What gym types can't you stand?

Options

Replies

• mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    i cant stand the ppl that go to the gym, just to say they went to the gym. they get on a machine, and go AS SLOW AS POSSIBLE! no sweat, just to say, hey i went to the gym today. we only have TWO ellipticals that have the arms on them, and i dont use the ones without. why dont u PRETEND to workout on the one that uses LESS workout since ur really not working out anyways! that, and the stinky guy who wears the same shirt and shorts EVERY time hes in there, and smells like he might wash them once a week! those are my two biggest complaints about the gym. oh, and that there are never any women down in the weight room, just a bunch of young buff dudes who stare at me like they have never seen a woman lifting weights before! ugh.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I used to go to the Gym when I was 12-14... I went three times a week, and I worked it. Yeah it's young but I had my whole crcuit made up for me by the gym owner (he knew my mom, and I did kung fu there). The people that drove me crazy were the ones that would literally yell for me to stop playing on the machines when I was obviously there to work out... like seriously... It's the major reason I never went to the Gym once I hit highschool.
  • jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    I hate the person on the phone who wants you to hear there conversation by being loud and that fake laugh!
    Check that. I hate this at the grocery store, the office, public transportation, laundry mat, etc..
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when women have to wear make up or heavy perfume...I don't get it.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Well, if you can't take grunting or yelling, definitely don't go to my MMA gym. When its time to hit a bag, each hit accentuated with a yell or scream. Helps with your breathing and your explosiveness.
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is when women have to wear make up or heavy perfume...I don't get it.
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I dont really care what people do at the gym. Fine with me if the ladies run around in teeny tiny outfits or if the guys grunt.. makes things interesting.

however I really really can't stand talking to anyone. esp if I have headphones on. I'll just point at the headphones which means "Running, can't hear you. Don't talk to me" but some people don't really get it...
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't like gyms full stop, but my bug bears were other customers giving me gym advice. That's the job of the fitness instructors. If you want to criticise - tell one of them and get them to tell me. I don't appreciate unsolicited advice.

And swimmers. I am very slow in the pool and do not want to get my hair wet every time I swim. I do NOT appreciate people tearing past splashing half the water out of the pool and barging into me. Usually kicking me in the head as they pass. Have a bit of respect for other people!

Like I said, I hate gyms!
  • eb2012
    eb2012 Posts: 9
    Options
    I can't stand....

1. Children ( I go to the Y)

2. Unnattractive women who assume just because I'm a a male and look in thier direction that I'm staring at them.... Umm no sweetie.

3. People who do not wipe the machines after use....Just nasty!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I hate the over perfumed people, and the ones that smell like they just crawled out of a closet full of smoke.

The one I think is odd is the guy that comes in and works out wearing jeans and construction boots.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Wow, I think I need to re-evaluate. I have never actually been bugged by someone in the gym. I mean if someone wants to stare ..Rock on!!! It just means I am doing something right. If someone is grunting…Rock on!!! They are doing something right!!! Someone is taking too long on the cardio machines, not mad at them they are doing great!! Mad at the gym for not having enough machines. Note to self: find something that bothers me…hmmmm..i’ll get back to you on that.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The too skinny for the gym guy that tries to lift the largest dumbbells in the place.... but has not the strength nor the form to pull it off.

The guy on the best treadmill in the place, doing a 10K walk for 120 minutes. WTF!!!

The guy that shows up super early in the morning and turns on CNN full blast. Really? CNN? I care about Japan too, but not at 6am.

Not to pick on anyone... but... If you have a significant amount of body fat, and aren't going for the Arnold look, you don't have to do isolated muscle exercises like 18 different ab crunches. These do not make a bit of difference until you are ripped. Do core exercises instead to burn the most fat. Save the sculpting for when your fat is gone ;)
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    the ladies that look like they are going to a either a fashion show or a modelling show!
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    I pretty much tune every one out when I'm there. But I have two guys that go the same time I do. One is the creeper. He gets on the bike and he churns slowly. Stops. Disappears for 10 minutes and hops back on. He stares at all the women. That's all he does the whole time. He will occasionally move to treadmill if there's a cute girl on one. He'll camp on the one next to her.

The other guy is actually pretty nice but his routine cracks me up. He walks in and jumps on the treadmill for a pretty fast paced 10 minute run. Next he does abs on one of the machines. After that it's the stairmaster then back to more abs. That's all he does. Every.day.at.every.workout. I've documented it.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think I need to re-evaluate. I have never actually been bugged by someone in the gym. I mean if someone wants to stare ..Rock on!!! It just means I am doing something right. If someone is grunting…Rock on!!! They are doing something right!!! Someone is taking too long on the cardio machines, not mad at them they are doing great!! Mad at the gym for not having enough machines. Note to self: find something that bothers me…hmmmm..i’ll get back to you on that.

+1

the only people that bother me are the people doing quarter squats with way too much weight and their knees are way ahead of their toes. as someone who has had knee surgery that just hurts to watch.
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Well this has made me giggle thanks :bigsmile: I was just thinking I am missing my gym membership and now I realise nope I'm good!

I'll add mine .... my old gym had a pool with sauna/steam rooms at one end with loungers out, not many people would use the pool which was great except for the glut of guys that would just sit in the loungers and unashamedly perve on your boobs!
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I don't like all of the flirtation going on. I know that it is a University gym, so it makes sense that you want to meet other people there with similar interests, but I see way too many girls wearing makeup and skimpy outfits, and way too many guys looking their way from the weights mirror trying to get attention.

None of the flirts are sweating.

Just ask people their numbers already and get your sweat on!!

It makes me feel like they ALL have bad self image and are just there to get noticed.
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options
    I dont really care what people do at the gym. Fine with me if the ladies run around in teeny tiny outfits or if the guys grunt.. makes things interesting.

however I really really can't stand talking to anyone. esp if I have headphones on. I'll just point at the headphones which means "Running, can't hear you. Don't talk to me" but some people don't really get it...

I am with you, gives me something to watch when they are acting like fools. I also don't like people trying to start up a conversation. I want to get in and get out, plus I usually have headphones in and don't want to take them out to visit.
  • ZachyABaby
    ZachyABaby Posts: 235
    Options
    I can't stand the people who f off the whole time they're there. Do work.
  • Cathy_5011
    Options
    I love the ones that stare at their muscles in the mirrors or the ones that do a heavy rep and then look around to see who noticed them..
    oh and the puffed up guys that have to walk sideways just to get through doors.. Sightly exaggerated, i think so : )

dont forget the women that come to the gym practically wearing lingerie and get on the hip abducuter machines.. HELLO..i can see your hooohaw..

:ohwell:

:laugh: I see a lot of that at my gym in southern OC