What does breakfast look like to you?

Options
124»

Replies

• DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a protein shake and chicken salad on a 100 cal deli flat.
  • jeannas
    jeannas Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Today I had a half a portion of Chobani fat free plain yogurt and topped it with 1/2 cup kashi go lean crunch. Lots of protein !

Sprinkle a little splenda or truvia on yogurt if you need it sweeter..but I find the kashi is pretty sweet on its own. It's almost having a bowl of cereal with yogurt instead of milk..very filling and good for you.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Either oatmeal with fruit & sometimes nuts, or scrambled eggs with cheese & vegetables. A while back I made Cook's Illustrated Best Light Recipe Cinnamon Rolls, and they were SO GOOD!
  • JRB1965
    JRB1965 Posts: 15
    Options
    Breakfast - Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Jimmy Dean - Turkey Sausage Patties (Fully Cooked), 2 patties 120/1/7/13
    Egg Beaters - Egg Beaters, 1/2 cup 60/2/0/12
    Yoplait - Original Strawberry Yogurt- 99% Fat Free, 6 oz 170/33/2/5

350 calories
  • lauraajohnsonrn
    Options
    I like to mix it up...some ideas....

Oatmeal with peanut butter/jelly....3/4 oz smuckers peanut butter, 1 oz kraft grape jelly, 1 cup of oatmeal = 352 calories...can add more jelly for a more sweet taste
    Oatmeal with peanut butter/honey....3/4 oz smuckers peanut butter, kraft honey-1 packet = 387 calories
    Thomas bagel thins toasted with 2 tbsp peanut butter (Peter Pan), one tbsp honey....YUMMY my fave! = 380 calories
    Special K Chocolate Delight cereal with skim milk
    4 large eggs scrambled with 2 kraft singles =400 calories, true it's high in cholestorol so you can use just egg whites or buy the eggs that are lower in cholestorol.....this meal comes with 30+ grams of protein
  • lauraajohnsonrn
    Options
    sounds good!
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    During the week at work its oatmeal ( the real one-not instant -only 3 minutes in the micro & WAAAAy better) with a handful of frozen blueberries.
    On the weekend, egg white & a few links of turkey sausage, or a piece of whole grain toast with 2oz of low sodium ham & a maybe a piece of cheese melted. Some times I just grab a piece of cold grilled chicken breast & nosh on that
  • cassiex10
    cassiex10 Posts: 40
    Options
    on the days i work, i have a special k protein shake. on my days off, i usually have some scrambled egg whites & a rice cake with reduced fat peanut butter.
  • JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    Black coffees, an orange and a hard boiled egg. Boring but delicious.
  • Burbritt
    Burbritt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There is a subway across from my office so I usually grab an Egg White & Cheese on an English Muffin --- tastes decent, holds me over until lunch, and only 150 cals.