. Women have a soft flow to their bodies that men just do not have. Don't get me wrong, I am not sexually attracted to women. But I can appreciate anything that is pleasing to the eye.

Personally, I have an hourglass figure. I love this about myself and accentuate it whenever I can. I wear clothing to accentuate my curves, particularly my waist. Even before I lost any weight I had this viewpoint. I have a fascination with corsets for this reason (I also love fashion history). Curves can just be aesthically esquisite.