Is it me or do I see slim ppl wanting to lose weight

Options
I have been on quite a few topics on here and on half of them I see people (mostly girls) who look healthy and flawless in their pictures, with no reason to lose weight - yet they are wanting to lose at least 50-100lb! I don't want to sound absurd but I do think a few people on here take it to the extreme!

Replies

• chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I guess its in the eyes of the beholder? x
  • Leopardliz
    Leopardliz Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I agree. Theres a difference in wanting to loose a whole bunch of weight and just getting healthy and loosing a couple of lbs. Maybe they just take good pictures ;) but i guess everyone has their own motives for being here!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Meh, slim is relative. Or they could just take REALLLLY great photos, (like my beautiful wife :wink: )
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    maybe it's not their real pic... or it's their 'before I gained 100 lbs pic'

:) Not sure.. just trying to help! LOL
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    maybe it's not their real pic... or it's their 'before I gained 100 lbs pic'

:) Not sure.. just trying to help! LOL
  • Hunnieshadow
    Options
    My profile picture is a picture of me and what I use to be.....it keeps me focused!!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't trust everyone's profile pictures . . .I know from thread discussions that some people will post a goal picture (them at a previous weight, a celebrity . . .) and not a current one. There was one member I was thinking the same thing about and from her threads she revealed stats that were NOTHING like her profile picture.

Yes, there will be some people with unrealistic goals, but keep that in mind.
  • BastaConLaPasta
    Options
    maybe using old pics as motivation?

also different people carry weight differently. I get away with looking quite slim as I have skinny arms/ no boobs/ long neck - but I carry all of my weight on thighs and bum. Am just good at disguising it and deflecting attention!!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Mine looks exactly like me.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Oh, and everyone carries their weight differently!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is 20 years old lol
  • music_lover_103
    Options
    like they said already, lots of people have their inspiration photo as their profile pic.
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    In my picture my face looks thin (finally rid of that darn double chin!) but if you were to see my gut you'd understand my weight loss! Lets just not try to judge a book by its cover :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't trust everyone's profile pictures . . .I know from thread discussions that some people will post a goal picture (them at a previous weight, a celebrity . . .) and not a current one. There was one member I was thinking the same thing about and from her threads she revealed stats that were NOTHING like her profile picture.

Yes, there will be some people with unrealistic goals, but keep that in mind.

My thoughts exactly.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I try to take a new picture every week and make it my profile, that way everyone else can watch the progression with me. :)
  • paloma1182
    paloma1182 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I wonder if maybe they just take great photos? just like a bunch of people already said lol i weighed 400 lbs when i started this a month ago and you couldnt tell from SOME of my pics... that i bet is what throws people off.
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the other posts....sometimes people put up before pics....my pic is my ...hey look at me i have lost 27 pounds and proud of it pic...but what you don't see is my stomach where i need to lose the rest of my weight at (after having 4 children haha)...but i do know what you are saying some people that are on here really don't need to lose weight but they feel that they do :happy:
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm on here for maintenance now, I'm not trying to lose more weight. I just love the close support group and the throwing around of different food and workout ideas. So some of those people are probably also in their maintenance range.
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    It may be a goal picture of what they want to look like and not really them. Just a thought. :smile:
    I have never been able to take before pics of myself, I tried, and then deleted them. Shame, now I have lost almost 30 lbs and have no before to remind me of what to never get back to.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Mine looks exactly like me.

ha!! :)

really though... maybe its not their pic, maybe its an old pic, maybe they carry it well, maybe its eye of the beholder. what ever it is, everyone has their own reasons for being here and (within reason) should do what makes them happy and makes them feel comfortable in their skin.